• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fundraiser: Let's bring Gregg Marshall to Wake Forest, or something

Casstevens is all bitcoin these days. Plus he likes some African currencies for their stability. Don't want none of that inflation thing.

if Wake fire [Redacted] it does not matter if they hire Marshall or another energetic coach. They will no longer lose $80,000 per game. The Deacon base will rally, the Joel will be rocking, and for the bean counters, the green will come in.

Keep [Redacted] and empty stadiums and losing even more per game. People will boycott games. Will not surprise me to see people picket the stadium as if on strike

I really wonder what the honeymoon period would be like for a new coach. Bz got 17 wins with these players, has a few coming back for depth and a new point guard coming in. If a new coach only gets 18 wins, how quickly will the crowd turn on him?

18 wins with next years crew will be impressive.

We won 17 this year and still underachieved based on the talent that we have.

People are underestimating how good this team could be with a competent coach.

I'm not talking a #1 seed in the NCAAT by any means, but an 8-10 seed should certainly be attainable next season imo.

no reason that this team cannot finish in the top half of the ACC next year and get a NCAA tournament bid. No reason assuming that we have a coach

Who do we have that can make an outside shot?

I realize we have a terrible coach, but those of you that are so sold on our talent are delusional. A backcourt that can't shoot, a frontcourt that can't rebound and most of them can't even make free throws. We my have one or two that would actually get much playing time for an upper tier ACC team; and the competition gets tougher. Of course the players we have were recruited by BZZ so that's on him too.

I realize we have a terrible coach, but those of you that are so sold on our talent are delusional. A backcourt that can't shoot, a frontcourt that can't rebound and most of them can't even make free throws. We my have one or two that would actually get much playing time for an upper tier ACC team; and the competition gets tougher. Of course the players we have were recruited by BZZ so that's on him too.

We can be a middle of the road team next year. Possible bubble / definite Nit. It a depends on the hire. Hire Marshall and we make the tourney.

cav, moto, cmm and thomas (provided he gets his head out of his ass) are certainly a good enough core to be mediocre.

my definition of mediocre is a bubble team

cav, moto, cmm and thomas (provided he gets his head out of his ass) are certainly a good enough core to be mediocre.

my definition of mediocre is a bubble team

My definition of mediocre is [Redacted]'s ceiling in his rosiest dreams.

I'm tempted to post a poll thread about Auburn/Pearl success vs Wake/???? in the next 5 years.

I just don't know- right now- if Auburn isn't going to be at a higher place than Wake by 2019. Auburn.

Well, they were in a higher place than we were 11 years ago this week. #$(*&@$($@$()$$

I'm tempted to post a poll thread about Auburn/Pearl success vs Wake/???? in the next 5 years.

I just don't know- right now- if Auburn isn't going to be at a higher place than Wake by 2019. Auburn.

Be sure to include an option for Auburn's vacated results.

Be sure to include an option for Auburn's vacated results.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I think Pearl may not be on the same path as John "Take it Down" Calipari who skirted punishments, left behind devastation, and only learned how to get better at cheating. Don't know Pearl and could be wrong but I think Auburn's administration drew a line saying you can't fuck up again. Now, this is Auburn who won the auction Mr. Newton ran for his son's services (think Savannah or Charleston circa 1830's). But they know Pearl's coming with his own NCAA baggage and I'm sure the 25 or so Bama basketball fans hate Auburn enough to snoop around and blow the whistle at the first thing they find askew. But I'm probably giving everyone too much credit here, including the NCAA who couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper sack.

So, Crowdtilt just contacted me about this. They want to extend the campaign, "spruce it up" on their end, and promote it more aggressively. I don't necessarily know what all of that entails, but they're obviously friendly to the Wake Forest cause.

I'll keep you guys updated as I hear more. I'm curious as to whether or not they have local media contacts in mind.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So, Crowdtilt just contacted me about this. They want to extend the campaign, "spruce it up" on their end, and promote it more aggressively. I don't necessarily know what all of that entails, but they're obviously friendly to the Wake Forest cause.

I'll keep you guys updated as I hear more. I'm curious as to whether or not they have local media contacts in mind.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The co-founder of CT is a wake alum.

The co-founder of CT wants more money "donated" to the cause in order to hopefully get a cut.

Back