• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino defended himself & his players?

My thoughts ,no facts. Dion got canned because we were horrible in the post season, and had been for years. 2nd Teague looked like he could care less about playing for Wake the last few games, his demeanor looked poor. Rumor or truth J.J had quit on school, and JJ was so gifted at times he looked to be coasting. I also think Wellman thought he had a big name coach on the hook, then panicked and hired Buzz. I think he felt like Buzz's NBA time might make him seem like a bigger name. Then when it became obvious that we were in trouble, out came the negative spin about culture. Which as a parent would be the last thing I would want to hear about. Let's see they have issues at Wake nd fired one guy, did not clean house.. makes no sense, gave every school ammunition against Wake with parents,and the product on the court during end of Dino/ start of BUzz was ammo with high school players. Time for a fresh start nd stop talking about the past, let it die, build for future.

tl;dr

Rumors are rumors. Even if there are no facts, they might be true. Let the past die, but build for future on foundation of untrue rumors.

Got it.

Even if all of the "culture" innuendo about Dino is true

But it's not. At all.

Just because there are no consequences (at the moment) for spreading lies doesn't mean that what you're spreading isn't false.

But it's not. At all.

Just because there are no consequences (at the moment) for spreading lies doesn't mean that what you're spreading isn't false.

Agree. My point is that even assuming the made-up BS is true, Bz still makes no sense.

Wellman needs to go for many reasons, the innuendo being one of them.

Last edited:
That may be true of some, but there are plenty of people that had their own interactions with the basketball program and formed their own opinions from direct interactions. I have no idea if Wellman has devised some systematic scheme to defame Dino, but what has happened seems to be blown out of proportion on this board. It helps to fuel the black and white story line that some feel the need to drive and others are just willing to accept in their frustration of the current situation.
If anyone makes a negative comment about the program pre-Bz, it is because Wellman fed that to them. Even Dino's buddy Deman, in the midst of his freakout, admitted there were lots of people within the department that were going to wake up the next morning thrilled with the decision. The fact is, there were people that were not please with the basketball program at the time of Dino's departure. Their speaking out (whispering) after the fact does not mean it was fueled or ordered by Wellman. There are a lot of people in the AD that may have their own personal agendas. To be clear, I am not saying Wellman has zero responsibility for the narrative, I just don't know, and neither do most here.
It just seems to simple-minded for those that think any negative comment pre-Bz comes directly from Wellman. Anyone that says almost anything positive is a shill or Wellman lackey. Our athletic department, sports programs and the people that make them up have their good and bad, just like always. It is not all one or the other. The difference recently has just been the balance has changed a bit. SOME don't seem capable of that nuance, but that is a separate issue.

OEFOIFvet, you neg repped me for this post. Do you have a specific counter point you would like to present? I made a few points, which did you feel the need to neg rep?

I can't do a proper seach on this phone. Wasn't there a multi-part DanCollins interview with Wellman where the culture narrative was discussed? If someone could post those links it would be appreciated.

Back