• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Big question is whether Sam is going to continue to be "Notre Dame " or Wake Forest.

Big question is whether Sam is going to continue to be "Notre Dame " or Wake Forest.
It should be based on where they got their undergrad degree from, but usually it just ends up being where they were last. Considering Sammy is already doing Turbotax ads, I think he will be fine in either case.

I'd be pretty surprised if Hartman chooses to say Notre Dame over Wake Forest during the player intro things, but I'd also be pretty surprised if Hartman is ever in a position to regularly be starting games and having one of those player intro things.

yeah but with the way QBs get injured and you look at the backups who have started in recent years, not at all out of the realm of possibility for Hartman to start one or even multiple games

I'd be pretty surprised if Hartman chooses to say Notre Dame over Wake Forest during the player intro things, but I'd also be pretty surprised if Hartman is ever in a position to regularly be starting games and having one of those player intro things.
This. Pretty much all his traits are average at best. If he wants to go for it, I think he might be able to stick on as a 3rd string practice squad type of guy, and 2nd string is his absolute ceiling. Niners would be the perfect destination for him.

This. Pretty much all his traits are average at best. If he wants to go for it, I think he might be able to stick on as a 3rd string practice squad type of guy, and 2nd string is his absolute ceiling. Niners would be the perfect destination for him.
Niners would be a perfect destination for most QBs.
Is Wolford or Hartman a better pro prospect coming out? Wolford has made it pretty long into a NFL career, should be close to getting a pension by now.

Hartman was invited to the Senior Bowl and the combine. Could be wrong, but don't remember Wolford being invited to either. So, I guess Hartman would be considered the better prospect coming out of college. That said, Wolford has compiled the following stats:

7 career games played
4 career regular season starts
1 career playoff start
2 wins as a regular season starting QB
1 win as a playoff QB
626 passing yards
87 rushing yards

I would take the under for Hartman for his career NFL totals for each of those.

Only 3 Deacs in the UFL based on a quick search of the official rosters:

LB Marquel Lee - Arlington
TE Sage Surratt - Memphis
RB Matt Colburn - Michigan

One of the PFF draft projections has Malik Mustapha going to the Bills in the 5th round.

CB Eric King was only with the Bills for a season about 20 years ago.

Back