• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Don't blame the messenger! - Marc with a C saying Buzz is Back!

I was at wake during the years that the Turner 's were there....let me just say that hiring him would be a huge mistake in my eyes. Dude was a huge douche.

I only know him from quite a few pickup games but I can agree with this. Obviously, that environment may not necessarily the best indicator of personality, though.

If Turner brought the 7'6" dude Ndiaye with him, I would be a little more excited about him.

Unfortunately, Turner or Dr. Reed just seem like the most Welmanesque choices. You can easily imagine the press release and talking points that would accompany them. Going out of your way to keep Rusty or Childress seems ridiculous at this point but I wouldn't put it past Ron.

Going out of your way to keep Rusty or Childress seems ridiculous at this point but I wouldn't put it past Ron.

This is why you don't over promote someone just bc he is a cherished alum. When you inevitably have to fire him it gets ugly.

How I'll feel if Buzz comes back

ef0109b505b94a349083a04c9cda4ea0.gif

Turner wouldn't make anyone happy but he's still infinitely more qualified than LaRue or Kelsey.

I don't want to start any other rumors to fuel this frenzy, but I was told Wellman was up in Washington to see Mike Lonergan. A Gary Williams trainee. Not my choice, but he might liven up the sidelines - well ok that is not saying much!

I don't want to start any other rumors to fuel this frenzy, but I was told Wellman was up in Washington to see Mike Lonergan. A Gary Williams trainee. Not my choice, but he might liven up the sidelines - well ok that is not saying much!

fuel it! i got a call from someone claiming to be a runner for wellman. i threw my hat in the ring.

Yes! That is my predicted hire and I'd be a'ight with it I think.

The leak campaign is working. If you leak Russell Turner and hire Mike Lonegran it looks even better.

I'd be happy with Lonegran. Dude is still young and has a ton of coaching experience under his belt.

What would that even mean though? Seeing Lonergan? He couldn't go to a game, that would be too obvious. And he couldn't talk to him either, that would be a cultureless move on both sides.

Back