• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino: WFU source sez atmosphere in AD is "toxic"

http://cdn.stationcaster.com/stations/wzgv/media/mp3/Dino_Gaudio-1426105534.mp3

4:40-6:20

Bobby Rosinski ‏@BobbyRosinski 2h2 hours ago
Gaudio told us someone inside Wake used the word "toxic" to describe the atmosphere inside the Wake athletic department to him

Also Gaudio again touched on Manning's "monumental challenge of changing the culture of Wake Forest from losing, losing and more losing."

Apologies if already posted, but yeah, this deserves its own thread.

I listened to the audio. According to Gaudio this was not "someone" but a "high-ranking official" at Wake Forest. Very interesting.

I listened to the audio. According to Gaudio this was not "someone" but a "high-ranking official" at Wake Forest. Very interesting.

Not nearly as interesting as the riveting discussion going on in the new and improved Official Soccer Thread

Completed warranted, and acceptable. It was neither nasty or personal in tone.

TBF they also talk to him about the ACCT and Boeheim. All this was prompted by a question about DM's first year

Did Dino really need a senior level contact for this insight?

Football: Tied for last in the conference
Basketball: 12th in conference/last in conference tourney

I wouldn't read too much into this. We knew the culture needed to change 4 years ago.. (FYI - technically we boast a better athletic program than Syracuse! Football: tied for last; BBall: DQ haha)

Not toxic in that we suck but toxic in that everybody in the dept is miserable because they all have to report to a total fucking incompetent asshole.

Wellman will retire in the very near future.

Dino couldn't win when it mattered with Teague, Johnson, Aminu and Smith.

They both are toxic.

But Wellman's handling of Grobe the last 5 years and his hiring of Bz was criminal.

I can't tell if he said the "atmosphere in the athletic program" or the "atmosphere and the athletic program" is toxic.

Losing to cleveland state with 3 legit NBA players was pretty toxic too. Having said that, I do long for the days of bitching about coaches not making use of a talented roster as opposed to watching Danny coach with one arm tied behind his back.

Wellman should retire. Dino completely wasted one of the most talented Wake Forest teams to wear the uniform. Screw that guy.

Last edited:
Wellman should retire. Dino completely wasted one of the most talented Wake Forest teams to wear the uniform. Screw that guy.

That's fine and I agree Wellman needs to go. But, remember. The enemy of your enemy can be your friend. I think Dino is attempting to pass us all a note. And that is to confirm that this administration has zero intention of fielding competitive teams.

Back