• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Debate Tonight at 9 PM

I disagree with Paul's assessment of Iran mainly because of their stance on Israel. While I don't think they would use a nuclear weapon to attack us or another western country, I do fear that they might use it on Israel. That to me is a reason to stop them from getting nuclear capability.

If he does the final total will be

Obama: 51%
Romney: 38%
Paul: 11%

Landslide victory for Obamacare and clear mandate. I sure hope he doesn't run, not because I think Obama is a terrible president, but because I don't like that kind of mandate for anyone with that much power.

What makes you think he won't take any votes from Obama?

I disagree with Paul's assessment of Iran mainly because of their stance on Israel. While I don't think they would use a nuclear weapon to attack us or another western country, I do fear that they might use it on Israel. That to me is a reason to stop them from getting nuclear capability.

Israel will make sure that doesn't happen if they feel threatened. They've not hesitated to do that in the past.

Imadinnerjacket's anti-Western rhetoric just tamps down the bubbling couldron of restlessness and desire for a better future that teems within the young Iranian community. Things are changing there faster than a lot of people think, but using the U.S. as a bogeyman propagates the status quo.

Though Romney is solid. If he gets nominated Obama might as well leave the white house that day.

What makes you think he won't take any votes from Obama?

What makes me think that? Probably because I watched him last night on the Republican debate for president, and the fact that he is currently running for president as a Republican. Paul's effect on the middle will have little to no effect, because people don't like throwing away votes on a 3rd candidate. What Paul would do is drive away his acolytes from the Republican party.

On POTUS they had a commentary explain it brilliantly. Paul isn't a politician he is a cult leader. His job isn't to govern it is to change people's world view. He consistently portrays himself as the only one 'in the know' about how we should deal with our problems. He converts people into followers, he doesn't govern based on a set a principles. He certainly has principles, and some of them are admirable, but he isn't in the business of governing, he is in the business of conversion. That is why his numbers are low nationally, but are very motivated to do whatever it takes to get Paul's name out there. It seems to me that you have been converted. There is nothing wrong with that, but lets give up the charade that Paul has a legit chance at the presidency, or that if he runs he wont destroy any small chance a Republican candidate might have at beating Obama.

Only far left wing nutjobs will vote for Obama this time. Hes going to get ass raped.

Only far left wing nutjobs will vote for Obama this time. Hes going to get ass raped.

I'm one of those in the middle that voted for Obama last time. If Romney is the best you guys can muster, I'll go with Obama again. Romney's never done anything but inherit his familys money and become a flip flopper.

I'm one of those in the middle that voted for Obama last time. If Romney is the best you guys can muster, I'll go with Obama again. Romney's never done anything but inherit his familys money and become a flip flopper.

I think Romney's biggest liability is his healthcare bill. That and the fact that the far right nutjobs won't vote for a Mormon. I really think that Rick Perry has the best shot because he is clearly the anti-Obama.

You're not in the middle. Hillarious

If you vote for Obama this time, you have no brain cells left. Simple as that

How scary is it that some will actually vote for Obama this time around. We might as well wipe out that part of the gene pool.

What makes me think that? Probably because I watched him last night on the Republican debate for president, and the fact that he is currently running for president as a Republican. Paul's effect on the middle will have little to no effect, because people don't like throwing away votes on a 3rd candidate. What Paul would do is drive away his acolytes from the Republican party.

On POTUS they had a commentary explain it brilliantly. Paul isn't a politician he is a cult leader. His job isn't to govern it is to change people's world view. He consistently portrays himself as the only one 'in the know' about how we should deal with our problems. He converts people into followers, he doesn't govern based on a set a principles. He certainly has principles, and some of them are admirable, but he isn't in the business of governing, he is in the business of conversion. That is why his numbers are low nationally, but are very motivated to do whatever it takes to get Paul's name out there. It seems to me that you have been converted. There is nothing wrong with that, but lets give up the charade that Paul has a legit chance at the presidency, or that if he runs he wont destroy any small chance a Republican candidate might have at beating Obama.

I voted for Obama, but would vote for Paul if he ran as a third party. Will not vote for any of the other GOP candidates. If there is no third party and it is Obama v. Romney/whomever, I will stay at home.

I cant even imagine admitting to voting for Obama. Thats like admitting you failed at life.

I'm hoping Obama wins in 2012...that way he'll clear the path for a Rubio victory in 2016.

Back