• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 174: Centipedes taking over the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many people work for your company, or more specifically, in your office? and of those people, how many do you know by name?

my company is about 220 people, and i'd say i can't name half of them

every now and then, someone walks by and i have never seen that human in my life.

it's not an enormous place, i've worked with every department, but i definitely feel like most of these people are strangers

More than 500 FT and a half ton of PT people, I know a lot, definitely more than 150, but not nearly everyone.

how many people work for your company, or more specifically, in your office? and of those people, how many do you know by name?

every now and then, someone walks by and i have never seen that human in my life.

it's not an enormous place, i've worked with every department, but i definitely feel like most of these people are strangers

My company is like 35; know errbody. My client in Albany, where I spend half my time, has hundreds of people in the building; I know the handful I work with and that's it. Literally see people walking by all the time that I've never seen before. I will say that they have a large call center in this building so I suspect they have a fair amount of turnover among those teams that contributes to the endless stream of "new" people I see up here.

There are maybe 45 people where I work, and I can definitely name all of them. I'm on friendly terms with probably 2/3 of them.

we have 3 floors of the building (and space on another floor, we may buy the building eventually, but it's 17 stories) and i would say i know 90% of people on my floor and probably less than 50% of people on the two floors above me

Like 7 people

I know most of them

So this Subaru commercial with the dog bucket list really got me in the feels

Probably 250 in my department, and I know every face and most every name but I can't connect all of them.

300 or so in our office, but i only know about 100. of course, a bunch of them are auditors and they're never in; also I make a policy of not learning anyone's name until they have been with us for at least a year. not wasting time on transients.

More than 500 FT and a half ton of PT people, I know a lot, definitely more than 150, but not nearly everyone.

Is that a couple of really fat people, 6 average people, or a mix?

A little over 10,000. 200ish at my office. I know the majority of ones in my office by name.

i had a project in the first couple months with the company where i worked with staff PhDs in each department

we have 30ish PhDs amongst our ranks as staff scientists, and i *think* i know all their names and their bosses' names

that helped big time

otherwise, idk how you learn names of people you never, ever work with unless you jack donaghy it and practice with note cards

Jack: Right this way Tracy. This is Tim Grandy, he’s from Bowie, Maryland. Rachel Bey, she just got engaged. Josh Girard, he got a 760 on his SATs, graduated form SUNY Cortland. Frank Rossitano has every copy of Black Tail Magazine ever published. J.D. Lutz, thyroid problem. James Spurlock, we call him Toofer, 'cause with him you get a two for one, he’s a black guy and a Harvard guy. And of course you know Lemon.
Liz: How did you do that?
Jack: It’s my job.
Jack: Jared from set design. Wally--cuecards. Rupert Murdoch. Melinda Gates. Ziggy from the cartoon "Ziggy". Anthony Pellicano. Heidi Klum. The guy that sleeps with Heidi Klum.

i had a project in the first couple months with the company where i worked with staff PhDs in each department

we have 30ish PhDs amongst our ranks as staff scientists, and i *think* i know all their names and their bosses' names

that helped big time

otherwise, idk how you learn names of people you never, ever work with unless you jack donaghy it and practice with note cards

The PhDs are the only ones worth knowing. #arrogant

CT 174: Back on Top

There are 10 people in my office which makes up the entire organization. Yet for some reason when I send an email to the 3 who need to okay me being out of the office not a single one of them emails me back.

Last edited:

about 110 and I know about 30 or 40 by name. I just suck royally with names. If I work directly with them once or twice I know it, but to just know their names for the sake of knowing them i am shitty. eh Im outy next Fri. My new company has about 150 and I will be a little more high profile so I am going to concentrate on learning everyones name better.

We have 23 people in our office and I know everyone well, except for the two newbies. There are thousands across the country in the company and I probably only know another 30-40 of them by first and last name.

Got my first round of heat pump estimates this morning... cheapest option from these guys is $7214 and high end is $11,535. Oof. Definitely thankful for financing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back