• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

What's Bran's big part if not something like that? He has to serve some great purpose.

What's Bran's big part if not something like that? He has to serve some great purpose.

Seeing the future and/or present in places where he is not currently is a pretty big purpose. Or he could be the Night King.

Yo John, you're not really my brother. But we are 1st cousins. Your mom married Dany's brother and they had you, so long story short -- Dany's your aunt.

Yeah, dude. You want to fuck your aunt. That's weird and I'm judging you for it. Gross.

looks like season finale is nearly 90 mins

I'm predicting the following in order of confidence level:

1. Arya kills Littlefinger
2. Cleganebowl - the Hound kills the Mountain by lighting his sword on fire (maybe dies himself).
3. Jon and Dany fuck.
4. Jon rides a dragon and/or Jon and Dany find out they are related
5. Cersei accepts white Walker threat is real but says fuck it I don't care and tries to kill everyone
6. Cersei tries to do something a bridge too far for Jaime (I.e. Kill a dragon which he knows they need) or tries to kill Jaime when he tries to talk her out of #5
7. Jaime kills Cersei and then maybe himself
8. Reek attempts to save Yara but dies in the process, Yara kills Euron.
9. Greyworm dies
10. Dany does something mad-kingish in response to something above, giving Jon a hint that she is eventually going to turn bad (don't think she burns the throne room til next season though).

Yo John, you're not really my brother. But we are 1st cousins. Your mom married Dany's brother and they had you, so long story short -- Dany's your aunt.

Yeah, dude. You want to fuck your aunt. That's weird and I'm judging you for it. Gross.

no worries bro. she's barren. can't knock her up so it's all good...

I don't have any genetic aunts so I don't really see any problem with it.

So one of the dragons had to die by the hand of the Night King, otherwise they could just roast the entire army of the dead without any sort of fight. Also, I imagine dragons must have some sort of fuel tank type thing inside them where all the fire comes from, and that's where the laser rocket arm of the NK hit. Is that dragon now going to breathe some sort of blue ice flame that freezes everything on contact?

Anyone else think the other, non-Drogon dragon was going to come to Jon's aide, and he'd ride it away? I was almost sure that was going to happen.

what if the night king had his army wait to attack until he knew the dragons were coming?

just chill homies. we'll attack once the dragons are arrive. you brought your dragon killing spears right? psst king. we got word from our network of magic watchers that the dragons just cleared the wall. its go time.

So one of the dragons had to die by the hand of the Night King, otherwise they could just roast the entire army of the dead without any sort of fight. Also, I imagine dragons must have some sort of fuel tank type thing inside them where all the fire comes from, and that's where the laser rocket arm of the NK hit. Is that dragon now going to breathe some sort of blue ice flame that freezes everything on contact?

Anyone else think the other, non-Drogon dragon was going to come to Jon's aide, and he'd ride it away? I was almost sure that was going to happen.

valyrian steel makes white walkers explode so the ice weapons could do something similar to the "fire" inside the dragons. makes sense to me. agree that wight dragon breathes ice power of some sort.

i always thought there would be some wight equalizer for the dragons. there had to be. they already had their own dragon, another equally larger monster on their side, turn one of the good guys.

Have the Knight King and main generals had those spears by their sides/on their horses as they've overlooked battles before?

valyrian steel makes white walkers explode so the ice weapons could do something similar to the "fire" inside the dragons. makes sense to me. agree that wight dragon breathes ice power of some sort.

i always thought there would be some wight equalizer for the dragons. there had to be. they already had their own dragon, another equally larger monster on their side, turn one of the good guys.

dragon turned has to be a key to getting past the "magic" of the wall

Have the Knight King and main generals had those spears by their sides/on their horses as they've overlooked battles before?

Pretty sure they were stored in the same wagon that was also, very conveniently, carrying multiple, massive lengths of chain suitable for dragon draggin

Yup. I was positive that's where we were going. Odd that her 3rd dragon was suddenly nowhere to be seen.

Pretty sure they were stored in the same wagon that was also, very conveniently, carrying multiple, massive lengths of chain suitable for dragon draggin

Chains are easily explained:

Either they just went back to Hardhome to get them,

Or they had them with them to use on the gates/they knew they would need them for the dragon because this was all a trap laid by the Night King

Wait what? Did I miss this?

Nope. Just reread my statement.

I didn't get it either. The wights had their own dragon? Who turned one of the good guys? I don't think it reads like you think it does to people who aren't in your brain.

Back