• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Thru games of April 11th:

Bronze: 4-3-5-3 --- 50/650
Silver: 7-3 --- 10/90

10 days down, 173 days to go. If all six teams finished exactly where they are now the total payout would be $996 ($700 of which would come from the 3rd place Silver league team) for a net profit of $486 on the total $510 six-team entry fee. So I am off to a solid start, anyway. Could always be better, but I don't see any major areas of concern that are in need of attention after the first 10 days.

Thru games of April 11th:

Bronze: 4-3-5-3 --- 50/650
Silver: 7-3 --- 10/90

10 days down, 173 days to go. If all six teams finished exactly where they are now the total payout would be $996 ($700 of which would come from the 3rd place Silver league team) for a net profit of $486 on the total $510 six-team entry fee. So I am off to a solid start, anyway. Could always be better, but I don't see any major areas of concern that are in need of attention after the first 10 days.

Sactown Kauri had a monster day yesterday with a 32 point gain. 9 HR, 16 runs, and 22 rbi's while batting .400. Several teams have moved in and out of the top 5 or so. I have been a constant, so I am hoping that is a good sign. (hate I was too late for a gold team)

1 Dock's No-Nos 180
2 Sactown Kauri 3 179
3 River Bats 175.5
4 Daffy 172.5
5 The Helmet Of Roto 170

Sactown Kauri had a monster day yesterday with a 32 point gain. 9 HR, 16 runs, and 22 rbi's while batting .400. Several teams have moved in and out of the top 5 or so. I have been a constant, so I am hoping that is a good sign. (hate I was too late for a gold team)

1 Dock's No-Nos 180
2 Sactown Kauri 3 179
3 River Bats 175.5
4 Daffy 172.5
5 The Helmet Of Roto 170

That's a solid start....and while 10 days isn't that much it is now enough to begin to establish a base from which to determine where the competition is going to be.

"Life of Riley" is 1st & 2nd in my two Silver leagues (2/90 overall) and 3-2-1 in three Bronze leagues (15/650 overall). Wonder how many teams that guy has entered? If he entered 2 Silver teams, 3 Bronze teams and (how many?) Rookie teams, I would assume that he also entered at least one Gold team. Still don't understand why he would want to play both formats at the same time. You simply cannot use the same roster in both formats....and trying to use different rosters for multiple teams would be maddening.

Last edited:
Her is his hitters in the rookie league.

C
Contreras, Willson C - CHC (R)
C
Lucroy, Jonathan C - TEX (R)

1B
Carpenter, Matt 1B - STL (L)
1b Goldschmidt, Paul 1B - ARI (R)

2B
Odor, Rougned 2B - TEX (L)
2B
Villar, Jonathan 2B - MIL (S)

3B
Bregman, Alex 3B - HOU (R)

3B
Turner, Justin 3B - LAD (R)

SS
Correa, Carlos SS - HOU (R)
SS
Story, Trevor SS - COL (R)

OF
Benintendi, Andrew (R) OF - BOS (L)

OF
Gómez, Carlos OF - TEX (R)

OF
Haniger, Mitch (R) OF - SEA (R)

OF
Marte, Starling OF - PIT (R)

OF
Trout, Mike OF - LAA (R)

OF
Trumbo, Mark OF - BAL (R)

UT
Arenado, Nolan 3B - COL (R)

UT
Ramírez, José 3B - CLE (S)
Ramírez, Hanley 1B - BOS (R)
Buxton, Byron OF - MIN (R)

Blackmon, Charlie OF - COL (L)
Céspedes, Yoenis OF - NYM (R)
Peraza, José 2B - CIN (R)
Sánchez, Gary C - NYY (R)
Turner, Trea SS - WAS (R)

Pitchers

Name

Sta

Sal

GP

GS

W

IP

H

ER

BB

K

SV

ERA

WHIP

SP
McCullers Jr., Lance SP - HOU Act 790 2 2 1 13 11 4 2 17 0 2.77 1.000

SP
Paxton, James SP - SEA Act 700 2 2 1 13 6 0 3 13 0 0.00 0.692

SP
Sale, Chris SP - BOS Act 1330 2 2 0 14.2 8 2 2 17 0 1.23 0.682

SP
Strasburg, Stephen SP - WAS

SP
Syndergaard, Noah SP - NYM

SP
Verlander, Justin SP - DET
RP
Bedrosian, Cam RP - LAA

RP
Díaz, Edwin RP - SEA

RP
Giles, Ken RP - HOU

P
Oh, Seung Hwan RP - STL

Bumgarner, Madison SP - SF

Darvish, Yu SP - TEX Res

Hill, Rich SP - LAD Res

Scherzer, Max SP - WAS Res

Kershaw, Clayton SP - LAD

Bad week to have Cespedes on the bench....and Cespedes isn't on his Silver team. Pitching is the biggest problem in mixing formats because you are only allowed 11 SPs in points leagues and there is no swing pitcher. Here is his Silver league roster:

Grandal, Yasmani C - LAD  (S)
Lucroy, Jonathan C - TEX  (R)
Encarnación, Edwin 1B - CLE  (R)
Goldschmidt, Paul 1B - ARI  (R)
LeMahieu, DJ 2B - COL  (R)
Villar, Jonathan 2B - MIL  (S)
Arenado, Nolan 3B - COL  (R)
Ramírez, José 3B - CLE  (S)
Seager, Corey SS - LAD  (L)
Story, Trevor SS - COL  (R)
Bautista, José OF - TOR  (R)
Benintendi, Andrew (R) OF - BOS  (L)
Blackmon, Charlie OF - COL  (L)
Haniger, Mitch (R) OF - SEA  (R)
Harper, Bryce OF - WAS  (L)
Trout, Mike OF - LAA  (R)
Betts, Mookie OF - BOS  (R)
Peraza, José 2B - CIN  (R)
Carpenter, Matt 1B - STL   (L)

Donaldson, Josh 3B - TOR   (R)
Broxton, Keon OF - MIL  (R)
Kepler, Max OF - MIN  (L)
Springer, George OF - HOU  (R)
Bregman, Alex 3B - HOU  (R)
Sánchez, Gary C - NYY   (R)
Turner, Trea SS - WAS   (R)

Cotton, Jharel (R) SP - OAK 
McCullers Jr., Lance SP - HOU 
Morton, Charlie SP - HOU 
Paxton, James SP - SEA 
Sale, Chris SP - BOS 
Verlander, Justin SP - DET 
Bedrosian, Cam RP - LAA 
Díaz, Edwin RP - SEA 
Giles, Ken RP - HOU 
Treinen, Blake RP - WAS 

Darvish, Yu SP - TEX 
Gray, Jon SP - COL 
Hill, Rich SP - LAD  
Kershaw, Clayton SP - LAD 
Syndergaard, Noah SP - NYM 

Thru games of April 12th:

Bronze: 5-4-6-4 --- 64/650
Silver: 6-3 --- 9/90

Payout with those finishes would be $1,035.

Yesterday wasn't a particularly good day, though mid-week days when there are very few SPs going don't usually see as much in the way of points movement. Strangely enough, my Silver teams did slightly better than my Bronze teams. Usually the better players are in the more expensive Silver leagues. (Which accounts for the slightly higher payout from the day before, even though all four Bronze teams slipped one place in the standings. The Silver team moving from 7th to 6th more than made up for those drops.)

I lost about 10 points last night in pitching. I didn't have anyone going, and those points were mostly lost in era/whip. I fell to 6th place but still am only 6 points out of first.

One of my last decisions was taking Lamb over Healy as my 4th third baseman. That has been a great decision so far.

Thru games of April 13th:

Bronze: 4-3-6-4 --- 57/650
Silver: 5-5 --- 10/90

Payout with those finishes would be $760.

Had close to a really good day yesterday. If Bumgarner had been able to get the win at home against Colorado, I would have been 1 or 2 places higher in all six leagues....which would have made a big difference in the payout numbers. That's how close the top five teams are in my leagues now. He pitched well...8 Ks over 6 innings, but the Giants couldn't score against Gray.

Thru games of April 14th:

Bronze: 3-2-2-3 --- 45/650
Silver: 2-2 --- 4/90

Payout with those finishes would be $2,330.

Had a very nice day yesterday....mostly due to Kershaw. Because he is so expensive, many teams don't keep him in the lineup in weeks when he only gets one start....so those 26.3 points helped me tremendously. The top 5 teams are still closely bunched in most of my leagues, but it's nice to be in the top 3 in all six leagues as we near the end of week #2. Relieves any pressure to burn early purchases.

He didn't have Cotton starting in his rookie league. Maybe it is already becoming confusing for him since Cotton has 2 starts. He gave up just 2 hits in 7 scoreless innings for the win in his first outing. He had another 2-start pitcher benched as well.

Sactown Kauri is just killing it right now. He has both Murphy and Ozuna, and they are really putting up some numbers.

Bird is a popular pick this year. I'm wondering if it would be wise to be one of the first to dump him. He is owned by about 48% in both my league and overall. I sat him this week and will again next week. His leash is very short unless he comes around in the next 10 days or so. I would hate to keep him for a month+ only to see him sent down.

Hope you are enjoying the beach!

Bird is a popular pick this year. I'm wondering if it would be wise to be one of the first to dump him. He is owned by about 48% in both my league and overall. I sat him this week and will again next week. His leash is very short unless he comes around in the next 10 days or so. I would hate to keep him for a month+ only to see him sent down.

Hope you are enjoying the beach!

When I was looking for a cheap back-up first baseman, I narrowed it down to Bird and Eric Thames. I may have picked the wrong one. Thames has 5 HRs and is hitting .382.

We had a great week at the beach. The weather was unbelievable for mid-April with sunny days and temperature in the mid-70s. Just got back home about an hour ago.

Thru games of April 15th:

Bronze: 3-4-3-3 --- 38/650
Silver: 4-3 --- 6/90

Payout with those finishes would be $1,460.

Even though the lower payout number doesn't reflect it, my teams had a very good day yesterday with 131 points. The lower payout is a result of the two Silver teams (where the big money is) slipping from 2-2 to 4-3. However, they are only 6 & 8 points out of 2nd place now on a yearly total of 1,158 points...so those slots remain very close and subject to daily position changes. My Bronze overall position...which doesn't mean that much money-wise unless I can get into the top 5 but is probably the best indicator of how well or poorly my teams are doing....is at its best level yet at 38/650. That would be in the top 6% of all 650 teams.

Another great game for Paxton with 8 shutout innings and 9 Ks.

My pitching is just terrible. Kluber has been terrible, and so has Meada. Verlander looked like he was throwing batting practice yesterday. (they just left him in)
I hate to jump the gun, but I may have to make some pitching corrections.

Bird has 13 k's in 26 at bats so far. Thames is really hot although I doubt he fixed his swing in Korea. I'm tempted to grab him early, but fear they will discover a weakness in his swing.

Think I will hold out another week. There are no 2-start pitchers next week that are on my list. If Paxton has another great outing at KC then he is a must have for everyone at 750k.

My pitching is just terrible. Kluber has been terrible, and so has Meada. Verlander looked like he was throwing batting practice yesterday. (they just left him in)
I hate to jump the gun, but I may have to make some pitching corrections.

I had both Kluber and Maeda on my initial roster. I finally decided that all those innings that Kluber had pitched in the last few years were going to come back to haunt him. My decision to cut Maeda was just that I thought he was overpriced for what I expected him to produce. As I said earlier, Verlander is a warrior. I thought he was finished a couple of years ago but he bounced right back. I will watch him, but right now I'm not that worried about him. Of course, in the points league all I am looking for is innings, strikeouts & wins....which he has always been good at producing. The ERA & WHIP are not a concern for me like they would be for you in roto scoring. (That's why I was hoping that you would try the points leagues. It's really nice not to have to worry about a bad outing where a guy gives up 9 runs like that.)

Pitching has been my strength so far. Out of 650 Bronze teams, I am currently 6th in pitching points.

Watched Thames bat today....very nice swing, and crushed another HR. Early deadline tomorrow, but I may still make some moves. I'm in for 40 bucks this year, so no reason to rack my brain. Hell, if I do well then I will just beat myself up for not having a gold team. :)

Bird has 13 k's in 26 at bats so far. Thames is really hot although I doubt he fixed his swing in Korea. I'm tempted to grab him early, but fear they will discover a weakness in his swing.

Think I will hold out another week. There are no 2-start pitchers next week that are on my list. If Paxton has another great outing at KC then he is a must have for everyone at 750k.

I have Scherzer & Gausman getting two starts next week.

Don't know how the day will end, but right now my teams are having a great day....even with six hitters getting the day off. Taillon beat Lester & the Cubs at Wrigley, which was huge for me.

At this minute, my teams are up to 3-2-2-2 & 28/650 and 2-2 & 3/90.

Right now, my pitching is ranked #1 out of all 650 teams:

Last edited:
Back