• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DC Metro Rush+

They're telling you to take the wrong train to a transfer point instead of waiting for your train. So let's take a very common route, you're heading to Rosslyn from Springfield. Your blue line just got replaced by a fancy new Rush+ yellow line train. Your choice is to wait 6-10 minutes for an extra train, or just take yellow and transfer at L'Enfant Plaza. Metro is suggesting you just get on and transfer, even though that will take you 15 extra minutes on average.

The idiocy of the suggestion is that getting people onto trains they don't want to be on masks the problem they're seeing right now - that the "unnecessary trains" they removed are now packed to the gills as empty train after empty train of the new routes roll through.

As a yellow line rider, I love that I can pretty much stretch out in a row of seats every day. Sucks for everyone else though. In essence they've taken a situation where the scales are tipped 60/40 in the wrong direction and dropped a comically large one ton anvil on one side. Like building massive uncovered escalators or using train layouts that every other city on the planet of any size has long since abandoned, it's metro as usual.

i don't get why that would take more time i guess. it isnt like the train vanishes... if you take orange to lenfant instead of blue that same blue train will still be there.

i don't get why that would take more time i guess. it isnt like the train vanishes... if you take orange to lenfant instead of blue that same blue train will still be there.

Can't tell if you're messing with me...

L'Enfant side of the track towards VA looked like post-Nats Navy Yard 10 minutes ago.

I keep hearing that Foggy/ Farragut stations are a complete shitshow at evening rush hour, with all the Blue Line people waiting for trains.

last night getting to the nats game was a horrid expeience. we ended up jus deciding to walk from lenfant. ive changed my mind and am offiicialy #metroout

Yesterday I said screw it and drove because I had to leave early anyway. Sounds like some people tried to shift over to the yellow after Monday's cluster F. Good luck with that.

Will try again this afternoon on the blue line leaving from Farragut West. If I end up with a packed "hot box" car with no A/C I may just punch the first metro employee I see when I get off.

As expected this morning, the blue line train that arrived at Braddock Road was already completely packed with standing people. Yellow line trains around 20% capacity. 10 minutes till the next blue line train and not everyone that was on the platform could even get on. Must be really ugly in the Crystal City/Pentagon areas up the line for blue riders. Brutal.

As expected this morning, the blue line train that arrived at Braddock Road was already completely packed with standing people. Yellow line trains around 20% capacity. 10 minutes till the next blue line train and not everyone that was on the platform could even get on. Must be really ugly in the Crystal City/Pentagon areas up the line for blue riders. Brutal.

People will adjust. Give it a month.

Yesterday I said screw it and drove because I had to leave early anyway. Sounds like some people tried to shift over to the yellow after Monday's cluster F. Good luck with that.

Will try again this afternoon on the blue line leaving from Farragut West. If I end up with a packed "hot box" car with no A/C I may just punch the first metro employee I see when I get off.

This should be one of the perks of purchasing a SmarTrip card. You get one free metro-employee punch every month.

well the first day of the 895 construction completely locked up 95 north....this could be a long summer

but 895 looks wide open despite one lane going north....could take a little while for this to work itself out

METRO is one of the shittiest things about the shittiest city in America. What a fucking joke of a public transit system.

YES

last night getting to the nats game was a horrid expeience. we ended up jus deciding to walk from lenfant. ive changed my mind and am offiicialy #metroout

Finally phan. Finally. Welcome.

Glad i moved out of Virginia and into DC. Deciding to bike to work most days has been the most satisfying decision I have made in some time. Screw the exercise and fresh air, the most gratifying thing is not having to give Metro any of my money. Its a shame to think that this used to be such a decent transit system but now has been ruined by incompetence.

Back