• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I had him on the bench as well.....damn you Ellsbury!

Is ace really gone? There are more people involved in this thread than last year....gonna miss his insight and analysis....

Eta...

I'm gonna need to address saves soon. I have been rolling with 3 closers all year and it's been fine until recently. I've had to because I've been behind in K and W, but now I'm slipping in Saves as well....17th place, but only 12 saves out of first, so it's really bunched up..

Last edited:
You seem to be making moves Bob.....long season, and a lot of baseball yet to be played...

Yeah I'm pretty happy with where my rookie team is at, just need to pay attention and keep making the right moves. This is where I wish Ace was still here. He seems to have one philosophy, and you another, and both work.....so when discussing new additions, it's nice to hear what both of you think....

Oh well, it is what it is.....I think I'm gonna have to add Chris Davis. He hasn't cooled down like Upton has, and I can't miss the boat entirely like I did with Trout last year....that killed me.

These possible suspensions are gonna hurt me, if they actually happen...

I'm not sure who all the potential players are, but Everth Cabrera & Ryan Braun are the only ones on my team, as far as I know. Also, from what I read, there will be appeals and delays, so nothing is going to happen anytime soon. I wasn't going to get Braun on my mid-season team anyway, but I do have Cabrera as one of my three shortstops. Maybe there will be some more news before Monday's deadline.

(4 HRs so far today, including ones from little-owned David Wright & Domonic Brown...whom I just picked back up after dropping earlier this year. And a great start thru five innings from Alex Cobb at Detroit. Has me all the way up to 7-55 right now.)

Crazy game going on in Seattle. Scoreless thru 13 innings.....then both teams score 5 in the 14th!

Players allegedly connected to Biogenesis:
■Ryan Braun, Brewers
■Everth Cabrera, Padres
■Melky Cabrera, Blue Jays
■Francisco Cervelli, Yankees
■Bartolo Colon, A’s
■Nelson Cruz, Rangers
■Fautino de los Santos, free agent
■Gio Gonzalez, Nationals
■Yasmani Grandal, Padres
■Fernando Martinez, Astros
■Jesus Montero, Mariners
■Jordan Norberto, free agent
■Jhonny Peralta, Tigers
■Cesar Puello*, Mets
■Alex Rodriguez, Yankees

Cano has also been mentioned. I think that Gio and Cano are safe. To lose those two along with Braun would devastate my team/s. Braun would not be that big of deal. He is not having a bad year, but is being out preformed by 480k D. Brown. I wanted to make at least 1 move this week. With all of this going on my purchases have become even more precious. The guy who says he will testify for MLB has already asked ARod for money. Baseball is obviously offering him a package, so his credibility will surely be questioned.

This roster is only 41.24M...about 2M less than my full-season roster...and I think it's superior to the higher-priced one. That's the advantage of two months' hindsight and watching the sleepers who have had breakout years so far. I'm pretty much set at 1B, 2B, SS & Closer. I'm definitely getting Posey as one catcher, but I've also looked at Molina, Santana & Mauer as well as Gattis & Napoli. At 3B I've considered Longoria for Wright and Donaldson for Machado. There are 2 or 3 other outfielders I've looked at, and 2 or 3 SPs outside the 12 on this roster.

Pos Player Salary
C Gattis, Evan C,UT - ATL 700,000
C Napoli, Mike C,UT - BOS 760,000
1B Davis, Chris 1B,UT - BAL 890,000
1B Votto, Joey 1B,UT - CIN 1,470,000
2B Pedroia, Dustin 2B,UT - BOS 1,210,000
2B Phillips, Brandon 2B,UT - CIN 1,180,000
3B Cabrera, Miguel 3B,UT - DET 1,700,000
3B Wright, David 3B,UT - NYM 1,300,000
SS Segura, Jean SS,UT - MIL 450,000
SS Tulowitzki, Troy SS,UT - COL 1,270,000
OF Brown, Domonic OF,UT - PHI 480,000
OF Ellsbury, Jacoby OF,UT - BOS 1,030,000
OF Gonzalez, Carlos OF,UT - COL 1,360,000
OF Jones, Adam OF,UT - BAL 1,250,000
OF McCutchen, Andrew OF,UT - PIT 1,550,000
OF Trout, Mike OF,UT - LAA 1,450,000
UT Encarnacion, Edwin 1B,UT - TOR 1,300,000
UT Machado, Manny 3B,UT - BAL 560,000
SP Corbin, Patrick SP,P - ARI 550,000
SP Harvey, Matt SP,P - NYM 720,000
SP Iwakuma, Hisashi SP,P - SEA 720,000
SP Kershaw, Clayton SP,P - LAD 1,560,000
SP Miller, Shelby SP,P - STL 640,000
SP Minor, Mike SP,P - ATL 770,000
RP Grilli, Jason RP,P - PIT 850,000
RP Kimbrel, Craig RP,P - ATL 1,300,000
RP Mujica, Edward RP,P - STL 730,000
P Chapman, Aroldis SP,P - CIN 1,110,000
Total 28,860,000

RESERVE
Player Salary
Posey, Buster C,UT - SF 990,000
Goldschmidt, Paul 1B,UT - ARI 1,120,000
Cano, Robinson 2B,UT - NYY 1,530,000
Cabrera, Everth SS,UT - SD 620,000
Fowler, Dexter OF,UT - COL 870,000
Gomez, Carlos OF,UT - MIL 920,000
Buchholz, Clay SP,P - BOS 760,000
Darvish, Yu SP,P - TEX 1,000,000
Hernandez, Felix SP,P - SEA 1,250,000
Lee, Cliff SP,P - PHI 1,170,000
Scherzer, Max SP,P - DET 1,050,000
Wainwright, Adam SP,P - STL 1,100,000
Total 12,380,000

That is an incredible lineup. I do wonder if Votto is worth the money. Great average and lots of runs scored, but at a steep price. His other numbers seem to be fading. I realize you have lots of money to spend. He just seems to be like Braun....good numbers at an inflated price.

This roster is only 41.24M...about 2M less than my full-season roster...and I think it's superior to the higher-priced one. That's the advantage of two months' hindsight and watching the sleepers who have had breakout years so far. I'm pretty much set at 1B, 2B, SS & Closer. I'm definitely getting Posey as one catcher, but I've also looked at Molina, Santana & Mauer as well as Gattis & Napoli. At 3B I've considered Longoria for Wright and Donaldson for Machado. There are 2 or 3 other outfielders I've looked at, and 2 or 3 SPs outside the 12 on this roster.

Pos Player Salary
C Gattis, Evan C,UT - ATL 700,000
C Napoli, Mike C,UT - BOS 760,000
1B Davis, Chris 1B,UT - BAL 890,000
1B Votto, Joey 1B,UT - CIN 1,470,000
2B Pedroia, Dustin 2B,UT - BOS 1,210,000
2B Phillips, Brandon 2B,UT - CIN 1,180,000
3B Cabrera, Miguel 3B,UT - DET 1,700,000
3B Wright, David 3B,UT - NYM 1,300,000
SS Segura, Jean SS,UT - MIL 450,000
SS Tulowitzki, Troy SS,UT - COL 1,270,000
OF Brown, Domonic OF,UT - PHI 480,000
OF Ellsbury, Jacoby OF,UT - BOS 1,030,000
OF Gonzalez, Carlos OF,UT - COL 1,360,000
OF Jones, Adam OF,UT - BAL 1,250,000
OF McCutchen, Andrew OF,UT - PIT 1,550,000
OF Trout, Mike OF,UT - LAA 1,450,000
UT Encarnacion, Edwin 1B,UT - TOR 1,300,000
UT Machado, Manny 3B,UT - BAL 560,000
SP Corbin, Patrick SP,P - ARI 550,000
SP Harvey, Matt SP,P - NYM 720,000
SP Iwakuma, Hisashi SP,P - SEA 720,000
SP Kershaw, Clayton SP,P - LAD 1,560,000
SP Miller, Shelby SP,P - STL 640,000
SP Minor, Mike SP,P - ATL 770,000
RP Grilli, Jason RP,P - PIT 850,000
RP Kimbrel, Craig RP,P - ATL 1,300,000
RP Mujica, Edward RP,P - STL 730,000
P Chapman, Aroldis SP,P - CIN 1,110,000
Total 28,860,000

RESERVE
Player Salary
Posey, Buster C,UT - SF 990,000
Goldschmidt, Paul 1B,UT - ARI 1,120,000
Cano, Robinson 2B,UT - NYY 1,530,000
Cabrera, Everth SS,UT - SD 620,000
Fowler, Dexter OF,UT - COL 870,000
Gomez, Carlos OF,UT - MIL 920,000
Buchholz, Clay SP,P - BOS 760,000
Darvish, Yu SP,P - TEX 1,000,000
Hernandez, Felix SP,P - SEA 1,250,000
Lee, Cliff SP,P - PHI 1,170,000
Scherzer, Max SP,P - DET 1,050,000
Wainwright, Adam SP,P - STL 1,100,000
Total 12,380,000

If you would like to take a shot at someone no one else will have, then Gerrit Cole (SP) 500k for Pittsburgh might be your man. He is their top pitching prospect and will be called up next week for 2 starts. Just thought I would mention it. I like taking chances like that because it makes it more fun. :)

The cream usually rises to the top. Some of those cheap pitchers are going to fade. Even pitching well, Harvey has 8 straight no-decisions. The Mets simply have little offense. Having 2 pitchers for Seattle is a little risky, too...they can't score either. I like Corbin/Miller the best of your cheap pitchers. They can struggle some, and their teams will still get them the wins. I think Cobb has been a nice sleeper this year. Like you have said, you have plenty of money to work with, so you can weed out the guys who may run out of gas. I'm not suggesting you change your pitchers, after all, they are all still preforming well. I do think your first purchases will be for starting pitchers. No way all those guys make it...but that is to be expected. I like your team.

The Hoosiers are about to start! Win today and they go to their first ever college World Series!

Hoosiers take out Florida State! Moving on to the college World Series! Sorry to be off topic, but this is a first for me and my Hoosiers. I never followed the Indiana baseball team because we always sucked. They are the first Big 10 team to reach the college world series in almost 30 years, so it is a big deal.

My Mid-Season League (#1) is full. Do any of these teams "ring a bell"?

splintered splendor
eeejackets
YAZBAZ I
Who Cares
Those We Don't Speak Of
Stick Time
Rookie
Ride The River
Reeder's Five Tool Stars
Rbear
Northcoast
Lunatic Fringe
Hyler's Heroes
GrandSlam
Funnies
EJ's hope
Double Trouble
Diamond Gems
Chavez
COLDPLAY
Bow Tie Daddy
Bob Knight Fan
Becketts
Armed
8horseshoe

Northcoast is in both of my leagues this year. Last year was his first year, and he won his rookie league, and was second overall. I am currently a half point ahead of him in the rookie league.
Rk Team Pts
1 Meltime 196
2 CCCP 195
3 Skeleton Crew 184
4 River Pirates 179
5 Northcoast 178.5

Diamond Gems sounds real familiar. He was in the mix in one of my leagues...can't recall which one or what year.

Have a pretty tough team in my Gold named "Reed Between The Lines," so I would guess "Reeder's Five Tool Stars" is his....

"Bow Tie Daddy" finished middle of the pack (my league) in what was called the "all star' league a couple years ago.

I think he got off to a great start and ran out of gas the last month or so...happens. I need to keep reminding myself. The pressure is really on the leaders, not those of us who are still in the hunt.

Last edited:
Odd stat...I am second in my Rookie league in both HR's and SB. That doesn't happen very often.

Wish I had Jennings in this week.....but it's pitching that I need to make the most room up in anyway...

Yasiel Puig

Is he the real deal (like Trout) or will they find a hole in his swing?

No, you don't.....RBI and R high as well?

second in runs, and 4th in rbi's. My rookie league looks a little soft so far this year, but that can change. I am 3-22 as of this mourning in a pretty tight race.

Rk Team Pts
1 CCCP 195.5
2 Meltime 191.5
3 River Pirates 185
4 Skeleton Crew 181.5
5 Northcoast 180.5

What to do about Tulo?

I think I might stash him. I am still at 14 pitchers which is 2 more than I wanted to carry. Dropping Lester for Chris Davis would/should fill Tulo's numbers. This is the kind of situation I hoped to take advantage of........however, there are a lot of red flags for everyone right now.

In my situation, I don't consider this to be a particularly big problem. Segura & Cabrera are a great SS combo, and I don't think Tulo's injury is all that bad, is it? Just a 15-day DL thing? If so, I don't think it's that big of a deal.....to me, at least. If Braun is back in the Brewers' lineup by Sunday, I'll just stick him in at DH for Tulo.

Those two are good for the money, and will steal a lot of bases. It is a big drop off in HR/rbi's. Tulo has almost as many rbi's as those two combined. I need a player that covers his categories. There is just no one else at the SS position anymore other than him.

They said he would be out 4-6 weeks. You really can't do anything with a broken rib, so he will be out of baseball shape when he heals.

Braun is headed to the dl as well.

Last edited:
Those two are good for the money, and will steal a lot of bases. It is a big drop off in HR/rbi's. Tulo has almost as many rbi's as those two combined. I need a player that covers his categories. There is just no one else at the SS position anymore other than him.

They said he would be out 4-6 weeks. You really can't do anything with a broken rib, so he will be out of baseball shape when he heals.

Braun is headed to the dl as well.

Yep, I have both in the lineup as well. I have not down myself any favors with my bench. I only have SB/R guys available to sub in for them....I might be able to sub Jennings in if the other sub is the right purchase. Davis would be a great call....probably take a look at Goldschmidt and Adam Jones as well...

Back