• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Wow, look at all these amazing well behaved patriots standing in the rain. That is what you call enthusiasm folks.

I just heard about this (yes us retired dudes have "busy" days as well). All I can say is.....

What a f*kin embarrassment. I mean really, all kidding aside. Can anyone in there right mind really see this maniac in the White House? I mean really.......this is all a dream......a bad one but a dream......right??? Is this guy really the nominee of my Party??? Pinch me.....I'm beggin ya......

Welp, Trump just won Colorado.

All I've seen is that she wants to federally decriminalize it and allow states where it is legal to continue to serve as test cases. Where are you seeing this?

I just heard about this (yes us retired dudes have "busy" days as well). All I can say is.....

What a f*kin embarrassment. I mean really, all kidding aside. Can anyone in there right mind really see this maniac in the White House? I mean really.......this is all a dream......a bad one but a dream......right??? Is this guy really the nominee of my Party??? Pinch me.....I'm beggin ya......

I wish it was a dream deacspop. Glad to see there are some members of the bobs' generation (making an assumption here) who haven't lost their minds yet.

Here's a long and fantastic read on how trump has divided the GOP and especially conservative media.

This paragraph about the threats Eric Erickson has received is a good window into why Trump's rhetoric/movement is dangerous and could one day spawn our own version of Kristallnacht.

"More than one of the emails predicted that Erickson would be shot to death. At the local grocery store, a man walked up to Erickson’s two young children “and told them they needed to know their father was destroying this country by supporting Hillary Clinton,” Erickson told me. And one evening, two people showed up on the Ericksons’ doorstep to deliver a threat — Erickson would not tell me what it was — explicit enough that he later hired security guards. “I’ve never had Obama or Romney or McCain or Clinton supporters come to my home or send me nasty letters,” he said."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/0...mtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=https://t.co/enE6D1DFMb

Last edited:
Wow, look at all these amazing well behaved patriots standing in the rain. That is what you call enthusiasm folks.

[h=3]Polling Data[/h]
PollDateSampleMoEClinton (D)
Trump (R)
Spread
RCP Average9/10 - 9/28----44.839.5Clinton +5.3
Detroit News*9/27 - 9/28600 LV4.04235Clinton +7
FOX 2 Detroit/Mitchell9/27 - 9/271956 LV2.24944Clinton +5
MIRS-GSCI/Target Insyght*9/18 - 9/24600 LV4.04641Clinton +5
Detroit Free Press9/10 - 9/13600 LV4.04238Clinton +4

Here's a long and fantastic read on how trump has divided the GOP and especially conservative media.

This paragraph about the threats Eric Erickson has received is a good window into why Trump's rhetoric/movement is dangerous and could one day spawn our own version of Kristallnacht.

"More than one of the emails predicted that Erickson would be shot to death. At the local grocery store, a man walked up to Erickson’s two young children “and told them they needed to know their father was destroying this country by supporting Hillary Clinton,” Erickson told me. And one evening, two people showed up on the Ericksons’ doorstep to deliver a threat — Erickson would not tell me what it was — explicit enough that he later hired security guards. “I’ve never had Obama or Romney or McCain or Clinton supporters come to my home or send me nasty letters,” he said."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/0...mtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=https://t.co/enE6D1DFMb

I feel sorry for him as a human being, but Erickson and the conservative media have fostered this type of behavior. The plan was for conservative media and conservative politicians to manipulate them together, but Trump took over.

Nothing earth shattering to anyone who knows how rightwing Clinton truly is (she's definitely not a progressive) Recording of Clinton that's been leaked:
Hacked Audio Reveals Hillary Clinton Sees Herself Occupying “Center-Left to Center-Right”
"there’s just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we’ve done hasn’t gone far enough"
https://theintercept.com/2016/09/30/hillary-clinton-center-right/

All I've seen is that she wants to federally decriminalize it and allow states where it is legal to continue to serve as test cases. Where are you seeing this?

BSF can you source this other than rando twitter account?

Nothing earth shattering to anyone who knows how rightwing Clinton truly is (she's definitely not a progressive) Recording of Clinton that's been leaked:
Hacked Audio Reveals Hillary Clinton Sees Herself Occupying “Center-Left to Center-Right”
"there’s just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we’ve done hasn’t gone far enough"
https://theintercept.com/2016/09/30/hillary-clinton-center-right/

"We want people to be idealistic. We want them to set big goals. But to take what we can achieve now and try to present them as bigger goals." - Super conniving, right? Sounds like a logical person being strategic in selling her own platform. You'd have preferred she give a meaningless naive slogan? Perhaps a meaningless slogan stolen from a past presidential candidate as to invoke a cheap nostalgia? A brilliant slogan that both makes an impossible promise and salts past racial divisiveness?

Where have you heard Hillary wants to federally decriminalize it? I'd suggest you go read the new WaPo article where the Clinton campaign is claiming Chelsea "misspoke". Go read the question she was asked from a man in the audience and her response.

"We want people to be idealistic. We want them to set big goals. But to take what we can achieve now and try to present them as bigger goals." - Super conniving, right? Sounds like a logical person being strategic in selling her own platform. You'd have preferred she give a meaningless naive slogan? Perhaps a meaningless slogan stolen from a past presidential candidate as to invoke a cheap nostalgia? A brilliant slogan that both makes an impossible promise and salts past racial divisiveness?

Did you listen to the recordings? What did you think when the wealthy donors chuckled as she took a swipe at Bernie's ideas? Also, she says she doesn't want to over promise, yet not long after she promised $500 billion to provide tuition free college. So what's the real Hillary? The one who was mocking the idea of free college and free health-care, treating them as a joke, or the one we see now? If you believe her sincerity I think you're very gullible.

I do like the part where Hillary shit on millennials, talking about how they live in their parents' basements and are clueless about how politics work. :)

Back