• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

Thought the speech was fine. Nothing special. Predictions on convention poll bump? I think 5 or 6 points. Slightly better than RNC bump.

The two worst major speakers at the DNC were the two on the ticket.

Presidents Clinton and Obama did a very good job at turd polishing, but anyone politically astute know who Hillary is and knows her strengths and weaknesses.

There were multiple times during the convention that I thought I was watching a RNC. The appeals to American exceptionalism, etc.

C grade for her.

Very strange election. It's about to get weirder. Game on.

It's funny because I watched Trump's speech last week and wondered if I was listening to a RNC or DNC speech, other than the law and order part. His criticisms of Hillary mostly sounded like they were coming from Sanders, and I never heard him say the word conservative. Safe to say Trump was trying to appeal to disaffected Bernie Bros, and the Dems were trying to appeal to the never Trump Pub crowd.

this shit is rigged like the WWE

Remember this pic from the Morgan Freeman narrated video?
obama_situation_ro_1885495c.jpg

The head of the CIA admitted yesterday that there was no live video footage of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound
A photograph released by the White House appeared to show President Barack Obama and his aides in the situation room watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little knowledge of what was happening in the compound.

In an interview with PBS, Mr Panetta said: "Once those teams went into the compound I can tell you that there was a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes where we really didn't know just exactly what was going on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=shXfBjY_etU

Speaking of Jill Stein she's been in the press a lot up here locally since she showed up to the DNC with a Fox News crew and then gave this "interview" with local WHBH reporter Adam Reilly. Reilly has been on the radio up here a decent amount and said that Stein was letting the Fox News reporter, who is in the scene above answering half of a question for her, answer several questions for her as they walked through the Wells Fargo center.

Major criticism of Stein for this admittedly bizarre exchange has been about her rallying against neoliberalism and the corporate media as the Green candidate while showing up with Fox News. Makes for strange bedfellows to say the least.

Last edited:
"Someone posted something mean about the Clintons. That justifies me being an asshole to them."

I don't love the Clintons. I do love that you are posting a bunch of inconsequential shit that only Hannity would think is important. I'm waiting for you to link to Hillary playing golf.

I don't love the Clintons. I do love that you are posting a bunch of inconsequential shit that only Hannity would think is important. I'm waiting for you to link to Hillary playing golf.

Rvxk7Z.png

It's an internet forum. 90% of what's posted is inconsequential. But it's only the anti-Hillary posts that send you and others into a tizzy. If I was posting anti-Trump shit and part of the Trump hating circlejerk you wouldn't bat an eye.

Rvxk7Z.png

It's an internet forum. 90% of what's posted is inconsequential. But it's only the anti-Hillary posts that send you and others into a tizzy. If I was posting anti-Trump shit and part of the Trump hating circlejerk you wouldn't bat an eye.

Ok, have a fun time. I'm going to work.

Chelsea's not going into the family bidness. OTOH, Ivanka gave the best speech at the GOP convention.

Like Trump and Bubba, HRC went on too long. Not a great speaker, but should have pared it down considerably. Easily could have just concentrated on Dems' multicultural coalition, but played to suburban voters in swing states that will doom Trump. "America is great because America is good" was a great line. Dem convention owned American exceptionalism and meritocracy. GOP should be livid that Trump ceded their usual trump card. Dems put on the best GOP convention since 1984.

Hillary will make the election and debate(s) closer than they should be. Needs to keep her temper in check and avoid getting baited. Crack Trump every time he inevitably fucks up again, but bury him with breadth of understanding and knowledge on the issues. HRC and Kaine don't need to be attack dogs, leave that to Warren, Cuban, Granholm, Bloomberg, and Booker. Let Uncle Joe, Obama, and Bubba work swing states. Less Hillary is better.

Rvxk7Z.png

This is very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look no further than last week in the RNC thread. There is quite the dish-it-out/can-take-it disconnect on the left lane of the Tunnels.

Solid speech; as noted before I have the luxury in NJ not having to vote Dem which I haven't done since '72.
I would NEVER vote for Trump, never, under any curcumstance. But if needed I would hold my nose and vote for HRC.
Whatever you believe or think about her, HRC is infinitely more qualified and experienced than the Dumpster.

Long way to go but I'm still saying the election will be a run away. EV - 320 EV + Pop- 55% - 43%

A 12 point PV margin would translate to 390+ EVs. Barring unforeseen circumstances, should be a 4-5 PV margin with 330-340 EVs.

well, we need to have a circle jerk to keep up with the virtuoso performance of solo-fapping of BSF

Thought the speech was fine. Nothing special. Predictions on convention poll bump? I think 5 or 6 points. Slightly better than RNC bump.

She exceeded my expectations. I thought she was big enough last night. Her being introduced was a historic moment that the DNC actually did well. Credit when due.

Back