• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fall Billboard and/or Airbanner

I gave $200 to the billboard, so let's say mine is part of the 2k. I'm fine with air banner.

"Bring Back Accountability. Fire Wellman."

I don't think anyone outside of this board understands what those mean... I'd say something simple like "Support WFU Athletics. Fire Wellman"

I agree with this. Simple and clear message. As a very minor contributor to the billboard fund, I'm fine with whatever. I prefer a billboard since the air banner is fleeting and may not get any coverage. A billboard on business 40 would. If the air banner could be combined with something like the handing out of info sheets on the "status of Wake athletics" to people entering the game or hiring a couple guys to wear sandwich boards and stand near the entrances to the lots I think that would be great.

Yeah. "Demand Accountability" was the billboard message, so there'd be some consistency with that.

I believe the limit on characters for the banner is 40?

Demand accountability - FIRE Ron Wellman

Culture change needed - FIRE Ron Wellman

Demand Integrity - FIRE Ron Wellman

Demand Integrity - FIRE Wellman & Hatch

Last edited:

I don't think including Hatch is very good strategy. For all of the bad we believe that he is responsible for in the AD, he has brought the University some great publicity recently in the NYT.

"Demand Integrity - FIRE Ron Wellman" --> Winner, IMO.

Yeah. "Demand Accountability" was the billboard message, so there'd be some consistency with that.

Integrity goes deeper than accountability. We're not asking for transparency anymore. That's not going to happen. We're asking for integrity.

Wellman is a lot of things, but low integrity is not one of them. That is off base and will not result in the right impact. My two cents are either simply "Fire Ron Wellman" or "Demand Excellence - Fire Ron Wellman"

Hiring a white collar criminal to run your finances doesn't show a lack of integrity???

So he is low integrity, it's just that few know about it. Got it.

Wellman is a lot of things, but low integrity is not one of them. That is off base and will not result in the right impact. My two cents are either simply "Fire Ron Wellman" or "Demand Excellence - Fire Ron Wellman"

You are right. It's not "low integrity", it's NO integrity. He's an arrogant, incompetent, blame shifting, crony hiring, criminal hiring, serial liar. The problem is that sentence is too long to fit on the banner. The fact that someone like him is allowed to keep his job is a good indication that Hatch also has NO integrity.

So he is low integrity, it's just that few know about it. Got it.

That sounds like a good reason to put it on the banner...

Last edited:

Another option...

Integrity matters - FIRE Ron Wellman

Back