• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

sailor's going to flip when he finds out Trump admires Frau Merkel.

General Election Thread:Under 40 Days

Wait is this really what the basement dweller comment came from? The way some things were posted sounds like Clinton called then basement dwellers in disgust, sorta like 400 pound hackers. Talk about spin and taking words out of context.

There is a sense of disappointment among young people about politics. They’re children of the Great Recession, and they are living in their parents’ basement. They feel that they got their education, and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envision for themselves, and they don’t see much of a future…that is a mindset that is really affecting their politics. So if you’re feeling that you are consigned to being a barista or some other job that doesn’t pay a lot and doesn’t have much of a ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing."

Sounds fairly accurate as well as somewhat sympathetic.

Just like the deplorables comment.

Nah, it's much better when BKF or you post the rcp or the 538 numbers is giant red letters. That way I know which parts are important. Can't understand why you guys stopped.

Thanks. I'll probably get back to doing those posts in the not too distant future, just for you. I never knew you were a fan!

Full quote from Washington Post article:

Clinton went on to say that many millennials backing Sanders were "children of the Great Recession" and "living in their parents’ basement," who "feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves" but did not see the gains they expected.

"I met with a group of young black millennials today," said Clinton, "and you know one of the young women said, 'You know, none of us feel that we have the job that we should have gotten out of college. And we don’t believe the job market is going to give us much of a chance.' So that is a mindset that is really affecting their politics. And so if you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have some other ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing. So I think we should all be really understanding of that and should try to do the best we cannot to be, you know, a wet blanket on idealism."

Pretty hilarious that Rs would try to take that quote and make it into a slam on millennials. Almost as desperate as blaming a microphone.

A lot of millennials do live with their parents, who cares what room they're in? It's hard as fuck to find a job right now, and it's even harder to find one near a metro area that pays rent and student loans. It almost seems like Trump doesn't give a fuck about college graduates, only uneducated displaced factory workers. The desperation from Trump shills is risible. Pretty sure that he said "Black neighborhoods are hell" in front of 80 million people less than a week ago. How about we talk about that.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Wait is this really what the basement dweller comment came from? The way some things were posted sounds like Clinton called then basement dwellers in disgust, sorta like 400 pound hackers. Talk about spin and taking words out of context.

There is a sense of disappointment among young people about politics. They’re children of the Great Recession, and they are living in their parents’ basement. They feel that they got their education, and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envision for themselves, and they don’t see much of a future…that is a mindset that is really affecting their politics. So if you’re feeling that you are consigned to being a barista or some other job that doesn’t pay a lot and doesn’t have much of a ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing."

Sounds fairly accurate as well as somewhat sympathetic.
Why didn't you include the part right before that, where she talked about how naive millennials are and the audience of wealthy donors laughed?
"And on the other side (referring to the Bernie supporters), there’s just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we’ve done hasn’t gone far enough, and that we just need to, you know, go as far as, you know, Scandinavia" (laughter from the audience)
She then follows it up with:
"I don’t want to overpromise. I don’t want to tell people things that I know we cannot do."
Keep in mind, not along after this Hillary came up with her free tuition plan in an effort to win over Bernie voters, saying she will set aside $500 billion for it. Hands up if you think she's serious about that.

A lot of millennials do live with their parents, who cares what room they're in? It's hard as fuck to find a job right now, and it's even harder to find one near a metro area that pays rent and student loans. It almost seems like Trump doesn't give a fuck about college graduates, only uneducated displaced factory workers. The desperation from Trump shills is risible. Pretty sure that he said "Black neighborhoods are hell" in front of 80 million people less than a week ago. How about we talk about that.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I think you're misrepresenting what Trump said, or perhaps he misspoke, but there is no doubt a lot of black communities are very difficult for the people living there.

I think it's because if you write off almost a billion is losses you kinda are admitting you aren't a good businessman, essentially his entire persona.

Yea what's the over/under on a tweetstorm from Donald tonight? First tweet at 12:15am?

I think you're misrepresenting what Trump said, or perhaps he misspoke, but there is no doubt a lot of black communities are very difficult for the people living there.

The quote is nearly verbatim and in context - “African Americans and Hispanics are living in hell. You walk down the street and you get shot.”

Trump shills have a problem with Hillary generalizing about themselves, but coincidentally they have a huge fucking Blindspot for Trump repeatedly generalizing about race and gender. This is why the anti-pc crowd is full of shit, because your booty-holes get super tight when people start stereotyping you. You all can dish it out and you can't take it. Long story short, don't be surprised that those people living in hell think you are #deplorable.

Back