• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Was her vote for the Iraq War in line with your religious beliefs? What about her lobbying Obama to engage in military action in Libya? Is it Christian to laugh about the death of someone, especially one as barbaric as what happened to Gaddafi?

I don't think you understand my religious beliefs. I am atheist.

But I did go to Catholic school, and have a fairly decent understanding of Christianity.

My statement was about Trump. If you read an earlier post I made today, I said that Hilary is a horrible choice for President. So I am not sure why you are taking my comments about Trump and how I struggle to understand Christians who support such an un-Christian man, with "What about Hilary?"

Reeks of dishonesty.

I don't think you understand my religious beliefs. I am atheist.

But I did go to Catholic school, and have a fairly decent understanding of Christianity.

My statement was about Trump. If you read an earlier post I made today, I said that Hilary is a horrible choice for President. So I am not sure why you are taking my comments about Trump and how I struggle to understand Christians who support such an un-Christian man, with "What about Hilary?"

Reeks of dishonesty.

If you're an atheist why do you care how Christian Trump is? That was the one point you brought up- that you struggle to see how Christians can support Trump. Why don't you have similar concerns about how Christians can support Hillary?

The Bobs' compatriot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/finally-someone-who-thinks-like-me/2016/10/01/c9b6f334-7f68-11e6-9070-5c4905bf40dc_story.html

The first time she had seen him, at a rally in June, she was just beginning to realize how many people saw the world the way she did, that she was one among millions. At the time, her hips were still sore from a series of injections intended to calm her. She had gotten them in February, during a difficult time in her life, when she had been involuntarily hospitalized for several weeks after what she called a “rant,” a series of online postings that included one saying that Obama should be hanged and the White House fumigated and burned to the ground. On her discharge papers, in a box labeled “medical problem,” a doctor had typed “homicidal ideation.”

Melanie thought the whole thing was outrageous. She wasn’t a person with homicidal ideation. She was anxious, sure. Enraged, definitely. But certainly not homicidal, and certainly not in need of a hospital stay.

“It never crossed my mind that I’m losing it,” she said several months after her release, and a big reason for this conviction was the rise of Donald Trump, who had talked about so many of the things she had come to believe — from Obama being a founder of the terrorist group ISIS, to Hillary Clinton being a co-founder, to the idea that U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia may have been murdered in a White House plot involving a prostitute and a pillow.

You share her views, BSF? How about you, BKF?

Coach O - pretty certain youre new to posting on the tunnels. Bobstack is one the resident trolls and trump apologists. It took me a few days to figure this out but he's completely incapable of rational conversation - much like baby hands himself. Not worth the time or effort.

If you're an atheist why do you care how Christian Trump is? That was the one point you brought up- that you struggle to see how Christians can support Trump. Why don't you have similar concerns about how Christians can support Hillary?

I don't know very many Christians who are supporting Hilary. There may be...but not in my circle. Where I live, there are several churches ( where I have friends who attend) who are putting their support behind Trump.

I hope you can logically differentiate between "caring" and "struggling to understand."

Once again, my original comment stands, and you have not addressed it. You asked me to cut and paste my favorite...I told you it was the part about Christians supporting Trump. From that point on, your posts have been about Clinton.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but it appears to me that you have done nothing but try to set me up...troll style. I have been open and honest in my responses.

Edited to add: Christian Democrats supporting Clinton seems more in line with historical Democrat views. I have a "nothing new to see here" view on that. It's the Republican side I am struggling with...I historically associate Christian Republicans with supporting Mitt Romney types. Trump is the complete opposite of that.

Last edited:
Coach O - pretty certain youre new to posting on the tunnels. Bobstack is one the resident trolls and trump apologists. It took me a few days to figure this out but he's completely incapable of rational conversation - much like baby hands himself. Not worth the time or effort.

Haha...I literally think I am the person who has been posting on the Wake boards the longest...since the AOL boards in 1992.

I am completely and totally perplexed by this election. I lean more conservative than liberal on most issues, so this obsession with Donald Trump is something I just can't figure out.

Seeking to understand here...even from bsf. Not making much progress though.

Haha...I literally think I am the person who has been posting on the Wake boards the longest...since the AOL boards in 1992.

I am completely and totally perplexed by this election. I lean more conservative than liberal on most issues, so this obsession with Donald Trump is something I just can't figure out.

I don't think I showed up until 1993. There are a few of us still around. Me you rj deachead?

95b586924b9baf1eaa502ded323c42e7.jpg

I don't think I showed up until 1993. There are a few of us still around. Me you rj deachead?

Pretty much. Plus a bunch of Duke-loving teenagers. If you remember, it was all one board back then...ACC. It didn't break off in to individual school boards until 94-95. Couple of UNC posters were pretty good, though, as were a few Maryland and NC State folks.

Duke in 92 and Carolina in 93 winning national championships made it tough to be a Deac on that board...

I was there.

I don't know very many Christians who are supporting Hilary. There may be...but not in my circle. Where I live, there are several churches ( where I have friends who attend) who are putting their support behind Trump.

I hope you can logically differentiate between "caring" and "struggling to understand."

Once again, my original comment stands, and you have not addressed it. You asked me to cut and paste my favorite...I told you it was the part about Christians supporting Trump. From that point on, your posts have been about Clinton.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but it appears to me that you have done nothing but try to set me up...troll style. I have been open and honest in my responses.

Edited to add: Christian Democrats supporting Clinton seems more in line with historical Democrat views. I have a "nothing new to see here" view on that. It's the Republican side I am struggling with...I historically associate Christian Republicans with supporting Mitt Romney types. Trump is the complete opposite of that.

1. Pretty sure the overwhelming majority of Hillary supporters self-identify as Christians. Just because they're not in your circle, surely you know they exist. So it seems bizarre to me that you're just concerned about how Christians can support Trump and never thought to ask yourself how they can support someone as flawed and with as many skeletons in the closet as Hillary.
2. As for how any Christian can support either of these candidates, being a Christian involves constantly making compromises with any society in which you exist. You can run down a long list of things in this society that seem antithetical to the teachings of Jesus. Why not ask how can any Christian think it's okay to seek material wealth? Yet that's what everyone is trying to do. Anyway, there is no one Christianity. Different things have greater importance to different Christians. The black and Hispanic churches almost all support Hillary, while most conservative evangelicals support Trump. They've got their reasons.

I'm not setting you up or trolling you but I don't think you're being honest. Or if you are, you're very misguided about who is supporting Hillary.

1. Pretty sure the overwhelming majority of Hillary supporters self-identify as Christians. Just because they're not in your circle, surely you know they exist. So it seems bizarre to me that you're just concerned about how Christians can support Trump and never thought to ask yourself how they can support someone as flawed and with as many skeletons in the closet as Hillary.
2. As for how any Christian can support either of these candidates, being a Christian involves constantly making compromises with any society in which you exist. You can run down a long list of things in this society that seem antithetical to the teachings of Jesus. Why not ask how can any Christian think it's okay to seek material wealth? Yet that's what everyone is trying to do. Anyway, there is no one Christianity. Different things have greater importance to different Christians. The black and Hispanic churches almost all support Hillary, while most conservative evangelicals support Trump. They've got their reasons.

I'm not setting you up or trolling you but I don't think you're being honest. Or if you are, you're very misguided about who is supporting Hillary.

Fair enough. You will have to take me at my word that I am being honest. I will take you at yours that you are not trolling me.

This would have all gone quicker if you would have responded with your answer #2 to my original post. Totally legit answer, and the one I was seeking in the first place.

94 was there very close to the beginning.

Yep, he was. So was Kent. I was explaining to my 18 year old the other day that I was a "community leader" (i.e. moderator) on the AOL ACC sports board back then. He asked me if I got paid. I said absolutely...I got 2 free hours of AOL a week! Should have seen the look of confusion on his face when I explained what that meant...

Fair enough. You will have to take me at my word that I am being honest. I will take you at yours that you are not trolling me.

This would have all gone quicker if you would have responded with your answer #2 to my original post. Totally legit answer, and the one I was seeking in the first place.

Okay, my apologies for questioning your honesty. I shouldn't have done that.

Somehow BSF has no problem with empathy and understanding when it comes to absolving Christian sects of blatant hypocrisy. Coincidence that the absolved just happen to be Trump voters? Nah. Not that I have a problem with that, I just wish he would apply that same mindset to other groups of people, groups that he doesn't agree with.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Somehow BSF has no problem with empathy and understanding when it comes to absolving Christian sects of blatant hypocrisy. Not that I have a problem with that, I just wish he would apply that same mindset to other groups of people.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Not sure what you're referring to. But I have no problem with people calling out the hypocrisy of Christians.

Back