• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

What do you mean by technically?

Because the likelihood that he is alive is slim to none (but he is an important enough character that they could really do anything)

I say technically cause in my mind he is dead

Hmm. Once again I like your theories

He has been in the "previously on" segment like six times since he left. A few were for fake outs (like the episode they killed Jon Snow after saying his uncle has returned) but their reluctance to let us forget him has to be part of a plan.

I have no idea who Uncle Benjen or Coldhands is, but Vanity Fair also agrees that he is probably the dude who will come to Bran's rescue at the last possible moment.

Then who is Coldhands?

Cold hands is a book character who is a nights watch brother who saves Sam and Gilly near Crasters Keep, guides Bran and team to 3 eyed Raven and is later discovered to be dead (but not a whitewalker)

Cold hands is a book character who is a nights watch brother who saves Sam and Gilly near Crasters Keep, guides Bran and team to 3 eyed Raven and is later discovered to be dead (but not a whitewalker)

And everyone assumes Coldhands is Benjen since Benjen was never found (I think this is right).

Can someone remind me about Jamie and Brienne in the Riverlands in the book? Does something significant happen?

And everyone assumes Coldhands is Benjen since Benjen was never found (I think this is right).

Can someone remind me about Jamie and Brienne in the Riverlands in the book? Does something significant happen?

didn't zombie Cat Stark kill Brienne?

Yes, Jamie walks off with a person presumed to be Brienne, but whether it is a zombie Brienne or normal Brienne, and whether she wants to kill him or save him, we do not know. It all depends on how you think Brienne's meeting with Stoneheart went, and more specifically, whether you think the word she yelled before the chapter ends was "sword" or "Jamie."

I don't think it would make a whole lot of sense to bring in Lady Stoneheart at this point, considering Brienne has found Sansa, and has sworn to protect her.

Also, they have seemingly scrapped the Jamie/Brienne connection in the show over the last season and a half. I guess that's what happens when you randomly send one of your main characters to mess around in Dorne for an entire season.

Last edited:

Not that it matters for the show, but Martin has said that Coldhands is not Benjen.

The other thing pointing to Benjen/Coldhands is Benjen is the other kid that child Ned is sparing with in Bran's final vision before young Hodor starts freaking out.

didn't zombie Cat Stark kill Brienne?

Oh, guess I read that thing wrong from Wiki. They left it off in the books that Zombie Cat Stark wanted her to kill Jaime, and she had gotten Jamie to go alone with her.

There is a doc on the interwebs that is a copy of the initial treatment of the series martin sent to the publisher. It mentions coldhands and a hand written side note says "is the benjen" and another note from martin says "no." So book benjen is not coldhands. As we've seen the book departs when it feels it works better.

Back