• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

At 6-39 you have gotten yourself back in the race before the break..good job.

I do think the best advice for P and J is to allow his hitters to get healthy before he starts making major pitching changes. If he drops a few spots letting things play out it's not a big deal this time of year. Of course he is the manager, and he owns all his decisions. You are doing a great job! Congratulations!

Off Topic....

My son and his wife flew to Philadelphia this morning for a Rolling Stones concert tonight. He's a huge Stones fan....must've seen them at least 10 times or so. I think they used to be pretty good. Saw them three times myself (in three different decades...the first in 1965 when I was at Wake during their very first U.S. tour), but it's probably been around 30 years since I saw them last, in the early 80s)....and I still don't think they were ever as good as Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band.

That you went to see them in the 60's is awesome. I would have loved to seen them in the 70's or 80's. I would charge them to play in my backyard today. I was embarrassed for them when they played at the Superbowl a few years ago. The worse thing is that less than 10 percent of their tickets go on sale to the public. They along with ticket brokers/corporate executives scalp the rest of the tickets. A good friend of mine is paying $750 for Eagles tickets in Louisville and they aren't even good seats. I saw the Eagles in the mid-70's for $5.50 and the original lynyrd skynyrd backed them up.

While we are being a little off topic, let me offer this board my experience this week. I was having my taxes done, (late I know) but that is common for me. The woman doing my taxes not only went off on me, she refused to do my taxes. Seems she took exception with my charities. I happen to give more to the animal shelter than to the United Way. (about double) I mean she absolutely lost her mind! I tried to explain that animal abuses are no fault of their own while humans could sometimes help themselves. I got an apology, but it was not from her. Can anybody give me a heads up on what party/organization I offended? I was just stunned.

LOL. That's hilarious. Wonder what business she thinks it is of hers as to which charities you wish to contribute money to?

The crazy thing is, I don't give a whole lot to either organization. I just love animals, and realize that most people tend to give more to the united way, so I choose to give a little more to the animal shelter. Hope that crazy bitch doesn't find out i also volunteer! lol

Bud, how is the Northcoast team doing in your second season team doing? He is 2 points ahead of me in the gold while I am 18.5 points ahead in the rookie. That is a little odd since we are both playing the same team in each league.

>>Secondly, the competetion in these gold leagues is much tougher than in the rookie leagues. I guess that, too, stands to reason...as a guy who is going to plunk down $300 or so is going to take this stuff a lot more seriously than someone playing for $40.<<

I don't necessarily agree with you here. There are quit a few gold teams that also have rookie teams...we all do. I suspect there are some owners that can't, or choose not to pay as much to play as the rest of us. That doesn't necessarily make them weaker players. The gold league is tougher, but not as big of difference as the first year of Fantrax.

I guess my point is that you have more first-time players in the rookie leagues (far more, in fact) than you do in the gold leagues....which means, to me, that we are both saying pretty much the same thing. Yes, you have some (like us) who have teams in both....but I'd say that you have far, far fewer first-time players who have teams in only the gold leagues than you do in only the rookie leagues. (And more of what I woiuld describe as "casual" players (like Tan The Man) in the rookie leagues, too.)

I know that every year so far my Gold league winner has also won a rookie league. (Sometimes more than one) A fair thing would to put a limit on how many rears a player can play in the rookie league...say 3 years. Guess that's not really fair since it could cause players to not be able to play at all. CDM used to have that "leveling the playing field" for the second half. It didn't pay much but it gave everyone a chance along with a reason to keep playing. We should suggest something similar to Fantrax.

Well, Shelby Miller didn't help me any yesterday. Still, there are 5 teams in my league from 4th thru 8th that are within 10 total points (187 down to 177)...and 2nd & 3rd place are only 4 & 10 points above 4th. The league leader...Silver Sluggers...has opened up a good lead (he's 3rd overall).

Really need Verlander & Wainwright to be sharp today.

You also have Harvey going against Phil, right?

Seems Morse is now on the DL. Not surprising he didn't get a hit this week. He started out hot this year, and then he broke a pinky. It's been one injury after another every since. Every hitter on my taxi squad is on the dl for next week. Don't think that has ever happened before. Not only that but Hamilton is in my lineup batting .118 for the week. lol I have two pitchers hurt, and one I won't play. I have thought about just dropping Lester for Davis this week. I just don't know if I can leave Hamilton out there for another week. (nobody has him so a hot streak would really pay off) I may just let how he plays today decide for me. Even if I use 2 purchases that will leave me with 5 purchases and roster expansion for the second half.

Bell ceding to Putz (available) soon

Betancourt - avail

Chris Perez - avail

I have Bell. I need to ditch Bell soon and Putz/Betancourt/Perez are all available. Thinking Putz and lose Bell...but Betancourt and Perez appealing.

Last edited:
All 3 are just about equally owned in my gold league.

Strasburg

He has been riding everyone's pine lately. Maybe in part because of him being backed up and not getting 2 starts. If you look at his numbers he has been pretty impressive of late. A 1.28 era over the last 7 games with k9 of 9. He has a home game next week with the kid from AZ. Can't remember his name, but he has been great this year. Could be a good time to bring Strasburg back in. Just a heads up.

You also have Harvey going against Phil, right?

Seems Morse is now on the DL. Not surprising he didn't get a hit this week. He started out hot this year, and then he broke a pinky. It's been one injury after another every since. Every hitter on my taxi squad is on the dl for next week. Don't think that has ever happened before. Not only that but Hamilton is in my lineup batting .118 for the week. lol I have two pitchers hurt, and one I won't play. I have thought about just dropping Lester for Davis this week. I just don't know if I can leave Hamilton out there for another week. (nobody has him so a hot streak would really pay off) I may just let how he plays today decide for me. Even if I use 2 purchases that will leave me with 5 purchases and roster expansion for the second half.

The angels benched him before i could. Suppose that makes it easy for me. :);)

Kershaw

He has not been the best pitcher lately. However, I think he is still the best pitcher in baseball today. He has a home start, and I am hoping/thinking many teams won't be able to afford him next week. I have a really nice lineup for next week...hopefully it will pay off.

ACTIVE
Pos Player Salary
C Napoli, Mike C,UT - BOS 760,000
C Posey, Buster C,UT - SF 990,000
1B Freeman, Freddie 1B,UT - ATL 1,090,000
1B Votto, Joey 1B,UT - CIN 1,470,000
2B Altuve, Jose 2B,UT - HOU 980,000
2B Cano, Robinson 2B,UT - NYY 1,530,000
3B Cabrera, Miguel 3B,UT - DET 1,700,000
3B Longoria, Evan 3B,UT - TB 1,250,000
SS Escobar, Alcides SS,UT - KC 900,000
SS Segura, Jean SS,UT - MIL 450,000
OF Brown, Domonic OF,UT - PHI 480,000
OF Ellsbury, Jacoby OF,UT - BOS 1,030,000
OF Gonzalez, Carlos OF,UT - COL 1,360,000
OF Jones, Adam OF,UT - BAL 1,250,000
OF Marte, Starling OF,UT - PIT 550,000
OF Trout, Mike OF,UT - LAA 1,450,000
UT Davis, Chris 1B,UT - BAL 890,000
UT Machado, Manny 3B,UT - BAL 560,000
SP Bumgarner, Madison SP,P - SF 1,200,000
SP Darvish, Yu SP,P - TEX 1,000,000
SP Gonzalez, Gio SP,P - WAS 1,240,000
SP Kershaw, Clayton SP,P - LAD 1,560,000
SP Lee, Cliff SP,P - PHI 1,170,000
SP Sale, Chris SP,P - CHW 1,090,000
RP Grilli, Jason RP,P - PIT 850,000
RP Romo, Sergio RP,P - SF 1,050,000
RP Soriano, Rafael RP,P - WAS 1,020,000
P Chapman, Aroldis SP,P - CIN 1,110,000
Total 29,980,000

RESERVE
Player Salary
Rizzo, Anthony 1B,UT - CHC 810,000
Tulowitzki, Troy SS,UT - COL 1,270,000
Braun, Ryan OF,UT - MIL 1,710,000
Hamilton, Josh OF,UT - LAA 1,470,000
Harper, Bryce OF,UT - WAS 1,000,000
Buchholz, Clay SP,P - BOS 760,000
Cobb, Alex SP,P - TB 680,000
Harvey, Matt SP,P - NYM 720,000
Hernandez, Felix SP,P - SEA 1,250,000
Scherzer, Max SP,P - DET 1,050,000
Strasburg, Stephen SP,P - WAS 1,250,000
Wainwright, Adam SP,P - STL 1,100,000
Total 13,070,000

My RP/closers have destroyed all my gains of the week. This game can be so frustrating.

Thanks for the input, guys.....think I agree, and am gonna sit tight...

I got beat down by Grilli also....

Thanks Bob.

I am messing around with mock drafts on Fantrax - great site. All my other fantasy teams are on espn/nfl.com.

Complete newbie...but I won my nfl leagues last year going away, finished 2/3 in my nba leagues and sit at 3/4 in mlb right now. Only have time to manage 2 teams per season.

- I've got Aaron Hill coming off the DL tomorrow. Got to find a spot for him and have Frazier, DeAza and Reddick on the potential release block - must make room for Hill.

- Also, hanging onto LuCroy even though McCann is sitting there available. Making gains, but interesting next few days and weeks.

- Frieri hurt me yesterday.

New precinct reporting. Good! Always nice to get input from more guys. Complacent, are you playing with Fantrax, or in another fantasy game somewhere? Regardless, it's good to hear from you!

Exact same situation tonight. Harvey has a 4-1 lead after 7. He's only given up 3 hits with 0 walks and has 11 strikeouts....and he has thrown 109 pitches. Wonder if the Mets will bring him out for the 8th?

ETA: Well, ace, I guess you were right. They took him out this time....and the Mets' pen promptly gave up three runs in the 8th to cost Harvey the win. That has to be hugely disappointing for Harvey (and all his fantasy owners).....he's keeps pitching his butt off and the Mets' relievers keep blowing his wins.

That was really a disaster last night for the Mets. They had 4 different relievers give up runs including the closer. I think they should have left Aardsma in even though he had given up a run. He has been by far their best reliever. They have to find a way to get from starter to closer. Parnell gave up 2 also, but was probably shook up by the time he got in the game.

I dropped 10 points in my gold league yesterday even with great hitting numbers. 65 28 15 3 17 3 .431
I didn't have any pitchers going so Harvey/Scherzer must have caused me to fall back. Hopefully some of that will come back with 5 starts this weekend.

Also, the Nats didn't give the ball to Soriano so we didn't get the save in that game either. The same situation with me with Grilli the other night.

Back