• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Why didn't this effect happen in the primary polls? If anything, Trump's support was overstated in the polls in most states during the primaries.

I'm not sure there isn't evidence of it in the primary polls. I know that Trump has done better when it comes to anonymous and robo polls than polls with another person on the line.

I don't understand why Trump voters wouldn't be accounted for in random (actual) polls who are called. Hardly anybody is ashamed to tell somebody on the phone who they are voting for, much less voters for Trump. Somebody who they admire for "firing from the hip", and "saying it like it is".

The hypocrisy there just doesn't match up.

These polls are scientifically done and the people who run them are very, very good at running them. Most of them are done over the phone in a random sampling.

You are clearly reading my posts Doofus. I ask that you publicly renounce putting me on ignore. Thank you.

I don't understand why Trump voters wouldn't be accounted for in random (actual) polls who are called. Hardly anybody is ashamed to tell somebody on the phone who they are voting for, much less voters for Trump. Somebody who they admire for "firing from the hip", and "saying it like it is".

These polls are scientifically done and the people who run them are very, very good at running them. Most of them are done over the phone in a random sampling.

Some are shy, ok?

I read an article where Trump did significantly better in polls without another human on the line. I think it was USA Today- some source you people would approve of. Also, the Trump campaign themselves have done research into this and Kellyanne Conway has said something similar to the Bradley Effect is at play. There is social pressure felt by people, particularly college graduates, to not admit they're voting for Trump. We'll see.

Says a lot about Trump if there are theoretically millions who are too embarrassed to admit they are voting for him.

Says a lot about Trump if there are theoretically millions who are too embarrassed to admit they are voting for him.

People feel pressure to conform and admit they're voting for the more socially desirable candidate. For college graduates that person is Clinton. If you admit to voting for Trump you get called all sorts of mean things and people assume you're a racist and an idiot. This is the prevalent view in your social circle is it not? No one wants others to consider them to be a racist rube.

Newsweek got hacked after posting the Cuba story? Must've been those 400 lb dudes Trump warned us about. Anyway, they added the bill:

trumphotelscubabill.jpg

Clinton ad with her saying he did stuff in the debate side by side with him saying lies, wrong then the clip of him saying what he just denied is much better.

Just your daily alarmist dispatch from that bastion of LIBERAL VALUES Texas:

j8mgm1.png

This election isn't going to be close. I told you BSF that it was as good as it was going to get a couple of weeks ago.

Back