• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Yeah you can view it for every year. (might come in handy) I have Darvish going tonight.

I've mentioned this several times earlier, but another important thing to remember about Fantrax' points game is that it does not penalize a point for a strikeout. Every other points game that I have seen does, and anytime you see evaluations of players for roto or points it will almost always have a comment about how such & such player strikes out a lot which hurts his value in points leagues. That isn't the case with Fantrax.

I've mentioned this several times earlier, but another important thing to remember about Fantrax' points game is that it does not penalize a point for a strikeout. Every other points game that I have seen does, and anytime you see evaluations of players for roto or points it will almost always have a comment about how such & such player strikes out a lot which hurts his value in points leagues. That isn't the case with Fantrax.

Though strike outs can you in the minor leagues.

Marte got suspended today, and 7 teams in my league have him. They are probably bumming, but it is probably a blessing for their teams. 31 OFs are off to a better start and only Trout and Braun are more expensive. Will cost them a purchase,but there is several upgrades out there for a much cheaper price, imo.

btw, my team is off to a tremendous start tonight. 9 runs, 8 rbi's, 2 hr, and a bag in just 16 at bats.

My team is on fire! Topped out in HR-rbi-rs so anything else won't score points...just cushion. Unless Darvish gets rocked it will be my best day of the year.

3-0 lead and Treinen chokes in the 9th. 2 hits and 2 walks, and then gets the hook. I would get a new closer, but I don't know who to drop!

I think I've seen enough of Blake Treinen. Came into the game with a 3-0 lead. Easiest 10-point save situation you can have....and promptly gave up 2 hits & 2 walks and had to be taken out with a 3-1 lead, the bases loaded and only 1 out. He almost blew the win for Scherzer. Treinen now has a 7.11 ERA & a 2.53 WHIP.

My team is having a good night also. It would be even better if Treinen hadn't just pissed away 11 easy points. Right now my teams are 2-2-2-1 (17/650) and 1-2 (2-90).

ETA: LOL. I see that we are thinking together again. I have an extra closer. That is coming in handy already....and if I drop Treinen I am going to replace him with a closer to keep an extra one.....probably the Rockies' Holland. Houston & Seattle have been alternating weeks on the road in the first two weeks, so I have been switching Giles & Diaz.

Shawn Kelley should probably have been the Washington closer to begin with....and may be moved into the job by the end of this week....but I have no confidence at all in Dusty Baker's ability to handle pitchers. He ruined the careers of a couple of great guys when he was with the Cubs.

Last edited:
Thru games of April 18th:

Bronze: 2-3-2-2 --- 36/650
Silver: 2-4 --- 5/90

Payout with those finishes would be $1,855.

My teams finished the day off their best levels. The late games didn't help as I had my Colorado players on the bench and several teams had Cleveland's Lindor & Ramirez.

Darvish got rocked again so I only gained 5 points last night. Batted 19-5-19-2-.391. The only good outing he has this year I had him on the bench. That is how my pitching has gone so far.

Blake Treinen may be out as a closer. I worry about Giles as well. Hope it all shakes out by the end of the week. If I have to replace 3 closers it will get in the way of other moves I want to make.

Thru games of April 19th:

Bronze: 2-5-3-4 --- 60/650
Silver: 6-6 --- 11/90

Payout with those finishes would be $605.

My teams had an absolutely horrible day yesterday. The entire team only had 55 points and Harper had 20 of those....and almost everyone has him. The other 27 players only had a total of 35 points. You can't get much worse than that.

Another upcoming problem is that cap is going to be tight next week because three expensive SPs will be getting two starts (Kershaw, Bumgarner & Archer) and I will also have to have the very expensive Altuve in the lineup because Forsythe just went on the DL. I may have to go ahead and get Thames & Haniger. I have an extra closer so I don't necessarily have to replace Treinen right away. To me, the obvious choice would be Holland....and he is cheaper than Diaz, who is on the road all next week, so it might be best to go ahead and do it now. Lots of work to do before next Monday.

Holland has those 8 saves already...of course he has had a lot of good opportunities. Any chance Devenski takes over if Giles continues to struggle?

Holland has those 8 saves already...of course he has had a lot of good opportunities. Any chance Devenski takes over if Giles continues to struggle?

I am going to pick up Holland, Thames & Haniger this weekend and drop Treinen, Sanchez (just going with the two cheap catchers all the time) & Buxton.

Holland has 7 games at home next week, so I decided not to wait. The situation with Giles is frustrating. He didn't get the chance for the save today and pitched the 8th inning yesterday. Right now I'm just going to keep him on the bench until I see how the situation is going to shake out. I will have Diaz, Feliz, Bedrosian & Holland.

Bird is on my potential drop list, too...along with Broxton & Machado...but they just weren't as high as Sanchez & Buxton and there is no pressing need to do anything with them right now. 3 moves is enough to make at one time this early.They will mostly just ride the bench for a couple of weeks. Machado is my 4th third baseman (Arenado, Bryant & cheapie Bregman). If I was going to go with 4 third basemen, I really wish that I had taken Jose Ramirez from Cleveland instead of Machado. He is a million cheaper in points (1610K to 2590K), and while he may not end up with quite as good of numbers as Machado (though he is well ahead of Machado now), I think Ramirez is in the midst of what is going to be a breakout year...after a very good year last year...and is going to move up close to that top level at the position. So considering the prices, I think Ramirez is a much better value than Machado.

Doing a lot better tonight, though it would have been nice if Syndegaard could have gotten a win. Paxton is getting ready to take the mound at Oakland. If I can get a win out of him I think I can recover most of the ground I lost yesterday.

Last edited:
Thru games of April 20th:

Bronze: 2-3-2-3 --- 37/650
Silver: 3-5 --- 7/90

Payout with those finishes would be $1,355.

Didn't get the road win from Paxton, but still recovered quite a bit from Wednesday's disaster.

I am going to pick up Holland, Thames & Haniger this weekend and drop Treinen, Sanchez (just going with the two cheap catchers all the time) & Buxton.

Holland has 7 games at home next week, so I decided not to wait. The situation with Giles is frustrating. He didn't get the chance for the save today and pitched the 8th inning yesterday. Right now I'm just going to keep him on the bench until I see how the situation is going to shake out. I will have Diaz, Feliz, Bedrosian & Holland.

Bird is on my potential drop list, too...along with Broxton & Machado...but they just weren't as high as Sanchez & Buxton and there is no pressing need to do anything with them right now. 3 moves is enough to make at one time this early.They will mostly just ride the bench for a couple of weeks. Machado is my 4th third baseman (Arenado, Bryant & cheapie Bregman). If I was going to go with 4 third basemen, I really wish that I had taken Jose Ramirez from Cleveland instead of Machado. He is a million cheaper in points (1610K to 2590K), and while he may not end up with quite as good of numbers as Machado (though he is well ahead of Machado now), I think Ramirez is in the midst of what is going to be a breakout year...after a very good year last year...and is going to move up close to that top level at the position. So considering the prices, I think Ramirez is a much better value than Machado.

Doing a lot better tonight, though it would have been nice if Syndegaard could have gotten a win. Paxton is getting ready to take the mound at Oakland. If I can get a win out of him I think I can recover most of the ground I lost yesterday.

Those are the 3 I am looking at as well. Might not do it all this week. I will see how my lineup for next week. Do plan to drop Sanchez, but not for another catcher....maybe a 5th closer.

Guess I will be replacing Bumgarner, too.

How dumb can people be? Professional athletes are paid obscene amounts of money to play a game and do stupid stuff like this. Bumgarner should have to repay the Giants 1/30th of his annual salary for every start he misses.

Don't know how long Bumgarner will be out yet. I could fit Scherzer in his place with the lineup I have planned and be at exactly $60.0M. He has one start at home against the Mets. Or I could use a 4th purchase and pick up Strasburg who is 500K cheaper than Bumgarner. He has two starts next week and has been pitching great so far thru his first 4 starts. It would be nice to get an idea of just how long Bumgarner will be out before making a decision.....but if it is going to be more than 2 or 3 weeks or so, you just about have to replace him. Especially in the points league where you are only allowed 11 SPs.

At least one of Bumgarner's two starts next week was going to be against Kershaw...so that makes Kershaw's two starts more of a sure thing. You can't get two wins in a game when you have two SPs going against each other.

Thru games of April 21st:

Bronze: 1-2-2-3 --- 28/650
Silver: 2-3 --- 4/90

Payout with those finishes would be $2,130.

Huge night for my teams yesterday. I have now more than recouped what ground was lost on Wednesday, when my teams only scored 55 points. Didn't have an SP going on Wednesday or Friday, but yesterday my teams scored 95 points. Had one closer get 13 points, which left 82 points from my 18 hitters. That's an average of 4.55 points per hitter. Anything 4.0 or better is great and, actually, an average of even 3.75 for all 18 guys wouldn't be bad because you are usually going to have 1 or 2 guys who are getting the day off.

ETA: And this is happening with my three Colorado guys on the bench. They only had 5 games this week, including one against Kershaw. Story had also been in a year-long slump and Corey Seager had 7 games. Didn't make much sense to me to start Story over Seager this week. So Story homers on Thursday & hits a grand slam last night while Blackburn also has an inside-the-park HR. It was mostly just lost opportunity, though, as I don't think too many other teams had the Colorado guys in their lineup this week. It's hard to start a guy with 5 games when you have a comparable guy at the position who has 7 games, so there is no need to beat yourself up over something like that.

Last edited:
Thru games of April 21st:

Bronze: 1-2-2-3 --- 28/650
Silver: 2-3 --- 4/90

Payout with those finishes would be $2,130.

Huge night for my teams yesterday. I have now more than recouped what ground was lost on Wednesday, when my teams only scored 55 points. Didn't have an SP going on Wednesday or Friday, but yesterday my teams scored 95 points. Had one closer get 13 points, which left 82 points from my 18 hitters. That's an average of 4.55 points per hitter. Anything 4.0 or better is great and, actually, an average of even 3.75 for all 18 guys wouldn't be bad because you are usually going to have 1 or 2 guys who are getting the day off.

ETA: And this is happening with my three Colorado guys on the bench. They only had 5 games this week, including one against Kershaw. Story had also been in a year-long slump and Corey Seager had 7 games. Didn't make much sense to me to start Story over Seager this week. So Story homers on Thursday & hits a grand slam last night while Blackburn also has an inside-the-park HR. It was mostly just lost opportunity, though, as I don't think too many other teams had the Colorado guys in their lineup this week. It's hard to start a guy with 5 games when you have a comparable guy at the position who has 7 games, so there is no need to beat yourself up over something like that.

I might just get pitchers next week. My batting is still doing really well. (had 18 rbi's last night) Not scoring in 3 cats. but it add to my cushion. Usually when you are killing it in a cat. then you are struggling somewhere else.

Bum is looking at 6-8 weeks, and who knows how he will pitch. Screwed up his pitching shoulder....I can't wait that long. If he comes back better than ever I will just buy him back. 84% of my league own him.

I might just get pitchers next week. My batting is still doing really well. (had 18 rbi's last night) Not scoring in 3 cats. but it add to my cushion. Usually when you are killing it in a cat. then you are struggling somewhere else.

Bum is looking at 6-8 weeks, and who knows how he will pitch. Screwed up his pitching shoulder....I can't wait that long. If he comes back better than ever I will just buy him back. 84% of my league own him.

I'm going to drop Bumgarner for Strasburg. Strangely, not that many people have Bumgarner in my two silver leagues....and that is where I make my major decisions because that's where the money is. 2 other guys in the top 10 have him in one league and 3 other teams in the top 10 in the other league. 1 & 3 of the top 10 teams have Strasburg in the two leagues.

Back