• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

the last way i'd describe the recent ayra-sansa kerfuffle is as akin to normal human interactions, but YMMV. the whole ayra scaring sansa "let's play the game of faces because i can always tell if you're lying" stuff was cringeworthy imo.

lol yes i have sisters. that has nothing to do with anything. agree to disagree, this is just the most transparently contrived decision making to create drama that the show has ever done imo.

in fact it's so bad, i will almost guarantee littlefinger gets capped by ayra in the s7 finale and this was all some kind of ploy by ayra... and the writers for fake drama.

Definitely think Arya is going to kill Littlefinger (though they may save it for next season). I'm not convinced she's been in on it the whole time unless her interactions with Sansa are just a way to test her out to see where her loyalties lie/ how much she has actually changed.

I think it's more likely that she comes to her senses and figures out what's going on. Which again, I feel like is in line with her character, not some contrivance to build up fake drama.

the last way i'd describe the recent ayra-sansa kerfuffle is as akin to normal human interactions, but YMMV. the whole ayra scaring sansa "let's play the game of faces because i can always tell if you're lying" stuff was cringeworthy imo.

Watching sisters fight over stupid shit is always cringeworthy and never normal. Which is why I chose the word realistic.

my best guess, ayra is going a strange and roundabout way to show sansa that littlefinger is trying to separate them while also giving her a lot of exposition on her background so sansa gets why littlefinger must die in the next episode and who does it... while also fooling littlefinger into thinking his plan working.

the stuff like when they first saw each other "do i have to call you lady", "yes" that was in line with their character and funny and it was a little chilly because they weren't close growing up. that doesn't translate to falling comically into this trap where all of the sudden they are on the verge of killing each other because freaking littlefinger, who both girls know personally can't be trusted, drudged up a note (that really shouldn't be of consequence anyway).

my best guess, ayra is going a strange and roundabout way to show sansa that littlefinger is trying to separate them while also giving her a lot of exposition on her background so sansa gets why littlefinger must die in the next episode and who does it... while also fooling littlefinger into thinking his plan working.

the stuff like when they first saw each other "do i have to call you lady", "yes" that was in line with their character and funny and it was a little chilly because they weren't close growing up. that doesn't translate to falling comically into this trap where all of the sudden they are on the verge of killing each other because freaking littlefinger, who both girls know personally can't be trusted, drudged up a note (that really shouldn't be of consequence anyway).

I thought the trap was pretty convincing, to the point that until I saw littlefinger waiting for Arya outside of his room I thought the scroll she found was something tying Littlefinger to Bran's assassination attempt (which I still think might be coming).

Arya's distrust of Littlefinger plus an overestimation of her spying abilities/underestimation of Littlefinger's led her to fall into the trap. The shows portrayal of that was admittedly rushed and clumsy, but it made sense to me.

I could see it going either way though (Arya's been on it all along or she/Sansa finds out Littlefinger was responsible for basically starting the war that destroyed their family).

I hadn't noticed previously, but Bran totally dresses like the Night King. Plus they have similar facial construction with the angular jaw/nose and pointed ears.

8cb9d4c3-15f4-41b6-8df2-868dc377ab2e-106ecc1a3502ddde40d4277496cc3ad0bf0711d6aedc4c21a4f72f891a99913a01a4feff951de88c961769180d9e55233f6c9b5c9b28c5ce8a90edea41b4ec7026867aed28baca4869952f6b876722df.jpg

Bran is the Night King. Bet money on it.

Maybe bc I'm relatively new to this, but I didn't foresee the night king getting a dragon. I had assumed there would be a rider for each dragon picked out of our favorite characters. I also didn't think dragons would face the white walkers until very end.

Time travel and Bran the Night King sounds like some stretched out shit from people that found 8 million amazing things in True Detective that never ended up happening.

Maybe bc I'm relatively new to this, but I didn't foresee the night king getting a dragon. I had assumed there would be a rider for each dragon picked out of our favorite characters. I also didn't think dragons would face the white walkers until very end.

I wasn't expecting it this season though once it became clear Jon was going north of the wall, Dany and her Dragons coming to the rescue seemed obvious. I thought we would get three riders and thought for a second that Tyrion was about to hop on as they were flying away.

It wouldn't shock me if GRRM (if he ever finishes) has a third rider (Tyrion or otherwise) who is killed along with the Dragon by the Night King.

Yeah, and there should be some level of consistency. If this Night King dude is capable of that, there should have been some set up for it. Or he should have just grabbed a few spears and taken out Jon Snow and team in the (apparently multiple day) stand-off that was occurring and been done with things right away.

Take out Jon and others, and no dragon comes to the rescue, and then you don't have a dragon on your side.

Time travel and Bran the Night King sounds like some stretched out shit from people that found 8 million amazing things in True Detective that never ended up happening.

Jon being a Targaryen felt that way at one point also.....

I'm pretty dismayed by the current status of my favorite characters. Littlefinger has gone from the most fun player of the game to a dude who creeps in shadows and on a teenage girl and hides notes. Sweet. Dany went from someone acting with a greater purpose to being Cersei light. Tyrion is way less fun as a serious hand of the queen who got outsmarted by Jamie and had the dragons bail him out. Jon Snow's plan to capture a wight was incredibly stupid and unnecessary, and led us to this awful lightspeed dragon arrival. I'm rooting for the night king to end all of these idiots.

Back