• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

yep. barely 6 and the entire landscape has changed. i bet the conferences realign again, and the non performers and ncaa are left holding their respective dicks.

940x.jpg

Reactions: Ayo
Exactly. Think about it like this. Disney is killing it with Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney Animation, the Parks and ESPN is still hurting their bottom line because they've overpaid for content. The next big conference restructuring could be to trim the fat to be more attractive for what may be smaller TV deals.

yep, unfortunately Nathan Hatch, who is ultimately the author of this debacle, would get to name his successor, and Hatch obviously will not tolerate winning in revenue sports

yep, unfortunately Nathan Hatch, who is ultimately the author of this debacle, would get to name his successor, and Hatch obviously will not tolerate winning in revenue sports

the authors are the big donors

That's not really fair. Some of those schools have been to the tourney more recently than we have. Off the top of my head I think Morehead State and New Mexico have won a tourney game since our last appearance.

Quite a few of them have appeared in the tourney since us: Fresno St., Morehead St., Ohio, Belmont, Montana, Weber St., Old Dominion, UNC Asheville, Green Bay, New Mexico, and Northeastern.

Hard to really call them a peer group. I know those teams are in conferences where it's easier to get an automatic bid than in the ACC... but they still have better tournament resumes than we do. What else really matters in college basketball?

While other teams have their RPI tourney resumes, we've have yet another RIP season. :(

I am just connecting the dots here but I assume it has to be about wellman.

They showed the cal rant from last night. Then Dino chimed in on how they need basketball guys on the committee. "Said there are only 2 Bball guys total on the committee and said how there are 8 for the football playoff. Then said he was in a room one time with 4 people in a campus office. A gentlemen said I don't know much about basketball, I know a lot about organization , management and budgets. 4 years later he is on the committee. 4 years after that he is the chair of the committee. He was right, he doesn't know much about basketball. You have to have basketball guys on the committee."

From TUA (not Ayo) on College BBall thread. Dino went to town on Wellman.

Last edited:
That was verbatim as well. I went back and rewound it multiple times to get everything typed out. I heard it while my son was falling asleep on me, and I was like did I just hear that correctly? Good for you Dino.

It was a round table discussion after they showed the Cal rant from Sunday night. Then they had Dino, Corey Alexander, Obama's brother in-law (whom was [Redacted] level shit as a head coach), and Welsh (the old slick Providence coach).

I'm feeling like the thread title could be

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN, NATHAN HATCH, BOT AND ENABLERS

Then again, ronnie is such a smug asshole he deserves lots of attention.

we should have some money to pay off manning and hire the next coach

we should have some money to pay off manning and hire the next coach

one huge problem with that idea - Ronald would still be in charge of hiring Manning's predecessor and for me, i would rather keep manning another year and take my chances than give Ronnie another change to f up our bball program even more.

I still think this thread should be pasted at the top of the boards so it's title is the first thing the AD and his minions see when they open this board and snoop. The FURW thread should never slip off the top half of the first page.

Back