• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN writer Eammon Brennan blogs about Wake censorship (post 31)

This article should be sent to the email address for comment on by Stan/Chill.

I just hate the fact that no one can seem to separate the firing of Dino and the hiring of Bzzzz as two distinct events. It's as if people are always inferring that Dino was fired so that he could be replaced with Bzzz, which may have been the case with Wellman. However, I try to think of the two events as exclusive of each other. I was all for getting rid of Dino because I felt like he was completely lost during the games. Of course I would never have fired Dino if my only option was to replace him with this dipshit.

Agreed. There was no love here for Dino, let's be honest. We just royally screwed up the hire post-Dino so the two get mixed.

Total hack of a writer, and he got the day wrong. But, in the internet world, at least it's out there. It's something.

Count me in the camp that thinks we should have never fired Dino. You have to let a man fail before you fire him. Point is, Dino did not fail at Wake Forest. He was immensely successful. We signed him to a new contract and then fired him 8 months later. Epic stupidity. The reality is that Wellman just couldn't get along with Dino, and he let his ego get in the way of making a wise decision. If he would have waited a year and allowed Dino to fail, and spent January, February, March lining up his candidates, we would have ended up with a better coach, who would have been in a better position to succeed.

Instead we got a coach who simply wasn't good enough to handle an ACC program, and we put him in an impossible situation to succeed. Unsurprisingly he has failed.

I just hate the fact that no one can seem to separate the firing of Dino and the hiring of Bzzzz as two distinct events. It's as if people are always inferring that Dino was fired so that he could be replaced with Bzzz, which may have been the case with Wellman. However, I try to think of the two events as exclusive of each other. I was all for getting rid of Dino because I felt like he was completely lost during the games. Of course I would never have fired Dino if my only option was to replace him with this dipshit.

I think you just answered your own question. Dino wasn't the best coach in the world but we certainly could have done a lot worse (and Wellman did). Dino never should have been fired absent a good reason to believe we could get someone better.

Fair points. We just totally screwed the hire which puts Dino in a much better (relative) light. Eamon nailed the sentiment in the "Translation: " paragraph. We are proud, indeed. We love WF.

Wellman's mistake, so let him deal with the consequences.

He and his buddy are laughing all the way to the bank. I can just imagine them kicked back and wasted at the beach, reminiscing about when they took Wake for a ride.

We went from a guy kicking us in the nuts occasionally to a guy repeatedly stabbing us in the face.

People want Wake to be good again in basketball, I get a lot of "it just ain't right" these days. Its like we died

brennan tweeted:
"How do you know your program is a mess? When I call you softer than Drake and your fans starting emailing within 20 minutes to thank me."

Awesome.

I wish I used Twitter more. I'd retweet that, but no one that follows me would care

Back