• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Sure wish I had Lindor in this week. Really nice start to today. (up to 4-21) I know that early stats usually don't mean a whole lot. However, in my best two years ever I got off to a great start, and maintained.

Thru games of April 6th:

Bronze: 3-2-2-1 --- 19/650
Silver: 4-3 --- 7/90

Not much going on in the middle of this week. With about all the SPs having two starts teams have almost no SPs going during Wed-Thur-Fri games. I slipped a little, though. My team just isn't hitting so far (.197 team BA). My first round of 6 pitching starts was excellent, with a 1.79 ERA & a 10.8 K-9 ratio....and that was what gave me a nice jump-start early in the standings. Today, though, 3 of my 4 closers pitched with a chance to pick up 30+ points...and all three of them gave up runs in the 9th inning. I would probably have actually gained a little more ground to add to the first three days of the season if not for those three blown save/win opportunities.

Oh well, there is a long, long way to go and I am still in an excellent position even after slipping a little bit today.

I moved up to 2-15 by the end of the night. This is all due to hitting since some of my pitchers have really gotten beat up. Batting averages are low, but that is usual for this time of year. I'm in first place in hitting (league and overall) while batting just .259 as a team. Have benefitted from players 1 hit of the game being a 3 run home run. I will some money to get some big bats in next week, but not sure I want to change anything. lol Bryant getting off to a slow start and Betts being sick benefitted me also. Bryant having 6 at home next week will be hard to pass on.

Standings

settings zoom_out_map

Rk

Team

1 Life of Riley 177.5
2 River Bats 176.5
3 Dock's No-Nos 174.5
4 Atlondon Lumberkings 174
5 SAFLA 169

I think I remember seeing that "Life of Riley" guy from past years. Don't recognize any of the others. Glad to see that you are off to a good start. That isn't essential in a long season, but it certainly helps to reduce the urge to make early roster changes.

Our teams are mirror opposites so far. Pitching has been carrying my team (until those 3 blown saves last night) while my hitters have been awful.

I think I remember seeing that "Life of Riley" guy from past years. Don't recognize any of the others. Glad to see that you are off to a good start. That isn't essential in a long season, but it certainly helps to reduce the urge to make early roster changes.

Our teams are mirror opposites so far. Pitching has been carrying my team (until those 3 blown saves last night) while my hitters have been awful.

Sactown Kauri is in my league, also. It still haunts me that we got nudged out by him that year. I so wanted us to finish 1-2 in the overall. I was in first place with just 1 day to go! If I had never caught him it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

Say hey kids is in my league. He usually plays pretty well, but for some reason he started the season with 7 closers. Atlondon Lumberkings success will be short lived. He has 6 closers and not enough quality pitchers. He also has 4 first baseman, which is ok, but he is only starting 2 of them so far.

Sactown Kauri is in my league, also. It still haunts me that we got nudged out by him that year. I so wanted us to finish 1-2 in the overall. I was in first place with just 1 day to go! If I had never caught him it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

Say hey kids is in my league. He usually plays pretty well, but for some reason he started the season with 7 closers. Atlondon Lumberkings success will be short lived. He has 6 closers and not enough quality pitchers. He also has 4 first baseman, which is ok, but he is only starting 2 of them so far.

That was 2014. I had said earlier somewhere that it was 2015, but I checked my diary and it was 2014. 2015 was probably the worst year I have had in all my years of fantasy baseball. Went from my best year straight to my worst year. That will humble you quickly. Bounced back last year to make a small profit, though. Nothing great, but I finished in the money with all four of my teams...though with no league winners.

12 of my 18 starters have hit a home run with 4 having more than 1. Since home runs score in 4 of the 5 categories that is huge as far as the hitting part of scoring. I have always tried to score well in HR's for that very reason, but as we know that is sometimes easier said then done. :)

12 of my 18 starters have hit a home run with 4 having more than 1. Since home runs score in 4 of the 5 categories that is huge as far as the hitting part of scoring. I have always tried to score well in HR's for that very reason, but as we know that is sometimes easier said then done. :)

My entire team has only hit 5 HRs so far. That my six teams are still 3-2-2-1-4-3 in their six leagues tells you how strong my pitching has been.

Thru games of April 7th:

Bronze: 3-2-4-1 --- 56/650
Silver: 8-6 --- 15/90

My slide continued today, and this early in the season moves can be exaggerated. Hopefully, my SPs will kick back in during the weekend to stop the bleeding. My hitters have been woeful. Some examples: Hedges 0-12, Bird 1-16, Buxton 1-18, Santana 1-14, Blackmon 2-19 and Altuve 3-21.

By the way, I just noticed that "Life of Riley" is 2nd & 3rd in my two Silver leagues, so I guess he is playing both roto and points. Wonder if he is trying to do it with the same roster? That gets complicated, especially with the SP restrictions in points leagues.

Really like my lineup for next week. Would post it, but still not receiving changes from fantrax.

Really like my lineup for next week. Would post it, but still not receiving changes from fantrax.

You can copy & paste it from the "adjust my roster" page. That's what I've done when posting my lineup/roster. (Post #3587 is an example.) I deleted a blank space between each of the bench guys to keep it from being spread out so much.

Thru games of April 8th:

Bronze: 3-2-2-3 --- 51/650
Silver: 10-6 --- 18/90

Reporting from Garden City Beach this morning. It's spring break for the grandkids and this is the first time in the last five years that we have been able to get away for more than a couple of days, so we rented a big house on the beach for the upcoming week for the six of us. Think my daughter-in-law's parents who live in Oak Ridge my come down for a few days as well. The place sleeps 12, so there is plenty of room.

Kind of held my own yesterday for the first time in the last few days, but it's not ideal when you have Kershaw & Bumgarner going against Colorado & Arizona and neither of them gets a win. Need good games from Syndegaard & McCullers today. They are both huge favorites (-185 & -210), so anything less than 2 wins and at least 15 strikeouts would be disappointing.

My CDM golf team has worked its way up to 5th place in the league with 4 tournaments left after the Masters, so I will be closely following today's finish in Augusta. The best finish for me would be Justin Rose winning the tournament (assuming that Lee Westwood & Thomas Pieters are too far behind to win...but they could help me by moving higher in the top 10 with good rounds today) and Sergio Garcia & Charley Hoffman falling back. Hate to pull against Sergio because I actually like him....but the fantasy team comes first! LOL. It would help me a little if Spieth or Fowler won because there are a couple of guys in the top six who don't have one or the other of them.....but not nearly as much as if Justin Rose won. And the further that Garcia & Hoffman fall back, the better it is for my team. Westwood had a very nice 68 yesterday to get back into the top 10, but Pieters offset that with a 75 to fall from a tie for the lead down to 9th. The CDM contest is based on money won, though, and the Masters has the largest payout of the 16 tournaments in the contest, so every position in the top 10 is important. It doesn't matter what Adam Scott, Ryan Moore or Charl Schwartzel do because nobody in the top 10 in the league has either one of them.

I picked up 3 more rbi's and a save last night. I thought the games were over. lol Still leading my league in HR, rbi's, and runs scored. I need good outings for my starters, or some bad starts for other pitchers. Either would give me a big bounce.

Whew! #16 was a BIG hole for me. I really need Justin Rose to win this thing! Hope he can hang on for two more holes.

I ended up with 25 home runs by my starters and 6 by the bench for the first week. That may be the best ever for me, but I don't expect it to continue. Not that many big bats on my team, just seems like everyone is getting a HR.

Thru games of April 9th:

Bronze: 4-4-5-2 --- 62/650
Silver: 8-4 --- 12/90

Guess I can concentrate on my MLB teams now, as Rose losing that playoff to Garcia pretty much eliminated my CDM golf team's chances. The difference between 1st place & 2nd place was about a $1.6M swing. Two people ahead of me had Garcia and did not have Rose. I dropped from 5th to 6th (league pays 5 places), but with only 4 tournaments left it is all but impossible to regain that kind of lost money.

Thru games of April 10th:

Bronze: 3-3-5-3 --- 53/650
Silver: 7-4 --- 12/90

Things are beginning to stabilize a little bit now. Pretty satisfied overall with my start over the first nine days. It hasn't been the absolute best, of course, but with 25 teams in Bronze leagues (paying 4 places) and 30 teams in Silver leagues (paying 8 places), my teams are solidly in contention right from the get-go. That's better than falling way behind early and having to make early adjustments to catch up.

So far, Paxton and McCullers are looking like great picks for cheap SPs. That really helps. We will see how another cheap SP pick (Jameson Taillon) does in his first start for me today.

I looked hard at Paxton, but he had let me down in 2 different years. Maybe this is his year. My pitching has been woeful, so I really need a good outing by Taillon, too

I looked hard at Paxton, but he had let me down in 2 different years. Maybe this is his year. My pitching has been woeful, so I really need a good outing by Taillon, too

He is a -190 favorite. That's strong.

Pretty much wasted Sale & Verlander last night. They were head-to-head, which I don't like....and neither got the win.

Back