• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Deac John Currie acts like a douchebag

They cannot get the scholarship they need to pay for school.

Their contract expires. It's not in force. I agree they shouldn't be tampered with, but there was no tampering. I agree they should sit out. I also agree about transferring within the conference.

But to deny her the ability to get at a non-conference opponent when they know those schools have never contacted her is disgraceful. It should be illegal.

Like most slave owners, they treat her as their property not as a human being. There is no justification for not allowing her to get a scholarship a non-conference school.

They can get scholarships just like other students to pay for school.

Why should she be restricted from going to another school in conference. This student may only have familiarity with one region of the country and the right fit might be near by. Why should she be limited as a student from going to the best school for her to get an education?

We're never going to agree about this. There's no sense going further.

The person at the center of this is a Deac and many want him to be our next Athletic Director.

It is both a Wake topic and a Wake sports topic.

The person at the center of this is a Deac and many want him to be our next Athletic Director.

It is both a Wake topic and a Wake sports topic.

I agree. I think you have to put the student first. The program will live on. This is spiteful and repugnant.

Transfers are a problem for college athletic programs, but penalizing student athletes is probably (definitely) the wrong response. Leagues and the NCAA should punish coaches for tampering, not players. Also, athletic scholarships are not charity cases. Student athletes earn their scholarships, and in the case of transfers they are earning their scholarship at their new destination.

Meh, woman's basketball player, makes no money for the school it would be like one of your worst employees wanting to leave but doing anything in your power to retain them. Just let her go.

She averaged 14/5/5 and was unanimous All-Freshman team and All-Big XII second team on a 5-13 team. I can see why they want to keep her. Not that it should matter, of course.

You pick a school not a coach is the biggest bunch of bullshit perpetrated by those in powe to protect their narrow interess unless you are a cross country runner and even then it is suspect. The average athlete picks both and should have the right to move more freely. Where is Curt Flood when you need him?

Don't know who Curt Flood is, but if there's a bigger crock of unfair bullshit than "you pick a school not a coach" then I'm completely unaware

Curt Flood is the baseball player that ushered free agency into that sport.

. . . if there's a bigger crock of unfair bullshit than "you pick a school not a coach" then I'm completely unaware

Especially given how much schools are willing to pay for coaching talent.

Back