• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

Interesting that you think so. I would think they both are intrusive and equally silly. The soda ban did not cause any boycotts, so there is that.

You think it is silly for there to be laws about bathroom access for private businesses?

So how much credit does DWS deserve for what turned out to be an outstanding convention?

I guess she deserves a lot of credit.

Perhaps the RNC can go through the DNC emails and get some tips.

No doubt the production was much better for the Dems. Not sure that helps as much this year. Trump came across fairly normal and Hillary has very low charisma. Overall, I think the conventions will be a net positive for Trump over Hillary. Not a lot, however.
Hillary will likely edge back in the lead but I doubt Hillary ever gets much breathing room because she is so imminently unlikable and there is no way to mask that.
Likely a close election that favors Hillary, but a Brexit like result is not unfathomable

The balloons were the main thing for me. Republicans just don't know how to do balloons.

So how much credit does DWS deserve for what turned out to be an outstanding convention?

Definitely some, but I'd imagine Marcia Fudge was the primary architect as the chair of the convention.

You believe that behavior on a message board and behavior in a public sphere should be governed by the same rules of decorum?

I would think if it were important to people then it would be important to people. I have this crazy notion that people should attempt to be consistent in their life. So pretty much yes. I would love for this board to behave pretty much in the same manner as they would expect the people we either support or ridicule to behave. #notcrazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think if it were important to people then it would be important to people. I have this crazy notion that people should attempt to be consistent in their life. So pretty much yes. I would love for this board to behave pretty much in the same manner as they would expect the people we either support or ridicule to behave. #notcrazy

C'mon, dude. Like I would associate with soccer fans in real life.

what are you? a cop?

To each their own. I say shit here that I would almost never say in person, you know, because its a fucking message board. I absolutely would have more decorum in a public space than I would on this board.

But then again, I would never go to a Donald Trump rally to protest, either.

To each their own. I say shit here that I would almost never say in person, you know, because its a fucking message board. I absolutely would have more decorum in a public space than I would on this board.

I would argue a lot more people speak what's really on their mind on here than they would in RL. I think most people here say what they really think without fear of being ostracized in their real life.

Agreed, but a big reason people wouldn't say the shit they do in public, is because they would get slapped and have nothing left to do but to call the police they are so afraid of.

Agreed, but a big reason people wouldn't say the shit they do in public, is because they would get slapped and have nothing left to do but to call the police they are so afraid of.

Eh, how much of your life deals with people saying horrible shit to your face? I'm significantly bigger than the average guy, but I hardly ever spend time in ugly confrontations, and haven't since I was like 29 or so.

Even if somebody said something really fucked up, it would take a lot for me to hit somebody. I have too much to lose professionally to get in a fistfight and end up arrested.

Eh, how much of your life deals with people saying horrible shit to your face? I'm significantly bigger than the average guy, but I hardly ever spend time in ugly confrontations, and haven't since I was like 29 or so.

Even if somebody said something really fucked up, it would take a lot for me to hit somebody. I have too much to lose professionally to get in a fistfight and end up arrested.

Sig, I totally agree. I was just busting balls. We all have to go home to our families and careers.

Even if somebody said something really fucked up, it would take a lot for me to hit somebody. I have too much to lose professionally to get in a fistfight and end up getting my ass kicked by a sixth grader.

What I read.

Back