• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Firing 100 People Today

it is really shocking? what do they do good anymore, other than the live sports? it's like the are tanking on purpose.

People still use ESPN.com? Is it still powered by the Go network?

Hoge and Jaws will be missed.

Maybe ESPN will get the #1 pick and land that kid from that This is Sportscenter commercial.

Last edited:

Maybe ESPN will get the #1 pick and land that kid from that This is Sportscenter commercial.

I'll give you Jaws but not Hoge, who is 1 of my least favorite ESPN folks.

Sure if you're a fan of ridiculous tie knots and hearing about the Eagles

I would have figured the firings to be over at this point. How would you have liked to have been Jaws or Hoge and figured that you had survived the chopping block only to hear that they weren't done yet?

I know ESPN has to do what is needed to survive, but they really screwed up when they overpaid for all those properties. They are unwatchable and unreadable at this point.

Regarding sports reporters? I wore ties for decades and never thought about it.

kinda hard not to notice, rj

A-P1N-7CAAIIbTH.jpg

I always thought there was universal consensus that Jaworski is the worst.

I always thought there was universal consensus that Jaworski is the worst.

I always chuckled when he would say "I watched every single throw he made in 2015" like that didn't take him 10 minutes to watch (and some poor production assistant 20 hours to put together).

I actually kinda liked the NFL matchup show they did. Now it's going to just be SalPal making bad jokes.

So will they bring back any of these guys at greatly reduced salaries (like NFL teams do sometimes) or do they hit the want ads, and hire a few people fresh out of journalism school for minimum wage?

So will they bring back any of these guys at greatly reduced salaries (like NFL teams do sometimes) or do they hit the want ads, and hire a few people fresh out of journalism school for minimum wage?

They could have saved some money by not paying for Craig James' legal bills for those 5 hookers he killed at SMU.

Back