• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Your xenophobic alt-right nationalist populism stance is well documented, we get it. I'm talking about the normal conservatives who have talked themselves into liking Trump.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

If the press had told 1% of what Trump has done, he wouldn't have lasted until Valentine's Day. Just his actions with Putin are totally disqualifying.

Karma continues to cling to the idea that Obama is some media creation instead of a legit good dude with a clean record.

I never said he wasn't a legit good dude. He absolutely was a media darling.

The two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive.

He's not worthy of respect and not a great American? He is a gentleman who has kept a stiff upper lip in the face of some of the worst personal insults and outright hatred hurled at him. For that alone he deserves respect. Leading the elimination of the worlds number one enemy OBL qualifies him as a great American.

You, on the other hand...

He's not worthy of respect and not a great American? He is a gentleman who has kept a stiff upper lip in the face of some of the worst personal insults and outright hatred hurled at him. For that alone he deserves respect. Leading the elimination of the worlds number one enemy OBL qualifies him as a great American.

You, on the other hand...

You just have to get butthurt and make it personal.

The media ran with:
1) Was he educated in a madrassa;
2) Was a fist bump between he and his wife a "terrorist fist jab;" and
3) calling Michelle Obama the President's "baby mama."

The President was a sensation in 2008- the first AA to have a legit shot at the White House, someone who motivated and captivated a lot of younger voters in a way that hadn't happened in decades, the first president from after the boomer generation. The media covered him they way they cover everybody else- they criticized him when he did dumb stuff and hyped up him when he said something noteworthy. The media also pumped up Palin and then tore her down when she proved unable to handle even the most basic of tasks in the public eye.

The media ran with:

The President was a sensation in 2008- the first AA to have a legit shot at the White House, someone who motivated and captivated a lot of younger voters in a way that hadn't happened in decades, the first president from after the boomer generation. The media covered him they way they cover everybody else- they criticized him when he did dumb stuff and hyped up him when he said something noteworthy. The media also pumped up Palin and then tore her down when she proved unable to handle even the most basic of tasks in the public eye.

Don't forget Rev. Wright.

You Hillary voters realize Clintonistas like Sidney Blumenthal were responsible for pushing a lot of that garbage don't you?

You suggested Obama wasn't deserving of positive media attention. What's your definition of "media darling" and "cult of personality" then?

General Election Thread: Clinton vs. Trump vs. Johnson

Don't be disingenuous. All of you "anti-hillary" voters have quickly and happily convinced yourselves that Trump is a good candidate. He's the exact same piece of shit he was 6 months ago when yours was just a "protest vote".

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

titcr

Are Trump and Obama remotely comparable, though?

The media ran with:

So apparently "the media" equals Fox News. I learned something new today. :thumbsup:

The media ran with:

Technically Obama (1961) is a boomer. Seems absurd, but boomers run from 1946 (Trump) to 1964 (Michelle Obama). Clearly the Obamas and Clintons are from different generations. Think the split should be if someone was of age to serve in Vietnam (1956/1957). Odd that the oldest boomers turned 21 during the Summer of Love and marriage equality occurred before pot became legal nationwide.

Back