• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think Romney has a shot at winning the election?

Does he have a shot?

• Yes

Votes: 37 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 62.2%

• Total voters
You should have a poll on how many people think the Earth is flat, the moon is made of cheese, or believe in the tooth fairy......and see what kind of correlation of "yes" votes you get with this poll.

While the GOP may end up destroying itself by toeing the tea party line, the condescension of the Dems is going to give them problems within the next 10-15 years.

While the GOP may end up destroying itself by toeing the tea party line, the condescension of the Dems is going to give them problems within the next 10-15 years.

I agree with this. While I think Obama wins this time around, even without knowing who the candidates will be, I fully expect the election 4 years from now to be a GOP landslide, partly because I think the Dems are a little too full of themselves right now and it rubs a lot of people the wrong way. With the insane direction the GOP is taking by continuing to pander to the tea party, the Dems don't have to do this. They could easily lock up the independents if they'd just try and become a little more moderate and not so condescending. I hope they try this over the next 4 years, but I fear it's only going to get worse. 4 years from now could be even more contentious between the parties than it is this year.

the condescension is due to the absolute shit that is the republican party. they are anti-intellectual, anti-woman, anti-gay, etc. etc. perhaps if they'd embrace the logical part of the right theyw ouldnt be scoffed at as the morons they do embrace.

but the GOP's disdain for people making less than $150,000/year, Hispanics, blacks, women, gays and immigrants won't hurt them....

You should have a poll on how many people think the Earth is flat, the moon is made of cheese, or believe in the tooth fairy......and see what kind of correlation of "yes" votes you get with this poll.

the condescension is due to the absolute shit that is the republican party. they are anti-intellectual, anti-woman, anti-gay, etc. etc. perhaps if they'd embrace the logical part of the right theyw ouldnt be scoffed at as the morons they do embrace.

Just because you don't vote a straight Democratic ticket doesn't make you an idiot.

Ainsley: [to her Republican friends about the Democratic White House staff] Say they are smug and superior. Say their approach to public policy makes you want to tear your hair out. Say they like high taxes and spending your money. Say they want to take your guns and open your borders but don't call them worthless. At least don't do it in front of me. The people I have met have been extraordinarily qualified. Their intent is good. Their commitment is true. They are righteous, and they are patriots. And I'm their lawyer.

Just because you don't vote a straight Democratic ticket doesn't make you an idiot.

Ainsley: [to her Republican friends about the Democratic White House staff] Say they are smug and superior. Say their approach to public policy makes you want to tear your hair out. Say they like high taxes and spending your money. Say they want to take your guns and open your borders but don't call them worthless. At least don't do it in front of me. The people I have met have been extraordinarily qualified. Their intent is good. Their commitment is true. They are righteous, and they are patriots. And I'm their lawyer.

please put where i said not voting straight dem makes you an idiot? you can't because i didn't. i said the republican party is shitting itself by embracing the morons on the right instead of the intellect on the right. it is the party of the LCD, and i'll treat it as such until it isn't. continued attempts to appeal to the lcd through birtherism, bigotry, "socialiasm," etc. undermines any effort to have legitimate dialogue. THAT is what leads to condescension.

please put where i said not voting straight dem makes you an idiot? you can't because i didn't. i said the republican party is shitting itself by embracing the morons on the right instead of the intellect on the right. it is the party of the LCD, and i'll treat it as such until it isn't. continued attempts to appeal to the lcd through birtherism, bigotry, "socialiasm," etc. undermines any effort to have legitimate dialogue. THAT is what leads to condescension.

I was talking about bkf's post. I said that the GOP is destroying itself by toeing the Tea Party line. I think that a landslide loss in this election is the best thing that could happen for the GOP in the long term.

I was talking about bkf's post. I said that the GOP is destroying itself by toeing the Tea Party line. I think that a landslide loss in this election is the best thing that could happen for the GOP in the long term.

ok... i agree. and in that vein, i think it is the best thing to move our country forward. we can have legitimate debate between liberals and conservatives, and dems and repubs, but you can't have it with tea party nuts. their value system is out of whack with the rest of the world.

They're coming....

moth-to-solar-flame.jpg

This tea party secretary in my office just said to someone else "All of those people down in Charlottesville are going to vote for Obama because they are brainwashed by all of that college stuff." Ugh.

This tea party secretary in my office just said to someone else "All of those people down in Charlottesville are going to vote for Obama because they are brainwashed by all of that college stuff." Ugh.

My mom, who has a graduate degree, actually thinks like this too.

I do enjoy looking at election maps, and seeing the dot of blue that is Charlottesville.

Charlottesville has a larger minority population and professors associated with UVA. They also have a lot of college students that come from other places and register to vote in VA because it's a swing state.

I really really can't stand that practice, when absentee ballots are available.

Shit man, my wife works with a dude who is very high up in one of the world's most famous corporations in a political relations position who legit thinks Obama is a Muslim who was installed as President as a result of a 30-year secret conspiracy between Arabs and the Chicago African-American community. I mean, 100% believes this to be true and that the "mainstream media" is covering it up. I've pieced this together through months and months of reading his furious anti-Obama Facebook posts. Dude probably pulls down $250,000 a year.

I do enjoy looking at election maps, and seeing the dot of blue that is Charlottesville.

Charlottesville has a larger minority population and professors associated with UVA. They also have a lot of college students that come from other places and register to vote in VA because it's a swing state.

I really really can't stand that practice, when absentee ballots are available.

They do live in Charlottesville. Many of them may never live at home again.

agreed. they are more subject to the legislation passed locally in charlottesville than they are in their home state.

I voted in NC in 2004 because I was at Wake and wanted my vote to count more.

They do live in Charlottesville. Many of them may never live at home again.

agreed. they are more subject to the legislation passed locally in charlottesville than they are in their home state.

And if that's why they were doing it, then it would be great. But, I'm not seeing a whole lot of voter registration drives for students in non-national election years.

Back