• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 177: Strong Like Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus christ

i read about the doomsday argument last night and now I'm super pessimistic and despondent

jesus christ

i read about the doomsday argument last night and now I'm super pessimistic and despondent
cGgZA.jpg

poll - do you use a cell phone case?

I never do but now that I have a mammoth phone I sorta want one because I'm scurred to drop it.

I never do but now that I have a mammoth phone I sorta want one because I'm scurred to drop it.

Yes - I've used incipio cases on my last two iphones and think they do a great job.

WO. Townie is moonlighting at VICE now.

http://www.vice.com/read/the-glorious-experience-of-growing-up-as-a-guy-with-puffy-nipples

Everyday before entering the locker room at school during my teenage years, I would pinch my nipples. The left one first, then the right one, and I'd wait until they were both erect before turning around to face people. If the room was cold, I'd have about a minute until my body adjusted to the temperature and my nips set back into place. If the room was warm, about half that time.

When they did relax back into their original form, I'd have to turn away from my peers, quickly swipe my hands across my chest, and then wait until the illusion returned. Of course, this would only work a few times before my body caught onto the trick and my mammary glands stayed permanently puffy. Thus, all of my changing, deodorizing, and general hygiene needed to be done in a short, two-minute window, unless I wanted to be laughed at for having deflated marshmallows on my chest.

Evutec Karbon. It's pretty thin and awesome. They make them for iPhones as well as lesser phones.

I have a Belkin one for my 4s (#oldphone) that has served me well for 2.5 years or so. I've dropped it a number of times and never had a crack or other problem. I also have a stick on anti-glare screen protector that I like.

Anyone ever taken a PXT assessment before. I found it funny I was just asked to do it for a potential new job after all of the GRE discussion. It was slated to take about an hour and had 6 sections. 2 sections were personality kind of questions, 2 sections were math (both algebra problems and word problems), and 2 were verbal (vocab and analogies).

Friday afternoon was probably not the best time to try to tackle it. Some of the math I was digging deep on.

Oddly, the HR person that sent it to me had this in the cover "There are no right or wrong answers to the PXT, this assessment helps us better understand how candidates think and work." Um...that might be true for the personality sections but I'm pretty sure there's a correct answer to "The missing number in the series 9, ____, 6561, 43046721 is..."

Yes - I've used incipio cases on my last two iphones and think they do a great job.

Evutec Karbon. It's pretty thin and awesome. They make them for iPhones as well as lesser phones.

I have a Belkin one for my 4s (#oldphone) that has served me well for 2.5 years or so. I've dropped it a number of times and never had a crack or other problem. I also have a stick on anti-glare screen protector that I like.

I guess I should go look for cases somewhere that I can actually test out or touch. I just got the Galaxy S6 and the phone is enormous already. I feel like adding a case would make it just comical. I suppose I should give it a couple weeks of having the phone and see if I reconsider because right now I'm handling it like it could crumble at any moment, but I will probably get a bit more used to it. I fell for salesman tactics when I bought my first smartphone 4+ years ago and also bought a case, screen covers and spare battery that I never used.

My wife has a very low profile case for her GS6. It doesn't really make it feel much bigger than without.

that feel when you wanna play ball after work but you had a lot of coffee during work and you aren't matthew dellavedova

Same here, other than the kind of case and phone. I'm too clumsy to trust myself without a case.

Edit: I generally buy them from Amazon for the variety of choices, though there was one that I had to send back because it wasn't at all what I expected, it basically doubled the size of my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back