• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

IF [Redacted] isn't canned this ad should be on billboards all over Winston at the beginning of football season. Love this!

I compiled all the ads together:

1bWlNC5.jpg

y199u.jpg

111lc9f.jpg

34xl6xs.jpg

This ad shines the spotlight even brighter on the fact Gaudio was canned primarily for reasons unrelated to wins and losses and makes it easier to spin the "culture change" narrative.

This ad shines the spotlight even brighter on the fact Gaudio was canned primarily for reasons unrelated to wins and losses and makes it easier to spin the "culture change" narrative.

Or it shines the spotlight on Ron Wellman's flagrant hypocrisy in how he has handled every aspect of the [Redacted] situation.

I'd like to get a picture of Wellman's calendar on a given day.

6:00 am wake up and Yoga
6:20 am write in journal and make a note to tell [Redacted] about new Yoga position
6:30 am eat Kashi cereal
7:00 am walk dogs and pick up poop

Helpful edit:

7:00 am:
- Walk Buzz
- Smile as he Bzfecates in the front yard of each Wake fan's yard up and down the street
- Slip a note under each front door and call each Wake fan from cell phone asking for donations
- When Wake fans come out, see what's in their yards and am met with an outcry as to the Bzfecation:

1) Deny it is there
2) Claim that it was left by Fred Flintstone's dog
2a) Simultaneously claim that it's not crap, it's culture
3) Profit

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I sort of agree with Brad here. Wellman's going to have a go-to defense for this ad, unlike anything he could have gone to in response to the previous three, and that go-to is going to be the culture narrative.

I like the ad, and it's definitely provocative. It does, as LK says, shine the spotlight on Wellman's hypocrisy, and it does so wonderfully. But it's also going to allow RW to continue to rewrite history. If someone asks him about those "disappointments" under Gaudio, all he has to do is say that they weren't necessarily related to results on the court, and the entire ad is undermined.

Or it shines the spotlight on Ron Wellman's flagrant hypocrisy in how he has handled every aspect of the [Redacted] situation.

Exactly. Dino never swore at opposing fans or blamed the players either.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I sort of agree with Brad here. Wellman's going to have a go-to defense for this ad, unlike anything he could have gone to in response to the previous three, and that go-to is going to be the culture narrative.

I like the ad, and it's definitely provocative. It does, as LK says, shine the spotlight on Wellman's hypocrisy, and it does so wonderfully. But it's also going to allow RW to continue to rewrite history. If someone asks him about those "disappointments" under Gaudio, all he has to do is say that they weren't necessarily related to results on the court, and the entire ad is undermined.

I don't think that will fly. It also does not provide any defensible reason to retain Bz.

Now that all four ads have been published.... I want to say a huge THANK YOU from myself, strattocaster and vt. We couldn't have done this without you and the boards..

Again, lets spread this shit. This one HAS to blow up.

This. The hypocrisy angle would work if the "3 year pattern" statement from RW directly referenced wins and losses on the court.

But it doesn't.

This. The hypocrisy angle would work if the "3 year pattern" statement from RW directly referenced wins and losses on the court.

But it doesn't.

Incorrect.

From the 2010 press conference (bolded emphasis mine):
When you look at Dino's record, his overall record, his 60 and 31, I believe. His ACC record is over 500. He graduates his players. So it certainly appears to be a decision that was difficult, and I assure you that it was. The basis of the decision was our late season and post season performance. And we have just not performed up to the level that we expect our programs to perform. Last year at this time, I think, you'll recall that we talked about how we wanted to find a way to improve our late season performances. And, in fact, we did not meet that goal sufficiently. The last three years, in February and March, we have been 16 and 17. In March we've been 4 and 7. The ACC tournament, we've not had much success there, or any success the last three years and against the lower seeded teams, the teams that we were probably favored to win. The NCAA tournament, we certainly won or went to the NCAA tournament the last two years, which was great. But, of course, we ran into a No. 13 seed last year with a difficult result, and then this year had a good win against Texas and then the game against Kentucky. All in all, you look at every conceivable statistic that you can when making an evaluation like this, in comparing the regular season statistics up to February, and then after February there was a significant decline in every statistical category from February on. And even more significant after, in the post season, I should say. So to rectify that problem, there were a couple of avenues that were possibilities, of course, and that was trying to work with the current staff to rectify the problem, which we certainly did this last year, or to make a change and seek new direction. Obviously I have chosen the latter approach. Dino has done a very good job in many areas. And as I reflect upon his career at Wake Forest, he's been here for 10 years, and he handled as difficult a situation as could as there was in college basketball three years ago when he replaced Skip Prosser, his good friend and mentor. I stand by what I said that year, and that is that no one could have done a better job that year of combining honoring Skip and making the team his own. So I am very, very appreciative of the way Dino handled that and very appreciative of his years with us as an assistant coach and our head coach.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040710aad.html

If he meant something else he should have said something else.

Then. Not later when his plan failed.

understand the sentiment, but I don't think it's the worst thing to pull Wellman into the Culture debate as he has culpability over the whole period and there are subsequent events post Bzzz. I don't think I'd want to be in his shoes debating this one, and if anything he should worry that the media can be armed with facts --- I wouldn't want to be in Wellman's shoe's period.

It matters if you are local and close to Wake, if you are national and have no clue about the culture argument it doesn't matter. Andy Katz thinks firing Bzz was the wrong decision, I doubt he gives a crap about Wellman's culture argument. Most in the national media would just look at Bzz's record and say 'why is this guy still there', no matter what Dino did.

Back