• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Firing 100 People Today

Saw where they let Roger Cossack go. They should have just had him and Lester Munson fight to the death.

TIL midwestern rubes don't realize that they are rubes

Never got the hate for Mark May, but then again, I never watch non-live sports ESPN on anything but mute.

Me neither. He was a very articulate commentator who gave a strong assessment of what he believed about things. I didn't always agree with him (tm) but I always had respect for his takes. How was he different from so many other sports personalities?

Saw where they let Roger Cossack go. They should have just had him and Lester Munson fight to the death.

This would have been good for ratings. Or at least let them go on Around the Horn and plead for their jobs and have Stat Boy choose who gets to stay.

IIRC, before the game at F$U in 2006, May said "Wake Forest won't be able to score enough to keep up with f$u. They may not be able to score at all."

He MAY have been mistaken

107566-fight-club-oh-I-get-it-its-ver-ONKW.gif

Seems like there's been a major reporting casualty in all of the big sports

Chad Ford gone

eta: after this year's draft I should say

Last edited:
Me neither. He was a very articulate commentator who gave a strong assessment of what he believed about things. I didn't always agree with him (tm) but I always had respect for his takes. How was he different from so many other sports personalities?

Mark May's anti-Ohio State schtick was pretty douchey. Full disclosure, I'm an Ohio State fan. But analysts shouldn't be signaling out one specific team like he did

Well no shit they have to fire everyone. Now I go to ESPN.com and there aren't even "headlines" on the first page. I gotta scroll down.

Marc Stein fired. Whoa.

Chad Ford gone

eta: after this year's draft I should say

Why pay someone what they pay these people to talk sports when you can get someone to do it for free? Was a retarded business model. You don't think numbers would do roughly the same job of either of these guys for free just so people will listen to his sports takes? And they probably each make half a mil.

Well no shit they have to fire everyone. Now I go to ESPN.com and there aren't even "headlines" on the first page. I gotta scroll down.

There site is the worst. Even the articles force you to scroll down 3 or 4 times as the page load keeps shifting you to the top.. Awful site...

Back