• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Demon Deacon Podcast

Would you be interesting in listening to a Wake Forest Sports Podcast?

• Total voters
RSF and I are still ready to be guests on a Wake Forest sports podcast.

I have radio and improv experience. References available upon request.

Yes, get RJ and Ph on this thing.

I'm down to listen and or contribute and be a guest

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

This is genuinely what I expected and as long as your entertaining, screw it I'll take it. We can have a "hottest of takes" segment with some of the guys on here. First podcast title will definitely be "is Danny Manning Credible?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got on twitter and saw a BSD guy gauging interest for a podcast a few hours after posting this thread. I'm pretty serious about doing one so contact me on here if you'd want to make it a team effort.

This is genuinely what I expected and as long as your entertaining, screw it I'll take it. We can have a "hottest of takes" segment with some of the guys on here. First podcast title will definitely be "is Danny Manning Credible?"

Probably just joking, but that would be a terrible topic to start with if you want traction with the larger fanbase.

Probably just joking, but that would be a terrible topic to start with if you want traction with the larger fanbase.

Yeah I was joking. Probably my least favorite thread on OGBoards in my time here

For a real answer, I'd probably listen occasionally during football and basketball seasons, but outside of those seasons not unless there was some big news

Yeah, I'd listen pretty regularly from like late August through March. Wouldn't listen at all in the summer, unless we got like a 5-star bball recruit or something.

The key is to be consistent with how frequent the podcasts are going to be. We did about 50 episodes or so at BSD and will still do one on occasion, but we never got consistent about it and that hurt our listening numbers.

From what I can tell, 30 minute episodes appear to be the best length for people (as far as the download numbers), as it tends to ramble after that length, especially if we aren't "in season".

I think there is a pretty good market for recruiting information over the summer, and that's something that we are looking at picking back up soon as well.

Yeah, I'd listen pretty regularly from like late August through March. Wouldn't listen at all in the summer, unless we got like a 5-star bball recruit or something.

Would you (and this is a general question for everyone as well) care about just hearing football/basketball or also like to have the other sports (soccer, tennis, baseball) included as well?

People say they want to hear about the other stuff, but the numbers don't back that up.

If you want people to tune in, it pretty much exclusively has to be about football and basketball, and occasionally baseball (we have had good numbers on our baseball stuff this year overall).

People only care about minor sports if they were personally involved in those sports or if Wake is very deep in NCAA tournaments.

Would you (and this is a general question for everyone as well) care about just hearing football/basketball or also like to have the other sports (soccer, tennis, baseball) included as well?

I'd only listen to podcasts about basketball and football. Don't care about other sports. And I feel I would rather read recruiting news. A couple dudes reading scouting reports about high school kids on a podcast sounds like it would get dry pretty quickly. But that's just me.

I would either call it Podcast So Dear or Roll the Quadcast.

I'd only listen to podcasts about basketball and football. Don't care about other sports. And I feel I would rather read recruiting news. A couple dudes reading scouting reports about high school kids on a podcast sounds like it would get dry pretty quickly. But that's just me.

While a few might be interested in the smaller sports, Ayo is correct. The few people you'd get to listen to a program about the smaller sports will be more than offset by the people you lose who aren't interested. This won't show up in downloads or listening numbers until later on.

You can throw a 45-90 second segment into a 20-30 podcast about something special about minor sports but not anything like full coverage.

The sense I get about non-revenue sports is that a small number of people care a lot while for revenue sports a lot more people care, just in varying degrees.

As Doofus said, people are always like "write more tennis articles and cover more tennis" and even when Wake wins the ACCT or is the overall number one seed, those articles literally get 10 to 20x fewer clicks than "88th ranked basketball recruit unveils his top 10 choices" which basically just links to another site.

Back