• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I don't know, trying to think of other biggies. They haven't even touched on the Caitlyn Stark resurrection. We may see Dany ride the dragon.

I don't know, trying to think of other biggies. They haven't even touched on the Caitlyn Stark resurrection. We may see Dany ride the dragon.

My money is on Dany riding Drogon. The pits open up and everything goes to shit when Drogon flies in. She gets on and rides him away to safety.

Think this season ends with dani and drogon in the pit. Maybe thats ep 9 (where they've traditionally had their biggest episodes). Not sure if her being gone is a season cliff hanger or she returns at the end of 10.

I would be surprised if jon being stabbed is his cliffhanger but he has touched most of his book storylines in someway at this point so not sure what they would hold it for. Looks like his potential survival is going to be a big spoiler when/if it happens.

Don't think we'll see lady stoneheart unless they decide to expand the season count beyound 2 more. Just too much fat being cut to start expanding again imanythingbho.

Cersei will make her walk of shame unless they plan on departing from the books there.

It really looks like books 4 and 5 were largely covered this season.

I wonder if they'll leave the season with a cliffhanger/development that the books haven't covered yet and really freak out the readers and non-readers.

I wonder if they'll leave the season with a cliffhanger/development that the books haven't covered yet and really freak out the readers and non-readers.

Can't wait for zombie Ned.

Game of Thrones Season FIVE (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

That's exactly where the season will end

Am I the only one that doesn't think that Jon Snow got stabbed at all? I can't remember it exactly, but when I read the speech he gave right before being stabbed, I remember thinking "none of this sounds anything like what we have been lead to believe are Jon's true values." I feel like he just kind of raged out and said some ridiculous stuff, then got stabbed. It didn't match his character, so I just thought that Malisandre must have created something that looked like Jon, or made someone else look like Jon. I can't find my copy of the book, and I don't check Reddit for stuff like this, but that was my initial impression. Am I way off in thinking that?

Am I the only one that doesn't think that Jon Snow got stabbed at all? I can't remember it exactly, but when I read the speech he gave right before being stabbed, I remember thinking "none of this sounds anything like what we have been lead to believe are Jon's true values." I feel like he just kind of raged out and said some ridiculous stuff, then got stabbed. It didn't match his character, so I just thought that Malisandre must have created something that looked like Jon, or made someone else look like Jon. I can't find my copy of the book, and I don't check Reddit for stuff like this, but that was my initial impression. Am I way off in thinking that?

She did do fake Mance in the book, so you wouldn't be too crazy in thinking that when reading. I remember thinking he was clearly knifed but probably going to warg into Ghost to survive for a while.

She did do fake Mance in the book, so you wouldn't be too crazy in thinking that when reading. I remember thinking he was clearly knifed but probably going to warg into Ghost to survive for a while.

This is what I thought. Otherwise, why have the Prologue start with Varamyr Sixskins warging into the woman then his wolf when he dies?

I am late because I just watched the episode--

The battle scene was awesome. However, I am not sure I like fast-moving re-animated dead that remember how to use weapons. That shit is just unfair. Also made it feel a little too much like a zombie movie.

How the fuck was there a boat waiting for Jon Snow at the end? They just got done showing a Titanic-like frenzy in the water with people mobbing the row boats and then at the end there happens to be an empty one just chilling there waiting for him? Maybe an extra second of screen-time to show the boat rowing in and implying it came back for them would have made it more believable.

Tyrion just straight carries scenes. It is incredible how Dinklage is fucking perfect for this role. Even though I think they could have done his introduction to Dany so much better, he still carries the scenes.

When is Arya going to go blind and warg into a cat? They need to show that shit.

How the fuck was there a boat waiting for Jon Snow at the end? They just got done showing a Titanic-like frenzy in the water with people mobbing the row boats and then at the end there happens to be an empty one just chilling there waiting for him? Maybe an extra second of screen-time to show the boat rowing in and implying it came back for them would have made it more believable.

yep, the fact a boat was waiting for jon snow is what made that scene not believable. that's it!

I am not sure I like fast-moving re-animated dead that remember how to use weapons. That shit is just unfair. Also made it feel a little too much like a zombie movie.

i am torn as well.

originally zombies were slow moving. it certainly is more modern to make them fast. using weapons certainly ratchets up the urgency and danger level for the show. after seeing the scene i think i am on board with the change. though previous showings were slower moving. maybe the direct involvement/proximity of the others allows them to move faster and use the weapons.

He actually tells one of the NW to come back for him in a canoe. Whether you find it believable is a different question but that's why the boat was supposed to be there.

I think less zombies and more undead army clearly being controlled by intelligent beings.

Back