• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

A little heads up to anybody who owns Wainwright. With Garcia and Westbrook both on the dl he could easily get 2 starts next week. However, that second start would be on the road against Kershaw.

Everybody hates David Ortiz, but he continues to produce at a low price. He would be on my second season team.

David Ortiz falls in that group who are not "my kind of players" (like Prince Fielder & Adam Dunn, etc). I guess that I have an unwritten "weight limit" rule for players. LOL.

Prince isn't your type of guy? He's a little different than the other two....I love his BB:K rates, and he's a virtual lock for 30+ HR....

One of these days, that body is going to break down. What is he...something like 5'10" or so and close to 300 lbs?

....I'd much rather have Votto.

Speaking of Votto...how do you bat 3rd with a .350 average and only have 20 rbi? Dunn has more and he is batting about .177.

Speaking of Fielder...he has been money every since he came to the league, and he is pushing 30. If his body was to "break down" I don't know that you could blame it on weight at this point. He is not a DH because he is very good at first base. I can't find a flaw in his game.?

Got my ass kicked this week. I went from 6 points out of first in my rookie league to almost 30 points down. Even worse in the gold league. Oh well, when you can fall that fast it only means it's still early. I feel like I have a good roster...I'm like the Don Mattingly of fantasy baseball. :)

Well, all I can say is that I just don't like Fielder or Dunn....and neither one of them is ever going to be on my team.

That's fine. If you don't want Fielder on your team that is your choice. That your only problem with him is that he is over weight puzzles me.

I'm 40 points out of first place in my league. His roster and mine are very similar, but he has made much better decisions on deciding what pitchers to roll out. Based on the similarity of our rosters, I think it is going to be tough to catch him.

I found a way to get Verlander and Kershaw in my starting lineup. Hopefully this helps my pitching issues.

ACTIVE
Pos Player Salary
C Posey, Buster C,UT - SF 990,000
C Santana, Carlos C,UT - CLE 770,000
1B Goldschmidt, Paul 1B,UT - ARI 1,120,000
1B Votto, Joey 1B,UT - CIN 1,470,000
2B Altuve, Jose 2B,UT - HOU 980,000
2B Rutledge, Josh 2B,UT - COL 650,000
3B Cabrera, Miguel 3B,UT - DET 1,700,000
3B Wright, David 3B,UT - NYM 1,300,000
SS Castro, Starlin SS,UT - CHC 1,120,000
SS Segura, Jean SS,UT - MIL 450,000
OF Choo, Shin-Soo OF,UT - CIN 1,090,000
OF Harper, Bryce OF,UT - WAS 1,000,000
OF Jennings, Desmond OF,UT - TB 880,000
OF Marte, Starling OF,UT - PIT 550,000
OF Trout, Mike OF,UT - LAA 1,450,000
OF Upton, Justin OF,UT - ATL 1,190,000
UT Fielder, Prince 1B,UT - DET 1,520,000
UT Rizzo, Anthony 1B,UT - CHC 810,000
SP Darvish, Yu SP,P - TEX 1,000,000
SP Kershaw, Clayton SP,P - LAD 1,560,000
SP Samardzija, Jeff SP,P - CHC 710,000
SP Strasburg, Stephen SP,P - WAS 1,250,000
SP Verlander, Justin SP,P - DET 1,590,000
SP Wainwright, Adam SP,P - STL 1,100,000
RP Grilli, Jason RP,P - PIT 850,000
RP Mujica, Edward RP,P - STL 730,000
RP Nathan, Joe RP,P - TEX 1,100,000
P Scherzer, Max SP,P - DET 1,050,000
Total 29,980,000

Well, now....

Patrick Corbin just pitched a complete game at Coors Field, allowing only 1 run on 3 hits while striking out 10. He is now 7-0 with a 1.44 ERA and a 0.979 WHIP.

How's that for 550K?

We have 30 pitchers with an era under 3. I guess the steroid era is officially over. How good would Greg Maddux be against today's hitters?

I am losing a lot of starts this year. I have nine 2-start pitchers next week. My pitchers seem to stay bunched up.

I am losing a lot of starts this year. I have nine 2-start pitchers next week. My pitchers seem to stay bunched up.

Yeah it's infuriating.....I can't count how many games I've seen end 2-1 with a no decision or loss....

Rutledge optioned to AAA, and Kinsler just went on the DL.

I have noticed that Rutledge was losing starts. Planned to take him out next week, guess now he needs to be replaced.

I find myself not paying enough attention again this year. I have a bad habit of just following the box scores of my players once the season gets going. My team is playing about the same, but my numbers are dropping. I haven't adjusted like everyone else.

Rutledge optioned to AAA, and Kinsler just went on the DL.

I don't see anything out there at 2nd base unless I upgrade to a much higher price. I have been using all 3 second baseman. The best thing for me to do might be to just bring in Brown for Rutledge in the utility spot for the time being. I'm going to research 2nd baseman and see who may be coming up in the near future. (about that time of year)

Another option that would be more proactive would be to pick up Machado for Rutledge. That would be adding a 3rd third baseman and going down to 2 second baseman. That may be the best move since I am struggling to maintain my status.....which is just hanging around at best.

I don't think anyone will ever hit .400 again. If anyone could it would be Miguel Cabrera. We are still in May and he is batting .390 with 57 rbi's. Having Fielder (41 rbi's) batting behind him has made him even more dangerous.

I find myself posting to myself most of the time. Like many of the yahoo boards it's a slow death. I'm off in hopes of finding other "old timers" like myself. I wish you all good luck, success, and most of all happiness. If I meet up with any of you in another game that would be fortunate for me. I have enjoyed my time here.

I find myself posting to myself most of the time. Like many of the yahoo boards it's a slow death. I'm off in hopes of finding other "old timers" like myself. I wish you all good luck, success, and most of all happiness. If I meet up with any of you in another game that would be fortunate for me. I have enjoyed my time here.

Wait, what? You need to stick around and continue providing insight...

Well, I have more 2 start pitchers than I have spots available for this coming week....not sweet..

Just seem to be treading water lately.....hopefully all these two start pitchers will help out.

So is Buchholz out altogether this week, or just missing his first start?

Back