• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Thru games of April 22nd:

Bronze: 2-4-3-4 --- 41/650
Silver: 4-5 --- 8/90

Payout with those finishes would be $1,090.

Slipped a little, but all six teams are still in the money and the top five positions in all leagues are still very close.

Had 73 points Saturday. Have two SPs going on Sunday, so I hope to get closer to 100 points and regain a little ground.

If I can get my pitching straightened out this could be a very good team. The hitting categories remind of my best team ever in 2006. Even on days they hit for a poor average they seem to give me some numbers. Yesterday they only batted .212, but still had 14 runs and 15 rbi's along with 3 homeruns.

The last few years I started going with 5 closers instead of 4. Changed back to 4 this year, and it has me in a bind. Bedrosian, the only closer of mine that is pitching well in on the dl. I will probably just pick up 1 closer, and go with 7 starters next week.

Unless somebody else gets hurt today, this will be my team next week:

C
Hedges, Austin C - SD

C
Zunino, Mike C - SEA

1B
Goldschmidt, Paul 1B - ARI

1B
Thames, Eric 1B - MIL

2B
Altuve, José 2B - HOU

2B
Peraza, José 2B - CIN

3B
Arenado, Nolan 3B - COL

3B
Bregman, Alex 3B - HOU

SS
Seager, Corey SS - LAD

SS
Story, Trevor SS - COL

OF
Benintendi, Andrew (R) OF - BOS

OF
Betts, Mookie OF - BOS

OF
Blackmon, Charlie OF - COL

OF
Harper, Bryce OF - WAS

OF
Springer, George OF - HOU 

OF
Trout, Mike OF - LAA

UT
Haniger, Mitch (R) OF - SEA

UT
Santana, Domingo OF - MIL

SP
Archer, Chris SP - TB

SP
Kershaw, Clayton SP - LAD

SP
Paxton, James SP - SEA

SP
Strasburg, Stephen SP - WAS

SP
Syndergaard, Noah SP - NYM

SP
Taillon, Jameson SP - PIT

RP
Díaz, Edwin RP - SEA

RP
Feliz, Neftalí RP - MIL

RP
Giles, Ken RP - HOU

RP
Holland, Greg RP - COL

I would like to work Rizzo (6 games) in there somehow, but I can't do it without downgrading another hitter or my best 1-start SP (Syndergaard). Need to check on Springer's status. If he is going to miss some games I think I have enough money left over to work Rizzo into the lineup for him. It's going to be close, though.

(Rizzo has been hot and Goldschmidt is off to a slow start...but I can't bench Goldschmidt with 7 games at home to start Rizzo with 6 games on the road.)

ETA: I checked the numbers and I would have just enough (10K left over) by putting Rizzo in and taking Springer out.....and after thinking it over I think I'm going to go ahead and do that. Rizzo has 3 at Pittsburgh & 3 at Boston....and only faces 1 lefthander all week (and he won't face Sale in Boston). All I have to do is move Springer from OF to DH and remove him for Rizzo.

Last edited:
I'm up 8 points today with 3 categories frozen, and only 1 pitcher going. I need the Mets to get to Max Scherzer tonight for a finish to a great day....tall order. lol

Thru games of April 23rd:

Bronze: 1-3-2-2 --- 39/650
Silver: 4-5 --- 9/90

Payout with those finishes would be $1,355.

My teams scored 128 points yesterday and still gained very little ground. There were several players whom I didn't have that had big games.....like Darvish, Murphy & Lindor, etc.

You're always going to make a few mistakes in the initial roster. The few who do not are the ones who are now in the top 10 overall. The key is to hold those mistakes to a minimum. And finding the right sleepers is most important among that initial roster. Everyone can pick Trout, Betts & Kershaw, etc. I was mostly dead-on so far with cheap SPs like Paxton, McCullers & Taillon and hitter Benintendi.....but I missed badly with some cheap hitters like Bird, Buxton, Broxton & Santana. For example, I'm 39th overall out of 650 in the Bronze leagues, but if I had just picked a couple of different cheap hitters like Haniger & Thames instead of those four guys I would probably be in the top 10 overall right now.

Still, we both seem to be in pretty good shape after 3 weeks of the 26-week season. I have to be fairly pleased with this start. (I've certainly done much worse in some years in the past, that's for sure.)

The only player on my team playing better than Lamb is Harper. I first put him on my list when I thought I would play points. Last year he had 31 doubles, 9 triples, 29 home runs, and 64 walks. Decided to make him a fourth third baseman because those are good numbers for 870k even though he doesn't bat for average. Although, he is hitting .315 so far this year with 15 runs, 4 HR, and 18 rbi's. He hasn't hit many extra base hits so far this year. Does have 9 walks. I put him in the first week for cap and that is where he has stayed.

For some reason I can't "reply with quote" or edit a post from my home computer.

My starters have 198 rbi's in the first 3 weeks. I haven't checked, but that is probably my best start in that category.

The only player on my team playing better than Lamb is Harper. I first put him on my list when I thought I would play points. Last year he had 31 doubles, 9 triples, 29 home runs, and 64 walks. Decided to make him a fourth third baseman because those are good numbers for 870k even though he doesn't bat for average. Although, he is hitting .315 so far this year with 15 runs, 4 HR, and 18 rbi's. He hasn't hit many extra base hits so far this year. Does have 9 walks. I put him in the first week for cap and that is where he has stayed.

I've found that most of the time it is picking the right cheap players that makes the biggest difference. That's why my pitching is doing so well and my hitting is only so-so to date.

ETA: Well, it looks like I picked up Strasburg and put him in my lineup just in time for him to go on paternity leave.....so I have that going for me.

Last edited:
I hate to use 3 purchases so early, but it is necessary. (Actually would like to make a couple more.) I expect other teams to do the same with Bumgarner being hurt and Marte getting suspended. Some teams will sit on Bumgarner though I think it is a big mistake. Here are my moves:

dropped:
Mondesi for Haniger
Bumgarner for Keuchel
Treinen for Holland

I hate to use 3 purchases so early, but it is necessary. (Actually would like to make a couple more.) I expect other teams to do the same with Bumgarner being hurt and Marte getting suspended. Some teams will sit on Bumgarner though I think it is a big mistake. Here are my moves:

dropped:
Mondesi for Haniger
Bumgarner for Keuchel
Treinen for Holland

I used 4, but one was due to an injury and another because a closer lost his job. The 3rd one was to drop my 3rd catcher that I decided I was never going to use anyway and the 4th was to drop a guy hitting below .100 who cost 1470K for a guy who cost 1050K and was red-hot and many teams were picking up.

Drop Treinen for Holland
Drop Sanchez for Thames
Drop Bumgarner for Strasburg
Drop Buxton for Haniger

Treinen lost his job
Mondesi was sent back to triple A
Bumgarner on dl

Wish I had Thames instead of Bird. Problem is there is just not a spot for him in my lineup. Would have to take out Goldschmidt or Votto. I suppose he could help get a better pitcher in my lineup, but that is about it. I think I have a good group going next week.

I decided to do just that....drop bird for Thames, and get another quality start. All I need is 1 good pitching week to be back in the top 3 of my league.

C Hedges, Austin C - SD 450
C Zunino, Mike C - SEA 470
1B Goldschmidt, Paul 1B - ARI 1650
1B Votto, Joey 1B - CIN 1370
2B Odor, Rougned 2B - TEX 1110
2B Peraza, José 2B - CIN 810
3B Arenado, Nolan 3B - COL 1460
3B Lamb, Jake 3B - ARI 870
SS Lindor, Francisco SS - CLE 1210
SS Seager, Corey SS - LAD 1230
OF Benintendi, Andrew (R) OF - BOS 840
OF Betts, Mookie OF - BOS 1590
OF Duvall, Adam OF - CIN 850
OF Harper, Bryce OF - WAS 1330
OF Renfroe, Hunter (R) OF - SD 630
OF Trout, Mike OF - LAA 1700
UT Haniger, Mitch (R) OF - SEA 450
UT Thames, Eric 1B - MIL 850
SP Carrasco, Carlos SP - CLE 1020
SP Darvish, Yu SP - TEX 1030
SP Kershaw, Clayton SP - LAD 1660
SP Sale, Chris SP - BOS 1330
SP Syndergaard, Noah SP - NYM 1220
SP Taillon, Jameson SP - PIT 710
RP Díaz, Edwin RP - SEA 1070
RP Giles, Ken RP - HOU 1050
RP Holland, Greg RP - COL 940
P Keuchel, Dallas SP - HOU 940

Sánchez, Gary C - NYY 910
Schwarber, Kyle OF - CHC 950
Bregman, Alex 3B - HOU 890
Bryant, Kris 3B - CHC 1410
Springer, George OF - HOU 1130
Turner, Trea SS - WAS 1150

Duffy, Danny SP - KC 920
Kluber, Corey SP - CLE 1300
Maeda, Kenta SP - LAD 960
Verlander, Justin SP - DET 1140
Bedrosian, Cam RP - LAA 840
Cueto, Johnny SP - SF 123

I took Springer out since he is kind of iffy this week. Do you still have him going?

No. I talked about that at the end of post #3684 at the top of this page. Rizzo is in for him.

Another reason I don't like sites that let you edit post. lol

Amir Garrett just got torched tonight. At least one team in my league picked him up...gave up 9 earned runs in 3.1 innings. Thames hit 2 HR's against him in his first 2 at bats.

Back