• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

I don't believe you. Your need to equate Trump and Hillary in all moral conditions betrays your neutrality, because they are not mirror opposites. Trump is not a pacifist, and therefore there is no pacifist choice for a Christian, so an honestly informed Christian must base their choice on greater specificity. Trump and Hillary are not morally equivalent.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I don't believe you. Your need to equate Trump and Hillary in all moral conditions betrays your neutrality, because they are not mirror opposites. Trump is not a pacifist, and therefore there is no pacifist choice for a Christian, so an honestly informed Christian must base their choice on greater specificity. Trump and Hillary are not morally equivalent.

I'm agnostic. I'm sure Christians who support one or the other have their reasons and probably reconcile their choice with their religious beliefs. For example, people opposed to abortion will have difficulty reconciling that with a vote for Hillary. But I'm sure plenty of Hispanic Catholics who are strongly opposed to abortion will still vote for her. There are issues for them that outweigh her support for abortion rights. And I don't believe they are mirror opposites- Trump is terrible but Hillary is worse. Trump is not a pacifist, but I doubt he's a murderous war monger like Hillary. So I give the edge to Trump when it comes to who is less likely to get us involved in another war. Anyway, neither of them are moral but I consider Trump to be more moral than Hillary. Obviously ymmv.

We all have to judge people on their actions, but as it regards to sources and confirmation, you Trump shills have created a vicious cycle with your distrust of mainstream media, and complete trust in secondary unestablished media. You seem to dismiss or blindly defend terrible things that Trump says or does in real time, and counter those with alleged faults, unprovable claims and poorly sourced conspiracy theories about Hillary. Very rarely do you attack Hillary based on real time events or proved charges. You actively discredit yourself due to your reliance on unproved charges and alleged faults, (feelings) rather than established relevant facts. Trump is self-immolating right in front of you, and you're yelling fire at Hillary's smoking chimney. Yeah, maybe she is burning evidence in there, but look in front of your face.

We all have to judge people on their actions, but as it regards to sources and confirmation, you Trump shills have created a vicious cycle with your distrust of mainstream media, and complete trust in secondary unestablished media. You seem to dismiss or blindly defend terrible things that Trump says or does in real time, and counter those with alleged faults, unprovable claims and poorly sourced conspiracy theories about Hillary. Very rarely do you attack Hillary based on real time events or proved charges. You actively discredit yourself due to your reliance on unproved charges and alleged faults, (feelings) rather than established relevant facts. Trump is self-immolating right in front of you, and you're yelling fire at Hillary's smoking chimney. Yeah, maybe she is burning evidence in there, but look in front of your face.

Trump is nuts. But I still think Hillary will make for a worse president.

That's fine. Just seems you should be aware that you are far more convincing selling Trump's amorphous populism than attacking Hillary's character. Trump is obviously intent on losing the character battle.

I don't know very many Christians who are supporting Hilary. There may be...but not in my circle. Where I live, there are several churches ( where I have friends who attend) who are putting their support behind Trump.

I hope you can logically differentiate between "caring" and "struggling to understand."

Once again, my original comment stands, and you have not addressed it. You asked me to cut and paste my favorite...I told you it was the part about Christians supporting Trump. From that point on, your posts have been about Clinton.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but it appears to me that you have done nothing but try to set me up...troll style. I have been open and honest in my responses.

Edited to add: Christian Democrats supporting Clinton seems more in line with historical Democrat views. I have a "nothing new to see here" view on that. It's the Republican side I am struggling with...I historically associate Christian Republicans with supporting Mitt Romney types. Trump is the complete opposite of that.

I'm a Christian. I have never voted for a democrat for president, going back to 1992. I will vote for Hillary because we are called to love one another, and I refuse to vote for someone who is a divider. He can't help it. It's in his Dna. I probably agree with him more than Hillary on discrete issues, but I will not vote for someone who is going to tear us apart. I know Hillary's election will not be easy, but I believe in my heart that she cares about America and Americans far more than Trump.

I would have voted for Jeb or Rubio over her. Not sure about Cruz.

Most of those things or something very similar could be written about Hillary supporters. Both candidates are horrible human beings. Most people will chose the horrible human being that supports more issues that they support.

Nonsensical false equivalency. But when you need to rationalize voting for Donald Trump for President.......

Nonsensical false equivalency. But when you need to rationalize voting for Donald Trump for President.......

Not I who needs to rationalize as my candidate is neither of those two. You, on the other hand, live in complete denial about how bad of a candidate you will be pulling the lever for.

Whatever helps to get you through the night.

Not I who needs to rationalize as my candidate is neither of those two. You, on the other hand, live in complete denial about how bad of a candidate you will be pulling the lever for.

I love the "but I'm not voting for Trump" canard. Vote for whomever you like. Your posting makes it clear who you support.

Chris has worshiped and shilled for the Clintons for decades. He is incapable of admitting what complete dirtbags they are.

Back