• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I took out Goldschmidt & Arenado, but I still have Betts in my lineup. He has 7 games and those other two guys only have 6. I'm also not crazy about having Thames in there with 7 games at St Louis & Pittsburgh. Those are two pitchers' ballparks. Rizzo & Bryant have 7 games at home.

While not the hitters, my replacements are very capable of having a good week:

Schwarber 7 at home
Springer 7 with 4 at home
Bregman 7 with 4 at home
Turner 6 with 3 at home (red hot)

Losing Haniger is why Betts has to come out, too.

While not the hitters, my replacements are very capable of having a good week:

Schwarber 7 at home
Springer 7 with 4 at home
Bregman 7 with 4 at home
Turner 6 with 3 at home (red hot)

Losing Haniger is why Betts has to come out, too.

Yeah, that screws up everything. As I said, I picked him up and got exactly 2 at bats from him before he went on the DL.

Houston has dropped Bregman to 9th in the batting order. His only extra-base hits in 24 games are 5 doubles. Slugging percentage of .310 with a total of 6 RBIs. Another one of my big initial roster mistakes. (At least I dodged Schwarber. Sure wish I had Trea Turner, though.)

I took out Goldschmidt & Arenado, but I still have Betts in my lineup. He has 7 games and those other two guys only have 6. I'm also not crazy about having Thames in there with 7 games at St Louis & Pittsburgh. Those are two pitchers' ballparks. Rizzo & Bryant have 7 games at home.

While they are pitchers parks, Thames is batting .452 on the road and .286 at home. That he is seeing so many pitchers for the first time is remarkable. Makes me think they taught him plate discipline while he was in Korea. I thought he was just another flash in the pan till I watched him bat a few times.

Yeah, that screws up everything. As I said, I picked him up and got exactly 2 at bats from him before he went on the DL.

Houston has dropped Bregman to 9th in the batting order. His only extra-base hits in 24 games are 5 doubles. Slugging percentage of .310 with a total of 6 RBIs. Another one of my big initial roster mistakes. (At least I dodged Schwarber. Sure wish I had Trea Turner, though.)

I'm sure not giving up on Schwarber. I think he will warm up with the weather. He is probably not a good pick for the points game. Chicago sure loves him to make him a everyday player in spite of his poor defense, and they have made some really good decisions the last few years. If I remember correctly, you argued with me about Rizzo being a huge mistake when they declared him a franchise player, and gave him the big contract. :)

Last edited:
The Nats scored 23 runs today, and didn't even bat in the 9th inning. Rendon had more home runs, and more rbi's then my whole team. Oh, my team is batting .419

With Syndergaard hurt, I better hold on to all of my pitchers. Will hold on to Maeda (had a great start this week) and drop Sánchez for Paxton. That will be my only purchase this week.

What do you think of Judge for the Yankees?

We just got back from Winston-Salem. My granddaughter Jillian had a dance competition this afternoon at RJ Reynolds High School. Mitchell had a soccer game in Jamestown yesterday afternoon and Jillian also had a middle school spring concert Thursday night in High Point (she plays the cello)....so I've had a busy few days following the grandchildren. (Of course, there is nothing I had rather do than that!)

Now I will have to catch up on the afternoon's games and get my lineups ready for next week.

We just got back from Winston-Salem. My granddaughter Jillian had a dance competition this afternoon at RJ Reynolds High School. Mitchell had a soccer game in Jamestown yesterday afternoon and Jillian also had a middle school spring concert Thursday night in High Point (she plays the cello)....so I've had a busy few days following the grandchildren. (Of course, there is nothing I had rather do than that!)

Now I will have to catch up on the afternoon's games and get my lineups ready for next week.

I have been to High Point. Back in the 90's while visiting my sister who lived in Winston I was a avid disc golfer. My brother and I went over there to check out the disc golf course. I believe the name of the park where I played was Johnson...something. It was behind the fire department. It was a very tough course....very nice day before we headed to Atlantic beach. I sure miss those trips.

I think Syndergaard is out for at least a month. Bedrosian who knows. The new 10 day dl keeps fantasy players guessing.

I'm in 6th place but only 12 points out of first. Last time I was in 6th place I was 30+ points out of first. My team this year varies very little. I seldom gain more than a few points or lose more than a few in a given day. Not sure what to make of that since surges are normal this time of year. Have high hopes for next week with 14 starts. (probably won't get them all) I'm in a pretty good spot right now...but players got to perform even if you have good ones

1 Molten Memory 195
2 highlanders 194.5
3 Dock's No-Nos 192
4 Life of Riley 186.5
5 HoffHornets II 186
6 River Bats 183
7 Daffy 181.5

I'm in 6th place but only 12 points out of first. Last time I was in 6th place I was 30+ points out of first. My team this year varies very little. I seldom gain more than a few points or lose more than a few in a given day. Not sure what to make of that since surges are normal this time of year. Have high hopes for next week with 14 starts. (probably won't get them all) I'm in a pretty good spot right now...but players got to perform even if you have good ones

1 Molten Memory 195
2 highlanders 194.5
3 Dock's No-Nos 192
4 Life of Riley 186.5
5 HoffHornets II 186
6 River Bats 183
7 Daffy 181.5

4th place must be Life of Riley's spot. He is in both of my silver leagues and is in 4th place right now in both of them.

Thru games of April 30th:

Bronze: 3-3-3-6 --- 61/650
Silver: 8-8 --- 18/90

Payout with those finishes would be $350.

Clawing my way back just a little bit the last two days.

4th place must be Life of Riley's spot. He is in both of my silver leagues and is in 4th place right now in both of them.

He finished 4th in one of my rookie leagues last yer. (3rd in another)

1 UNDERDOG 220
2 Triple C's Club 209
3 Ughh! Braves 2016 194.5
4 Life of Riley 188.5

They now have Kershaw with just 1 start this week. He had 6 days between starts last week and will get 7 days rest this week. If I take him out and put some hitters back in they will probably pitch him Sunday. I don't know what to do.? There hasn't been any reason given for all the rest he is getting on Fantrax. Guess I better look around for an explanation.

They now have Kershaw with just 1 start this week. He had 6 days between starts last week and will get 7 days rest this week. If I take him out and put some hitters back in they will probably pitch him Sunday. I don't know what to do.? There hasn't been any reason given for all the rest he is getting on Fantrax. Guess I better look around for an explanation.

I saw that, too...but I'm not sure that I believe it. Don't know why he would need...or want...7 days of rest. At any rate, none of my other 1-start SPs have very attractive match-ups and I think the risk is too great to take Kershaw out. Deadline isn't until 7 PM so I will keep my eyes open, but right now I don't plan on doing anything with him. (Got lots of other changes, though.)

He is a -245 favorite tonight...even against Cueto. That's huge.

With Syndergaard hurt, I better hold on to all of my pitchers. Will hold on to Maeda (had a great start this week) and drop Sánchez for Paxton. That will be my only purchase this week.

What do you think of Judge for the Yankees?

Just now saw this. I don't know. Obviously, I've looked at him. His start is similar to Thames. I decided to go with Zimmerman, though, for Bird. Was thinking about dropping Santana, then he hits 2 HRs yesterday...and he is only 1190K in points, which is dirt cheap. Also, as much as I like and have talked about Jose Ramirez, I ended up switching off to Sano. He was one of the highest rated prospects a few years ago and has now seemed to get a better handle on the strike zone. Don't think he can stay above .300, but he might be closer to .270 than .220. He's getting a lot of walks and there is no doubting his power. (Got rid of Bregman. I've pretty much cleaned out my deadwood now....at the expense of a nice dent in my available purchases. This week should be interesting. I really like my entire lineup...pitching and hitting. My bench hitters are the two guys on the DL, Goldschmidt & Thames and my three Colorado hitters. Here is my lineup:

C
Hedges, Austin C - SD

C
Zunino, Mike C - SEA

1B
Rizzo, Anthony 1B - CHC

1B
Zimmerman, Ryan 1B - WAS

2B
Altuve, José 2B - HOU

2B
Murphy, Daniel 2B - WAS

3B
Bryant, Kris 3B - CHC

3B
Sanó, Miguel 3B - MIN

SS
Correa, Carlos SS - HOU

SS
Lindor, Francisco SS - CLE

OF
Benintendi, Andrew (R) OF - BOS

OF
Betts, Mookie OF - BOS

OF
Brantley, Michael OF - CLE

OF
Harper, Bryce OF - WAS

OF
Springer, George OF - HOU

OF
Trout, Mike OF - LAA

UT
Santana, Domingo OF - MIL

UT
Seager, Corey SS - LAD

SP
Bundy, Dylan SP - BAL

SP
Kershaw, Clayton SP - LAD 

SP
McCullers Jr., Lance SP - HOU

SP
Paxton, James SP - SEA

SP
Sale, Chris SP - BOS

SP
Verlander, Justin SP - DET

RP
Díaz, Edwin RP - SEA

RP
Feliz, Neftalí RP - MIL

RP
Giles, Ken RP - HOU

RP
Holland, Greg RP - COL

Right after I made my purchase I saw that Syndergaard will be out for a couple months. Not a big deal since I still have 12 pitchers. Some of the teams that haven't dropped Bumgarner, and have Syndergaard better make a move this week. You just can't afford to hold on to them for that long. Especially since there is no guarantee they will come back in 2 months, or that they will be back to ace status right away.

Zimmerman is a high risk high reward kind of guy, imo. He is cheap for two reasons, can't lay off the high fastball, and lands on the DL way too often. Again my opinion. I gave up on him a long time ago....not sure how long he has been playing first base, so that may help with injuries. Would surprise me if he plays more than 130 games.

Back