• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Demon Deacon Podcast

Would you be interesting in listening to a Wake Forest Sports Podcast?

• Total voters

DeaconPod

Reaction score
Good afternoon Deacon fans - I hope everyone's Sunday is going well.

I wanted to gauge the general Wake Forest fan's interest in the possibility of starting up a podcast dedicated to Wake Forest Sports. From what I know, one does not exist at this time. I have followed WFU sports religiously for my entire life and am looking to pick up a hobby that I'll enjoy greatly and hopefully help other deacon fans stay up-to-date on the goings-on of each program. I am a recent college graduate and am looking to invest some of the extra time I have in something I care about.

Some details on what I was thinking for the podcast:
-Sports covered would be football, basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, etc. (others would probably be by request as the ones stated are the ones I follow closely)
-Topics from these sports would be recruiting, games, any news from practices, twitter happenings, etc.
-Hopefully I would have the opportunity to have guests on that write about WFU sports already, possibly ex-players still in the area, coaches, current players.

Generally, I'm looking to actually put some of my obsessive Wake Forest Sports knowledge to good use and anyone that doesn't have time to read articles, get on message boards, or watch videos could take some time to listen to the podcast in the car a couple times a week (I'm thinking a bi-weekly podcast, with possibly one a week during slow sports periods). I'm interested to see what everyone here thinks and if they would be interested. It's been an incredible sports year for wake forest and I'm looking forward to sustained success!

P.S. Also taking name requests (this should be interesting).

I think one of the guys does Facebook Lives after some games. If they have a podcast I am unaware of it.

Just curious...if you're a lifetime fan and recent grad, why are you new to the boards? Why haven't you been active before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Students don't typically post here.

I have another username but don't feel like associating it with the current one I have. Mainly for name association purposes because I assume my name would be found out from the podcast. Same reason I don't post on the politics board - just use the other for anonymous sports stuff. Been a user for 4 years (give or take).

Lol. Well that ended quickly.

I deleted your name if you want to delete your posts. I can't take back the huge laugh I got though.

Uh......

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I deleted your name if you want to delete your posts. I can't take back the huge laugh I got though.

Lol I appreciate the gesture but it'll honestly probably happen again in the future and the near future at that. So I'll post from the other account now - it doesn't actually bother me that much just figured it'd be easier on myself.

Anyway, so yeah - express interest if you think you'd enjoy listening to a podcast on the way to work, at work, etc. Flipping back and forth between usernames is too much of a hassle.

EDIT: if you don't like me here, I'll be more than happy to have you on the podcast to argue with me

Last edited:
Anyway, so yeah - express interest if you think you'd enjoy listening to a podcast on the way to work, at work, etc. Flipping back and forth between usernames is too much of a hassle.

EDIT: if you don't like me here, I'll be more than happy to have you on the podcast to argue with me

I think everyone will say it's a great idea and many folks will nominate me as your first guest interview.

If you are going to do this, please invest in some reasonable quality equipment to record and to otherwise manage the audio. Thanks.

Yeah that would be the plan since hopefully it'd last a long time.

Brasky needs to be on it for sure. Especially if he gets drunk before recording.

I would be interested in the recruiting and coaching changes podcasts.

Eh. I would get confusing for you to just say "tweet 845546282945 but tweet 862458929277."

CharlotteDeac1, are you ready to lose to the RJKarl podcast w us? Care to discuss

Back