• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

CtuhIy4VYAEKAGg.jpg

So? Republicans bash the "47%" who pay various local and state taxes but don't pay net federal income tax.

Well, I have about resigned myself to the fact that the despicable Hillary Clinton is going to be the next president. How in the world did this nation sink to this level? I don't particularly mind Trump losing, because it was always virtually impossible to make a valid case that he should ever be president, anyway....but what is absolutely awful is Hillary winning the presidency. Something is deadly wrong in our political system when the nation has to choose between these two people for its president.

I am also about resigned to the incredulous idea that both candidates want Hillary to win. Trump stayed focused for 3 or 4 weeks and the contest became almost a dead-heat, with Trump being given up to a 45% chance to win. Then, as soon as that happened, he went completely off the rails again. Many people here said that it was "Trump not being able to help himself"...but I'm not so sure that is what happened at all. I think that there is at least an arguable case that Trump did this intentionally, as winning was getting "too close to comfort" for him. The only way that Hillary can lose this election is if it turns out to be another "Brexit" where there are enough enraged voters to vote against her come hell or high water, consequences be damned.

You see, I am beginning to believe that Trump never wanted to be President from the beginning. Being President is a job...and a very difficult & stressful one. The ego is served by the adulation of running for the job....but the real work comes after you get the job. Why would a 70-year old man with $5 billion or whatever he has want to tie himself down to a killer of a job like the presidency for four years? That never made any sense to me. What makes much more sense to me is that Trump, in addition to feeding his ego for the last year, has some kind of a financial angle whereby he can parlay his "run" for the presidency into another media network of some kind where he can profit by continuing to promote some of the issues that created his political base...which turned out to be much larger than most of the pundits realized.

In other words, where I disagree with many posters on this board is that I think Donald Trump is a lot smarter than many posters think he is. They think he is just flying off the handle because he can't help himself. I think there is a possibility that there is a calculated reason behind all the stuff he has done in this campaign......but that reason does not include winning the presidency. And that is very frustrating...when you are pulling for a guy to win and you have decided that he is trying to lose.

I feel the same way, but in reverse. Very tough to make a case that Hilary should be president, but consider how awful it would be to elect Trump. I am not thrilled with Hilary, for many reasons. Trump is a horrible, horrible person. I struggle to see how anyone who loves this country could vote for him. The only rational reason I hear is that it is a vote against Hilary. There is nothing ACTUALLY ABOUT TRUMP that is worth electing.

Will defend

Who will defend? Who are these people you are always referring to? I must live in a bubble. None of my friends, family, or people I work with condone vandalism, rioting, looting, etc. Do I need to move? Change careers? Get a new family?

Who will defend? Who are these people you are always referring to? I must live in a bubble. None of my friends, family, or people I work with condone vandalism, rioting, looting, etc. Do I need to move? Change careers? Get a new family?

If someone put a swastika on a Trump property, would it be graffiti or would it be some of his supporters trying to glorify their candidate?

I feel the same way, but in reverse. Very tough to make a case that Hilary should be president, but consider how awful it would be to elect Trump. I am not thrilled with Hilary, for many reasons. Trump is a horrible, horrible person. I struggle to see how anyone who loves this country could vote for him. The only rational reason I hear is that it is a vote against Hilary. There is nothing ACTUALLY ABOUT TRUMP that is worth electing.

I don't see how any responsible adult could vote for him. You must not give a fuck about this country.

I don't see how any responsible adult could vote for him. You must not give a fuck about this country.

What a rude thing to say to Coach O. He might very well give a fuck about this country. Check yourself Mr. Judgmental.

LOL. Solid impartial source you have there.

Any critcism of Hillary can get you banned. That tells you all you need to know about the site. The owner took a ton of "donations" from Bernie supporters and turned around and stabbed in the back. He's long been a supporter of the Dem establishment, though he pretends to be edgey. Fucking idiot. Shit site for groupthink shitheads.

LOL. Solid impartial source you have there.

Source? Seriously?? SOURCE?

It's an opinion piece. It's someone talking about their opinions. They are closely associated with my opinions. It was written better than I could have. So I shared it.

Anyway you could cut and paste your favorites? Thanks! :thumbsup: I've been boycotting Daily Kos since they decided to not allow Bernie supporters to criticize Hillary. I also boycott The Verge, which Daily Kos founder/fascist Hillshill Markos Moulitsas, is also involved with.

Sure. My favorite is that I also struggle to understand how folks who are Christian can support Donald Trump. Donald Trump's actions and words are SO FAR from what I understand Christianity to be about.

Sure. My favorite is that I also struggle to understand how folks who are Christian can support Donald Trump. Donald Trump's actions and words are SO FAR from what I understand Christianity to be about.

Was her vote for the Iraq War in line with your religious beliefs? What about her lobbying Obama to engage in military action in Libya? Is it Christian to laugh about the death of someone, especially one as barbaric as what happened to Gaddafi?

Back