• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Yep, I have both in the lineup as well. I have not down myself any favors with my bench. I only have SB/R guys available to sub in for them....I might be able to sub Jennings in if the other sub is the right purchase. Davis would be a great call....probably take a look at Goldschmidt and Adam Jones as well...

I think it is safe to say that Davis has finally turned the corner. I doubt he will be able to sustain that BA. I think he will end up batting about .280-.290. That is good enough for him to continue to put up good numbers at a really cheap price.

I really don't want to screw up right now since I am just 1.5 points out of first in my rookie league. With Braun being out I had to put Hamilton in. (sure be a great time for him to get hot) Also have Harper out with both Morse/marte missing games due to injuries. The only healthy guy on my bench is Escobar, and he has to come in for Tulo. If Marte goes on the dl I may be forced to use 2 purchases.

I think it is safe to say that Davis has finally turned the corner. I doubt he will be able to sustain that BA. I think he will end up batting about .280-.290. That is good enough for him to continue to put up good numbers at a really cheap price.

I really don't want to screw up right now since I am just 1.5 points out of first in my rookie league. With Braun being out I had to put Hamilton in. (sure be a great time for him to get hot) Also have Harper out with both Morse/marte missing games due to injuries. The only healthy guy on my bench is Escobar, and he has to come in for Tulo. If Marte goes on the dl I may be forced to use 2 purchases.

Agree 100% on Davis.....purchases are getting tight, but I don't want to start dropping in production...

I had to replace Braun with Chris Davis. (using all three of my 1st basemen next week). My bench looks like General Hospital...and, of course, I only have one purchase left...which I'm not using now. And just when I cracked back into the top 50 overall. I'm 49th in the rookie leagues this morning.

My mid-season team is off to a pretty decent start....of course, the numbers don't mean anything much yet. I've been between 5th and 9th during this first week.

I know what you mean, Bud, my roster has more red flags than China. Speaking of red, my Hoosiers play the Louisville Cardinals in the college World Series tonight on ESPN. Indiana is the first Big 10 team to get this far in 29 years. I don't think IU has ever even made the regionals. Both teams took out teams that are baseball powerhouses. (Vandy and Flordia St)

Won't last long

but it is my first lead in any game since last year!

Rk Team Pts
1 River Pirates 197.5
2 CCCP 197
3 Meltime 192.5
4 Skeleton Crew 182.5
5 Northcoast 176.5

More bad news.

Not only will Clay Buchholz not get 2 starts this week, but may go on the DL. Marte will not play today. The pirates have said he will go on the DL if he was unable to play by the end of the weekend. Sure hope my few remaining players can break out of their slumps.

I've already assumed that Marte will go on the DL. I made my lineup yesterday, and he isn't in it. Nor is Buchholz...but I don't need him next week anyway. I already have all six SPs with two starts...and most of them at home.

Also, I changed my mind about Tulo. I didn't realize he was going to be out until probably the end of July. It's too late for me to "play it safe" now, and I don't need Tulo wasting a spot on my bench for the next six weeks. Also, I've been down to 11 SPs for quite awhile now, and wins is one of the categories where I could really pick up 8 to 10 points easily with not that many extra wins. I was going to go back to 12 SPs at some point....and I decided now is the time. Scherzer has two starts at home and not many people in my league have him. Also, if Segura or Cabrera miss some games, at least it will be a small dead salary, rather than an expensive one. If Tulo gets back and hits well in August, I can pick him back up with an expansion pick in the last week of August.....and with Tulo's history, that's never a sure thing, anyway.

As I've said, after using all my purchases, I actually have a roster now that is as good as anyone, in my opinion. The only difference for me is that those other teams can replace guys if they are injured, wheras I cannot. However, if I don't have two guys hurt at one position at the same time, I can still continue to move up in the standings.

I have decided not to pick up Davis this week. Not happy with my roster for next week, but I can suck it up for a week. My problem is that i have 3 outfielders hurt. (luckily Morse is playing again) If I get Davis he would have to replace Freeman or Rizzo. Davis has 6 road games while the other two have 7 games with 4 at home. That is just not a purchase-worthy move at this time, imo. So my roster is easy for next week...healthy guys in...unhealthy guys out. lol My 6 two-start pitchers is down to four. What do you/anyone think? Kershaw at SD? or Bumgarner at home against SD?

By replace I mean in the lineup, not a roster change. Lester would be the guy to go.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, until Buchholz lost his 2 starts, I was looking at leaving about a mil on the table. My other option is to keep both Kershaw/Bumgarner in and take out Lee who has a home start against the Nationals.? I guess if Strasburg has a big day he needs to be considered with a home start against a Col. team without Tulo.

Looks like you may have a close 3-team race all the way into September. Of course, there's still plenty of time for other teams to join that battle....but the three of you certainly have the upper hand right now.

I'm up to 43rd overall now. Might've moved into the 30's if the Dodgers' bullpen hadn't blown Kershaw's win & Alex Cobb hadn't got knocked out of the game by a line drive with a lead in the 5th inning. Oh well, tomorrow's another day!

Congratulations to the Hoosiers! They're off to a great start in Omaha!

It's much more than a 3-way race. I have already fell to 4th place, and I am not having a bad day.

Harvey was awful in the 8th also. Faced three batters and didn't get anyone out....and they had a 4-run lead. The bullpen didn't have to be lights-out for two innings with that big of a lead.

He was awful, but he was still probably their best option. He would have twice as many wins if not for the Mets poor hitting/bullpen. It must be frustrating for a manager as well....can hardly blame him for giving a pitcher a chance to hand it over to the closer when he is pitching great, and has been let down by his teammates all year long. The mets have 11 save for the year!...last place in BA. (I had him going, too)

He (Marte) did enter the game on Sunday. That pretty much meant he wasn't going on the dl. I started to put him in this week, but thought he could relapse. Not really a big deal...yet.

I checked to see how many teams have him in their lineup this week....and, thankfully, only a small number do. Overall, I think 1 in the top 10 and 6 of the top 25 have him active. In my league, none of the top 10 teams are using him this week.

In hindsight, I probably should have left him in. I don't really understand all your concern...it's not like he is burning it up so far this week. What is he batting...little over .200 this week?

I'm not that cocerned about it....mostly just surprised that he's playing. He started the week slowly and is only 4 for 18 for the week, but I think he stole a base yesterday and has stolen another one today. With Everth Cabrera out of my lineup, I need all the SBs I can get.

On another note: It's amazing what Justin Upton has done since the first few weeks of the season. Almost nothing. He had 12 HRs and was batting .298 at the end of April. Since then he's hitting .202 with 3 HRs & 14 RBIs in 163 at bats.

I am glad that I didn't jump on the Upton bandwagon. Thought I was going to have to pick him up after that first month. Still wouldn't surprise me if he has a nice second half.

I have to make a decision soon about what to do about my outfielders. I have Hamilton in for Braun, and that is a disaster. They are talking maybe a month now for Braun to heal, and then he may/probably will get suspended. It's not looking good for Harper as well. Davis is the guy I want, but that would be adding a 4th first baseman. Hate to do that while having only two SS/c/3B, and a injury stricken OF. I still have 7 purchases which is pretty good. I just need to use them wisely....little luck wouldn't hurt either. lol

I have Upton in this week. Didn't have too much of a choice, with Braun & Harper both out. The outfielder who I wish I had is Carlos Gomez. (I have him on my mid-season team. He's exactly the kind of player I like....does some of everything, and is cheap!)

My patience with Jay Bruce is paying off a little bit for me.

Gomez is a better value than Adam Jones...about 330k cheaper. However, at this stage of the game saving money is not as important to me. I think Jones will be my next OF. He also will be in for Braun/Hamilton who are even more expensive. I am starting to slide in HR/rbi's. SB have not been an issue for me for the first time ever. Actually leading my rookie league in SB which is mind boggling to me.

It would be a good week to Add Jones and Davis. Baltimore has 7 home games in a week where several teams only have 5 games total. Chance to have the most at bats in my league. (trying to talk myself into making a move)

Last edited:
I'm at 3-15 in my rookie league. The 15 overall is my best of the year. I haven't had a very good week so it must be bad for everyone.

It's looking now like Darvish & Buchholz will both get two starts next week, as will Bumgarner & Lee. So you're going to have more 2-start guys available than it looked like a few days ago.

That would give me 6 two-start pitchers for next week. Although, I will have to bench Wainwright and Scherzer. Those 2 guys have helped me a lot the last couple weeks. Sale has 2 starts and has been getting hit hard. Darvish strikes out a lot of batters, but is hard on my era/whip. I will go with all my 2 starters.

I can't seem to make up any ground in pitching....I must have a bunch of pitchers that are widely owned, so I'm gonna go through and sort out of few guys who are not owned by the majority of the teams....

I can't seem to make up any ground in pitching....I must have a bunch of pitchers that are widely owned, so I'm gonna go through and sort out of few guys who are not owned by the majority of the teams....

I looked at your pitching staff, and it looks pretty solid. I sure wouldn't trade a successful pitcher for someone few other teams own in hopes of gaining ground that way. A WHOLE lot of the time it comes down to having the wrong guy in at the wrong time. (that can correct itself) The best advice I ever got was from BKF who told me to keep in mind the season is a marathon. Samardzija is the only one of your pitchers I would even consider moving at this point. That is only because the Cubs really do suck again this year. You are doing great, and we are not even to the break yet. Good time for you to be patient, imo.

After looking at your lineup again, you have the same problem as I do when it comes to outfielders. Not only that, but you also don't have SS/3rd/C covered just like me. You need to be real careful with purchases right now. Your advantage is being ahead right now...mine is that I have 2 more purchases. I'm going to use at least 1 purchase this week. Lester has to go since there is no situation where I would put him in. Left him out last week with 2 starts and it was a good move. I have 14 pitchers so my plan has always been to replace pitchers with hitters. As much as Hamilton/Morse have struggled this year at least they are healthy. I think my second purchase will be Adam Jones for Braun. It is kind of a calculated risk on my part. Braun is out for probably 2 more weeks. I think that BS plans to make examples of Arod/Braun at the very least.

Back