• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

DROY finalist!

It'll be Anderson in a landslide. Anderson has been legitimately very good, but he's gotten WAY more pub and credit in Houston's playoff run than Kobe has. When it really should be a close race between Anderson and Turner.

He's been with them since November 2022. That's good stability. If I remember correctly, he had been planning to give up on football after the 2022 preseason.

he's gonna do like he always does and score 3 TDs in the last preseason game then get cut the next day

He's been with them since November 2022. That's good stability. If I remember correctly, he had been planning to give up on football after the 2022 preseason.
Thought he was cut in preseason this year and never resigned. Good that he was on the practice squad for 2 months after that. Glad to see. He is a grinder for sure. Would love to see him get some shining moments like Dortch finally did for sticking with it.

Amazing that the potential defensive rookie of the year could get 9 sacks as an NFL rookie, but only 2 at Wake, then again he wasn’t playing next to Aaron Donald at Wake.
Saying Turner had 2 sacks at WF doesn't tell the full story of Kobe's 2022 season at WF:

Named Second-Team All-ACC by the AP and Third Team All-ACC by the league media and coaches…Posted a 92.2 PFF rating, the second-highest rating by a Power-5 defensive player…Finished the season with 38 total tackles including 21 solo tackles and 17 assisted tackles while also having 10.0 tackles for loss and 2.0 sacks…

Generally DTs don't get a ton of sacks.

FWIW, Idzik spent his freshman year at Lehigh, and then his last three years at WF. He is a WF grad. Brad's father and grandfather both coached in the NFL. His dad was also an NFL executive with several teams.

Caelen Carson and Malik Mustapha at the Senior Bowl, but Carson is apparently a scratch from the roster.

Last edited:
FWIW, Idzik spent his freshman year at Lehigh, and then his last three years at WF. He is a WF grad. Brad's father and grandfather both coached in the NFL. His dad was also an NFL executive with several teams.
Did he ever play a down at Wake? Never heard of him and I follow Deacs fairly closely.

I didn't see the game. Did Mustapha do anything worth mention ?

Edit:
Looks like he didn't play. I guess he felt like he showed out well enough in practice that he will likely be a Day 3 pick.

I didn't see the game. Did Mustapha do anything worth mention ?

Edit:
Looks like he didn't play. I guess he felt like he showed out well enough in practice that he will likely be a Day 3 pick.

Few watch the game. Many of the scouts leave after the Tue-Thu practices, and bunch of the players only do the practices and interviews. I read a bunch of reviews of the risers and fallers, and I didn't see Mustapha mentioned as either. And his status didn't change much on GBN's updated board. He seems to be seen as a mid day 3 pick and Carson an early day 3.

Think this qualifies as WF in the NFL; Hartman was invited to the combine too...

FWIW, Hartman was in Las Vegas making the rounds at radio row during pre-super bowl week (and getting paid for it). Even if Sam never takes an NFL snap, he's done pretty well for himself...

Back