• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Dan on Dave Glenn Now

Hey Dan, how about doing some actual reporting and find out whether Bz is going to get fired or not.

It's called breaking a story, you ought to try it sometime.

Do you understand the difference between an article and a column? When Dan writes an article he's reporting. When Dan writes a piece for MTOW, he's opining.

And if Dan goes too far in his reporting or opines too negatively for his Premiership's liking, he's in danger of having his access restricted. He has to do a dance when reporting or criticizing too much. His coming out more and more the last few weeks leads me to believe that he's heard that Buzzdick is gone, and so he's freer to be more critical. I feel bad for Dan. He's a nice guy and has spent the last 4 years covering the same shite sandwich, and it's got to test his creativity to describe each new shite sandwich of a game and not be too negative. Dan prolly has PTSD.

Is it possible that only one person in the AD knows [Redacted]'s fate: Ron Mother Fucking Wellman? And that Wellman hasn't told anyone, hence there is nothing to break?

I find that likely. Which is why I think Mike Biddie answered the question put to him about the CBI the way that he did. He has no clue what RW wants to do. Everything we know about Wellman says he keeps the Mother Fucker close to the vest.

20 years as Wake beat writer and all we get is "I have no inside information"

You've gotten more confirmation out of posters on this board than you ever would out of a beat writer on this subject.

He's gone.

I've already said that I was on campus last week for an alumni function with the high rollers who were entertaining incoming frosh and their parents, and had heard it first hand from a connection in the alumni office that Bzz is a dead man walking. Patience all, the end is near.

It's the new hire that should concern us all.

I've already said that I was on campus last week for an alumni function with the high rollers who were entertaining incoming frosh and their parents, and had heard it first hand from a connection in the alumni office that Bzz is a dead man walking. Patience all, the end is near.

It's the new hire that should concern us all.

WHY?!?!? WHO IS IT????

Russell Turner continues to be mentioned because of his previous coaching stint at Wake.

NO!! WE NEED THE BIG SPLASH HIRE THIS TIME!!! RW OWES US THIS MUCH!!!!

In b-ball? Not sure I would say Dino and Skip had a problem with doing more with less, and for the most part they won. Seems like they could bring in better than "less". They just couldn't do more with more when it really counted.

Sure if you're using the post-Bz definition of "win" as finishes near .500 or being on the NIT bubble. Gaps in recruiting killed Odom, Skip, and Dino. That's why we had the 2005-06 team that was JGray, BigE, Trent, and nothing.

I've heard Turner plenty too. I'm just holding out hope that his name is simply a smokescreen. "under promise, over deliver" and all that.

I've heard Turner plenty too. I'm just holding out hope that his name is simply a smokescreen. "under promise, over deliver" and all that.

We thought the same thing 4 years ago when Buzzdick's name surfaced as a rumor. We thought at the time that Ron wasn't that stupid and that Buzzdick was a smokescreen.

I use to correspond with Country for several years. He posted my comments on MTOW and we emailed each other on a regular basis. He is a very good columnist and I consider a priviledge to have been able to discuss sports with him. When the WSJ changed their policy and required all who replied to be a Facebook member I told Dan that I would no longer be commenting on MTOW. In fact, Dan gave me the link to this site, suggesting I should monitor to get all the latest info regarding Wake athletics. In my dealings with Dan, I have always found him to be honest, forthright and a man of integrity. His hobby is music and many say he is a fine musician who regularly plays at one of establishments in Winston on Wednesday evenings...

Back