• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino defended himself & his players?

Pat Forde was the one who was blogging I believe from the 2010 ACC tourney. He wrote a scathing piece about Dino's lack of coaching.

It could've just been Dino getting canned and after a while it would have faded away. Then you have a horrible coach saying on camera about changing the culture and ripping on the previous two coaches. Just another horrible move in the Bzz tenure. How stupid can you be? You're stupid enough to hire a horrible coach, but you give him free reign to rip on the former successful coaches? What a nightmare. FU Wellman and GTFO Bzzzzsuck.

It could've just been Dino getting canned and after a while it would have faded away. Then you have a horrible coach saying on camera about changing the culture and ripping on the previous two coaches. Just another horrible move in the Bzz tenure. How stupid can you be? You're stupid enough to hire a horrible coach, but you give him free reign to rip on the former successful coaches? What a nightmare. FU Wellman and GTFO Bzzzzsuck.

Well said.

Late to the thread, but had to post something I just saw on the Fire [Redacted] Facebook page. This is from someone who wants Buzz fired and demonstrates just how effective Wellman's little game of innuendo has been at trashing a good guy.

udunabu8.jpg

anupy3u5.jpg

1. People, largely, are idiots.
2. (Related to #1): People believe what they want to believe.

The whole "Battle is a great recruiter" thing is funny. Before Skip passed, he was the great recruiter. When he passed, Dino was the great recruiter. When Dino was fired, we were told not to worry because Battle was the great recruiter.

If we paid Ms. Hurt $2 million to keep an actual rape quiet that was rumored on the boards anyway, it was a waste of money and RON WELLMAN COVERED UP A RAPE.

How does that defend Wellman?

The whole "Battle is a great recruiter" thing is funny. Before Skip passed, he was the great recruiter. When he passed, Dino was the great recruiter. When Dino was fired, we were told not to worry because Battle was the great recruiter.

If we paid Ms. Hurt $2 million to keep an actual rape quiet that was REPORTED ON THE DAMN TODAY SHOW anyway, it was a waste of money and RON WELLMAN COVERED UP A RAPE.

How does that defend Wellman?

Fixed.

Hush money.... she went on national television.

Hush money.... she reported the incident to the Miami PD and they said there were no reasons for filing charges.

Morons just absolutely annoy me.

Those screen captures remind me of this video:

People are unbelievably stupid. Even stupider is the fact that they put their names behind their stupidity.

I can't believe that people, under their own names, would publicly and falsely accuse two players of rape and current and former University employees of covering it up while naming all parties and institutions involved.

It pains me to see Wake fans do things I would love to make fun of State and UNC fans for doing.

I am 100% certain that Dino was putting his name out there for a coaching job last Spring.

I'd imagine he will do the same again this Spring, but I do not know that for certain.

Just read the Shaka thread...

So this is for that loveable cunt, Milhouse, Dino himself told me that he would be looking to get back into coaching last year, but I don't have a continuing friendship with him, so I have little idea what Dino will try to do this time around.

Just read the Shaka thread...

So this is for that loveable cunt, Milhouse, Dino himself told me that he would be looking to get back into coaching last year, but I don't have a continuing friendship with him, so I have little idea what Dino will try to do this time around.

Dino himself, or Dino's lawyer who e-mailed you and made you take down a bunch of rumors and speculation from old threads?

the truth is we did not look like we were very well coached toward the end of any of DFino's seasons as head coach, we didn't need Larry Brown to see that

Yes. If your goal as a university is to win a national championship, that game made it clear that Dino was not going to be able to get the job done. I have no problem with Wake's terminating him, as winning the national championship always ought to be our goal.

If your goal as a university is to institutionalize mediocrity at best, then Wellman's next move was successful - if your goal is anything else, Wellman's next move was an unmitigated disaster of Titanic proportions.

Even if all of the "culture" innuendo about Dino is true, there is still no explanation-plausible, logical, or otherwise-for why Wellman hired Jeff [Redacted]. None. Dino could have been outsourcing basketball "duties" to the freaking mob and yet, hiring Jeff [Redacted] would have made no sense at all.

Dino had some obvious weaknesses as a basketball coach. For many reasons, he did not look like the long-term solution for Wake. Wellman probably would have made a safer decision by giving him a chance with his first big recruiting class. If he failed, firing him would have looked more reasonable. Many did not mind letting him go when we did, but the [Redacted] hire ruined that perspective.

Wellman. He had better make a home run hire.

Last edited:
My thoughts ,no facts. Dion got canned because we were horrible in the post season, and had been for years. 2nd Teague looked like he could care less about playing for Wake the last few games, his demeanor looked poor. Rumor or truth J.J had quit on school, and JJ was so gifted at times he looked to be coasting. I also think Wellman thought he had a big name coach on the hook, then panicked and hired Buzz. I think he felt like Buzz's NBA time might make him seem like a bigger name. Then when it became obvious that we were in trouble, out came the negative spin about culture. Which as a parent would be the last thing I would want to hear about. Let's see they have issues at Wake nd fired one guy, did not clean house.. makes no sense, gave every school ammunition against Wake with parents,and the product on the court during end of Dino/ start of BUzz was ammo with high school players. Time for a fresh start nd stop talking about the past, let it die, build for future.

I think the JJ didn't go to class story has been refuted on here in the past week or so by someone who had class with him.

Back