• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Opinion Poll #1: Pre-Presser

Danny Manning

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
What do you think of Danny Manning?

#ManUp: Positive
#ManDown: Negative
#ManHolUp: Wait and See

Last edited:
IMO the #ManUp movement has very little to do with what I think of Danny Manning.

I can't and won't say I'm not disappointed. However, if we're going to take a shot on a coach, I'd rather take one who's been a superstar player, assistant at a Top 5 program and at least taken a team to The Dance.

It's also good that he has been coached by legends. His entire life has been in the top levels of basketball. some had to have rubbed off.

He knows what it takes. He knows what it's like to be an underdog and win.

Again, he wasn't in my Top 3, but there is absolutely no justification to start out by jumping all over him. It's ignorant and counter-productive.

Welcome to Wake Danny!!!

It is going to take a little while for the Shaka sting to wear off, but I think once the smoke clears, people will back away from the ledges and realize that this is the step we were inevitably going to have to take to dig ourselves out of this hole.

#ManUP

I can't and won't say I'm not disappointed. However, if we're going to take a shot on a coach, I'd rather take one who's been a superstar player, assistant at a Top 5 program and at least taken a team to The Dance.

It's also good that he has been coached by legends. His entire life has been in the top levels of basketball. some had to have rubbed off.

He knows what it takes. He knows what it's like to be an underdog and win.

Again, he wasn't in my Top 3, but there is absolutely no justification to start out by jumping all over him. It's ignorant and counter-productive.

Welcome to Wake Danny!!!

Someones got a manning crush

Am I disappointed in the hire? Sure, but I'm nothing but #ManUp until he gives me significant reason to be otherwise (i.e. I'm not switching to #manDown at the first sight of trouble - if it becomes a pattern, however)

I'm wait and see but will fully support him until he demonstates he can't coach.

The biggest positive is that he has been a winner and been around winners his entire playing and coaching career. Which is the exact opposite of [Redacted].

My #ManUp feelings have doubled since reading the most negative nancies on here.

It's a bad hire but that doesn't mean he'll be a bad coach.

Do posters win something for being the first and loudest to say he sucks? Some on here believe more in the fight than the cause.

A #ManWaitandSee hire should never have been made. Maybe 4 years ago. I can't imagine the recovery if this fails.

It'll be a race to see who can be #ManOut first between a veritable pantheon of haters. You can already see some of the wheels spinning.

Go Deacs. I want the hire to be official before I really dig into things, but until that point, I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Back