• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Another reason I don't like sites that let you edit post. lol

Amir Garrett just got torched tonight. At least one team in my league picked him up...gave up 9 earned runs in 3.1 innings. Thames hit 2 HR's against him in his first 2 at bats.

I thought about Garrett....though only briefly and never really seriously.

My teams are having a pretty good night, in spite of the fact that Archer didn't get a win. Bronze teams are up to 1-2-2-2 and 25th overall. Silver teams are 3-4, but might get all the way to 2-2 if Holland can get a save here. Haven't looked to see which other teams have him.

We got Thames just in the nick of time.

Rockies have the bases loaded with nobody out in the bottom of the 8th, leading 5-4.

Hope they don't score more than 2 runs here.

ETA: Well, they just got two more hits to leftfield...scoring a run each time. Now it's 7-4 with nobody out....and Dusty Baker is still sitting on his hands, letting Treinen get rocked with hit after hit.

Now he's finally taking him out after five straight hits, but it will take a miracle to get out of a bases loaded no outs situation in Coors with no more runs scored.

One out now and Blackmon hitting. Hope he either hits a Grand slam or into a double play. LOL.

Damn. Almost got the double play but a slow pivot at 2B let Blackmon beat it out. 8-4 now....the worst of all outcomes. Need Washington to get a couple of baserunners in the 9th....before they bring in Holland.

We will see what the Rockies do. It really ticks me off when a manager brings in my closer with a 4-run lead.

Holland's in with an 8-4 lead. Fuck that! Damned Dusty Baker!

Last edited:
I almost didn't pick up Thames...would be kicking myself. That he was older with quite a bit of experience told me he wasn't as big of risk. Garrett may go on and have a great year. Just to early and too small a sample size to take a chance on this early. The Reds left him in and really made it ugly. Not sure what the reasoning is for that, but they pay those managers millions of dollars, and I work/coach on pay based on performance.

I almost didn't pick up Thames...would be kicking myself. That he was older with quite a bit of experience told me he wasn't as big of risk. Garrett may go on and have a great year. Just to early and too small a sample size to take a chance on this early. The Reds left him in and really made it ugly. Not sure what the reasoning is for that, but they pay those managers millions of dollars, and I work/coach on pay based on performance.

Garrett originally played basketball at St Johns.

Right now I am in 1st place with one of my teams.....and 8, 12, 13, 9 & 9 points out of 1st place with the other five teams.

To put that in perspective, a one-inning save with two strikeouts is 13 points.

I am up 6.5 points tonight. Most of that pitching, and I didn't have anyone going other than Holland. He sure didn't help me so I made my living off others misery tonight.

I've already tentatively set one of my six lineups for next week. I do that early in the week with one lineup only since I can change it as many times as I wish. There is no reason to do it for the other five teams since I will probably be making changes during the week. Then next weekend when I get ready for my final lineup for the following week I make all the changes on the other five teams to match my "worksheet league".

Fantrax is now saying that Kershaw will not get two starts this week, but will pitch next Monday...getting two starts next week.

The way it stands right now I will have all six SPs getting two starts next week: Kershaw, Sale, Syndegaard, Verlander, McCullers & Paxton.

Hedges has another HR tonight. That "two cheap catcher" strategy is really working out well so far....and Zunino isn't even doing anything yet. I thought he might be a slightly better hitter than Hedges....but anything I got out of either of them other than their 1050K & 1070K salary was going to be a bonus, and Hedges already has 6 HRs.

(Up to 19th overall out of 650 teams in Bronze and 4th overall out of 90 teams in Silver...though there is no payout for overall in Silver. Could rack up $4,000 for winning those two leagues, though.)

I've already tentatively set one of my six lineups for next week. I do that early in the week with one lineup only since I can change it as many times as I wish. There is no reason to do it for the other five teams since I will probably be making changes during the week. Then next weekend when I get ready for my final lineup for the following week I make all the changes on the other five teams to match my "worksheet league".

Fantrax is now saying that Kershaw will not get two starts this week, but will pitch next Monday...getting two starts next week.

The way it stands right now I will have all six SPs getting two starts next week: Kershaw, Sale, Syndegaard, Verlander, McCullers & Paxton.

Going to make it difficult for me now that they changed Kershaw's 2 start week. It was going to 1 of the few times I ever take him out. I have 7 2-start pitchers for next week now, and all my most expensive ones. Probably going to have to go really cheap with my hitters. Bryant need to come back in with 7 at home. Thames will come in handy since Goldschmidt will need to come out. Probably have to take out Arenado or Betts out as well. In years past I have struggled at not getting enough at bats. Right now my team has the mot at bats in my league. I'm going to keep that in mind when I decide who sits. Along with home games of course.

Going to make it difficult for me now that they changed Kershaw's 2 start week. It was going to 1 of the few times I ever take him out. I have 7 2-start pitchers for next week now, and all my most expensive ones. Probably going to have to go really cheap with my hitters. Bryant need to come back in with 7 at home. Thames will come in handy since Goldschmidt will need to come out. Probably have to take out Arenado or Betts out as well. In years past I have struggled at not getting enough at bats. Right now my team has the mot at bats in my league. I'm going to keep that in mind when I decide who sits. Along with home games of course.

I have some of the same cap problems...not surprisingly. My tentative lineup also has Goldschmidt & Arenado on the bench. (I really like doing this with one of my lineups early in the week. As I said, it's kind of like a "worksheet" so that it makes it easy to fill in the other five teams on Sunday or Monday morning.) This is what my next week's starting lineup looks like right now:

C
Hedges, Austin C - SD

C
Zunino, Mike C - SEA

1B
Rizzo, Anthony 1B - CHC

1B
Thames, Eric 1B - MIL

2B
Altuve, José 2B - HOU

2B
Peraza, José 2B - CIN

3B
Bregman, Alex 3B - HOU

3B
Bryant, Kris 3B - CHC

SS
Correa, Carlos SS - HOU

SS
Story, Trevor SS - COL

OF
Benintendi, Andrew (R) OF - BOS

OF
Betts, Mookie OF - BOS

OF
Haniger, Mitch (R) OF - SEA

OF
Harper, Bryce OF - WAS

OF
Springer, George OF - HOU 

OF
Trout, Mike OF - LAA

UT
Machado, Manny 3B - BAL

UT
Santana, Domingo OF - MIL

SP
Kershaw, Clayton SP - LAD

SP
McCullers Jr., Lance SP - HOU

SP
Paxton, James SP - SEA

SP
Sale, Chris SP - BOS

SP
Syndergaard, Noah SP - NYM

SP
Verlander, Justin SP - DET

RP
Díaz, Edwin RP - SEA

RP
Feliz, Neftalí RP - MIL

RP
Giles, Ken RP - HOU

RP
Holland, Greg RP - COL

Thru games of April 24th:

Bronze: 1-2-2-2 --- 19/650
Silver: 2-3 --- 4/90

Payout with those finishes would be $2,195

It's beginning to look like 2014 again....with an even larger potential payout than the $1,950 that year because I have two silver teams this time. Of course, there's a long, long way to go. Just have to keep staying on top of the situation every day.

If Paxton has another quality start this week it might be a great time for me to drop Maeda. He has those 2 starts at home and 700k price tag that would allow me to keep some better hitters in my lineup. I usually don't move guys around this early, but next week could be challenging. Actually, it's a great opportunity to score big if I don't screw it up. lol

If Paxton has another quality start this week it might be a great time for me to drop Maeda. He has those 2 starts at home and 700k price tag that would allow me to keep some better hitters in my lineup. I usually don't move guys around this early, but next week could be challenging. Actually, it's a great opportunity to score big if I don't screw it up. lol

Don't know how your league looks, but I checked the top 10 teams in both of my silver leagues and the average number of purchases used now is 4.25. I've mentioned this before, but this seems reasonable to me....that there would be a slightly higher number of purchases after 20-25 games into the season than there would be on a regular basis later in the season, when purchases would more likely be for injuries, etc. The higher earlier number after 20-25 games would be to correct initial roster mistakes after we have had a reasonable number of games to determine what the situation looks like. Obviously teams are not going to continue on a pace of replacing 4 guys every 4 weeks, but I think it is fairly normal...and probably advisable...to correct a couple of initial roster mistakes at around this time.

Don't know how your league looks, but I checked the top 10 teams in both of my silver leagues and the average number of purchases used now is 4.25. I've mentioned this before, but this seems reasonable to me....that there would be a slightly higher number of purchases after 20

I have used 4, but I feel really ok with those purchases. Treinen, Bumgarner, and Bird are all well owned in my league. So that hurt a lot of teams. That I am ahead of most those teams means it really hurts them more. I am ahead of them and my team is even stronger now. Mondesi getting sent down hurt since he was a cheap guy, and I now only have 2 second baseman. I still have some probable mistakes on my team, but I am in a position to ride it out for a while before I make those decisions. Just hate I was too late for a gold team. Hell, I may be getting excited way too early. lol I always say the most fun wins, and I am having fun so that is all that really matters.

My team has been real steady for this time of year. No big gains or big loses. My big competition like Sactown has several days where he gains or loses 20 points. not real sure what to make of that.

1 Molten Memory 198.5
2 Dock's No-Nos 196
3 SAFLA 180.5
4 The Helmet Of Roto 177.5
4 HoffHornets II 177.5
6 River Bats 175
7 highlanders 170.5
8 Life of Riley 166.5
9 Daffy 165
10 Sactown Kauri 3 154.5

Sure hope Haniger doesn't go on the dl. That would really make things tight next week.

Thru games of April 25th:

Bronze: 1-3-2-2 --- 33/650
Silver: 7-5 --- 13/90

Payout with those finishes would be $905.

Fell back a little tonight...especially with the most important silver teams. My teams scored 93 points...which wasn't bad with only one SP going...but the other top teams killed me with Trea Turner (21 points), among others. Silver #2 team fell from 2nd all the way to 7th. That's an $875 payout drop ($1,000 to $125)...but I'm still only 38 points out of 1st place (2,085 to 2,047)...so you can see how tights things are right now.

We have said that this thing is a marathon, not a sprint.....but in a way it is also a sprint because the pressure is on every day to keep putting up points. Tonight is a good example. I went into today's games only 8 to 13 points from being in 1st place with all six of my teams...had a fairly decent scoring night and still dropped from 2nd to 7th with one silver team.

I've also had some bad luck. Picked up Strasburg expecting him to get two starts this week and now I'm hoping he will get even one start and picked up Haniger and he gets hurt right away. Just have to hang in there and find a way to minimize the damage. I'm still in a great position, but tonight certainly was a frustrating one.

Last edited:
My last move this week was to put in Thames for Turner. Wish I had them both in where as Turner had 7rbi's last night. I only had 9 as a team and got outscored by 23 teams. Still gains 3 points overall with my pitching.

Haniger on the dl. Might have to take Trout out to get all my pitchers in.

I purchased Haniger and got 2 at bats from him before he went on the DL. At least the DL has been reduced to 10 days this year....which I think is a good thing. 15 days was kind of a long time in situations where you a team needed to replace a guy on the roster but he might only have a slight injury that was not going to take half of a month to heal.

Hope Strasburg gets a start this weekend. If not that will make 7 SPs with two starts next week and I would have to waste one, because I can only have 6 SPs each week.

Back