• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Opinion Poll #1: Pre-Presser

Danny Manning

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm Manning wait and see, and hope he does well, but in the mean time I'm so pissed off that Wellman didn't follow through on his "home run" hire, that I may just be apathetic to Wake basketball for a while.

I don't think people are understanding #ManUp. There is no #ManWait. Really there isn't even a #ManDown. You're either #ManUp, or you're not.

At this point I'm pretty much just apathetic. Whether that makes me #ManUp, #ManHolUp, or #ManDown I don't know and pretty much don't care. I just know that Wellman had a chance to hire a big name (Shaka, Howland, Marshall) that could have instantly put Wake back on the map and he fucking blew it.

Meh. If his floor is Dino it's not too bad. I guess wait and see.

But I've been drinking on g since 11 so....

You can defs be #ManUp and be disappointed with the hire, nervous about the hire, angry about the hire, doubtful about the hire, apathetic about the hire, etc. #ManUp takes on a lot of meanings.

The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
Dante Alighieri

Had to vote for the #manholup just because that's funny. I'm somewhere between #manholup and #manup. Wish we would have made this type of hire four years ago.

Apparently this is the best Wellman can do.

Like others, I'm #ManUp until shown that he can't be a successful coach. He'll have my support. First thing going for him is he's not Our Abiding Shame. As an introvert, he's not going to "win the press conference" like Clawson or Skip, but he could still sell (recruit), teach (coach), and strategize (X and O's). I also assume his staff will have complementary skills to his.

The poll should have an option entitled " Willing to give Manning a chance but really fuck you Ron"

No one should be #ManDown. It's logical for people to be upset that he's the coach we're settling on but why be #ManDown?

He's fairly new to coaching. He hasn't done anything to make people think he will fail. I have my doubts but I'm obviously not #ManDown.

Consider me #ManHopeful.

No one should be #ManDown. It's logical for people to be upset that he's the coach we're settling on but why be #ManDown?

He's fairly new to coaching. He hasn't done anything to make people think he will fail. I have my doubts but I'm obviously not #ManDown.

Consider me #ManHopeful.

Some of the donks on the main coach thread are being huge haders.

At this point I'm pretty much just apathetic. Whether that makes me #ManUp, #ManHolUp, or #ManDown I don't know and pretty much don't care. I just know that Wellman had a chance to hire a big name (Shaka, Howland, Marshall) that could have instantly put Wake back on the map and he fucking blew it.

Yeah, but we knew going into it that our chances of convincing Shaka to leave were slim, and our chances of paying Marshall enough to get him were slim. Howland was a toss up who people either love or hate. I'd lump Manning in with White, Miller, Masiello, and the other unknowns we generally threw around. He has more tremendous upside potential than the losers like Mack or Mooney. So whatever, I'll give him a chance, he can't be worse than [Redacted]. Our bigger problem at this point is Wellman, who should be shitcanned tomorrow.

Manning's biggest positive is that he is not [Redacted].

Back