• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins: My Final Take

Dan, thanks for the many years of solid work reporting on WF sports. Enjoy retirement. You have earned it with a well done job. We'd love to have you post a bit in retirement.

In some respects, we have Dan to thanks for this board. Had he not posted the piece on Gaudio, Irish and DV7 wouldn't have been banned from scout (at least not then) and started OGB.

I would like to know more about this. Why were they banned.

Also saying thanks to Dan - You've always been attentive and supportive of the Deacs, to the extent integrity permitted you, and the Wake Nation appreciates that and you very much.

Big thanks to Dan from me. After graduating and moving around the country for a few years, Oregon, then Hawaii, then Missouri, My Take on Wake was the best method to keep tabs on the Deacs from a far. It was before Bloogersodear and I didn't know about "the boards" at that time, so Dan's reporting and columns were great and really the only way I knew how to keep to informed. So, thanks Dan and enjoy your retirement.

Country Dan is a fine, fine man who will be missed by the, growing smaller by the day, press corps. Always quick with a smile and kind word, even for the tv cameramen. He knew he was blessed with a sweet gig, being the beat man for WFU, even while working for a dying newspaper. I am so happy that he made it to the retirement pasture, and not just shot in the head like so many of his brethren. Enjoy your time friend, and keep playing the tunes.

tvcigar

So to the best of my recollection, Dan Collins posted a MTOW defending Gaudio from allegations of infidelity that arose I guess on a UNC message board. The really strange thing was, the rumor has no traction and was irrelevant - Dino was already out at Wake and had been for at least several months or longer.

The blog went up, was posted on Scout. The exact sequence thereafter is a little fuzzy, but the mods at scout kept deleting threads discussing the post (Collins deleted the blog at some point during this). dv7 and Irish continued to post the substance of the blog/start new threads.

Dv7 and Irish were eventually perma-banned. Moons may have been as well or was around that same time. In any event, Irish, Dv7, and others decide to form this board to permit people to discuss Wake (more) freely. IMO, this place has been an improvement on Scout.

I welcome corrections and clarifications from others.

He's no Margaret Johnson when it comes to asking tough questions, but he was a solid writer. Enjoy retirement Dan!

So to the best of my recollection, Dan Collins posted a MTOW defending Gaudio from allegations of infidelity that arose I guess on a UNC message board. The really strange thing was, the rumor has no traction and was irrelevant - Dino was already out at Wake and had been for at least several months or longer.

The blog went up, was posted on Scout. The exact sequence thereafter is a little fuzzy, but the mods at scout kept deleting threads discussing the post (Collins deleted the blog at some point during this). dv7 and Irish continued to post the substance of the blog/start new threads.

Dv7 and Irish were eventually perma-banned. Moons may have been as well or was around that same time. In any event, Irish, Dv7, and others decide to form this board to permit people to discuss Wake (more) freely. IMO, this place has been an improvement on Scout.

Perma-banned from a forum that tolerated Keeper? Very ouch.

Big thanks to Dan from me. After graduating and moving around the country for a few years, Oregon, then Hawaii, then Missouri, My Take on Wake was the best method to keep tabs on the Deacs from a far. It was before Bloogersodear and I didn't know about "the boards" at that time, so Dan's reporting and columns were great and really the only way I knew how to keep to informed. So, thanks Dan and enjoy your retirement.

My feelings also. Never met Dan, but he feels like family to me because his articles and blog kept me up to date on Wake sports for years after I graduated and settled in places far from Deacon land.

Congrats Dan and don't be a stranger! Thanks for all your efforts and best wishes.

I believe 7 was banned for telling cagles he wouldn't walk across the street to piss on him if he were on fire

Back