• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe has lost my respect

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Posted this on another thread, but I'm done with him. Throwing Tanner under the bus is an asshole move. What about the decision to run the option, a scheme that our senior quarterback and the rest of the team are just not built for? What about the decision to let the clock run down and then call a time out because we don't know what we're fucking doing on offense? What about the decision to run the ball up the middle time after time on the goal line only to get stuffed at the line?

Grobe is not bringing in enough talent, developing the players we have, or getting the most out of them. He shows undying allegiance to the worst offensive coordinator in the league while he blames our embarrassing play on the kids.

#GrobeOut

I agree 100%. That was it. He needs to go now. The decision making has been horrendous. If I had a headset on during the game and they let me call the plays we would have won significantly more games. That is painfully true. Lobo is a fucking moron. This is like the army with an incompetent general that can't be questioned. Everyone dies.

Was thinking exactly the same thing. I definitely think Grobe needs to be put on the Hot Seat. Maybe he's getting way too comfortable at Wake. Would love to see another QB play as well. Price is a senior; he's not going anywhere... Whatever happened to Souza?? He's was highly regarded coming out of High School, and I haven't seen him on the field much. Is he not panning out?? Seems like he'd be a good candidate to run the option they have fallen in love with... Is he not healthy?

Stupid call going for it as well. 17 -10 would have been fine the way we played. Stupid stupid stupid. Play calling has been erratic as hell.

The thing about it there is with only 20 seconds left if you go for it and miss the are pinned still so the call is even more stupid in that particular situation. He goes for when he shouldn't and doesn't when he should

The guy is done, needs to show some integrity and retire.

Agree. I hate to see him blaming the kids for something the coaches caused. Our recruiting sucks compared to likewise schools. Our assistant coaches are average and we lose all our good ones pretty quickly to better offers elsewhere. Then he's just a statue on the field. The Jim Grobe of 2006 and before is long gone.

Is there a link to the comments where he throws him under the bus? Post game? Half time? Sorry I watched from a bar.

Nothing like having Josh Harris, the worst short yardage back in the history of football, carry 3 times on the goal line and get stuffed. A lot of that is on the OL you should be able to get 3 yards. But when you have a 235lb D. Martin who is a pretty good short yardage guy watching from the side line, What the Fuck are you thinking??

Grobe OUT!!!

I actually agree with you, bkf, unless the entire WF administration changes its attitude toward sports success. Just getting a new coach won't change the institutional problem we're saddled with.

Only the lord knows: But if we get to a bowl game, you have to say ok. 1 more year. No bowl, and it's time to move on.

I actually agree with you, bkf, unless the entire WF administration changes its attitude toward sports success. Just getting a new coach won't change the institutional problem we're saddled with.

This. We're just going to get another Wellman and another Grobe when it's all said and done. We can't get new fans.

For the record, there isn't another Bz. That's just unrealistic.

I think Grobe is a nice man, who pounced on the opportunity to raise funds during a fortunate run from 06 - 08. I give him props for that. However, lets not forget that he had Skinner listed as his THIRD String QB!! He is an average coach, who got very lucky with Skinner. The question is, would we have even had those 3 good years had Mouck not gotten hurt in 06 forcing him to use the backup QB's and eventually getting lucky with Skinner? I don't think so...

It's not just the administration, either. We've had several people different people leading the athletic department during the last 80 years, and none of them could find a way for WF to win consistently in football. There are structural disadvantages which are basically impossible for us to overcome on a regular basis in football....no matter who is the AD or who is the football coach. Failing to understand and/or accept that reality only leads to perpetual frustration.

What a pathetic post. We've had poor athletic leadership with the same mentality you have. Has there ever been a burning desire to win at the top?

Do you guys think a good FCS coach like Bohl would like to make to jump to FBS at a school like Wake?

You are so unrealistic that it is comical, PH. "Burning desire"...what the fuck is that? I have a burning desire to sleep with Pam Anderson. You think that if I just had enough desire, I could do it? I'll ask you the same question that I asked Lohengrin: How do you overcome the structural disadvantages at WF to win consistently in football when it hasn't happened in the last 80 years? Where is another school with 4,000 students....with another coach and another AD...that has been able to win consistently in a power conference in D1 football?

Pam anderson is gross and the acc is no power conference.

You are so unrealistic that it is comical, PH. "Burning desire"...what the fuck is that? I have a burning desire to sleep with Pam Anderson. You think that if I just had enough desire, I could do it? I'll ask you the same question that I asked Lohengrin: How do you overcome the structural disadvantages at WF to win consistently in football when it hasn't happened in the last 80 years? Where is another school with 4,000 students....with another coach and another AD...that has been able to win consistently in a power conference in D1 football?

Things have changed with TV and the money. I think that it is possible to have a niche type program with a charismatic coach and playing style, that is attractive nationally.

Grobe had it going with the misdirection and then with swank and plack the ball control game.

That is now passé and so is Grobe. We can win without cheating but we have to have new blood with a personality and winning attitude. Not this quasi military bullshit we have now.

To me Grobe Wellman and buzz all need to be fired this year. I would bring in Shaka Smart and lead with the hoops program no matter what the money. We should stress academics and diversity.

Last edited:
Things have changed with TV and the money. I think that it is possible to have a niche type program with a charismatic coach and paying style, that is attractive nationally.

Grobe had it going with the misdirection and then with swank and plack the ball control game.

That is now passé and so is Grobe. We can win without cheating but we have to have new blood with a personality and winning attitude. Not this quasi military bullshit we have now.

To me Grobe Wellman and buzz all need to be fired this year. I would bring in Shaka Smart and lead with the hoops program no matter what the money. We should stress academics and diversity.

Que? I don't think diversity is ever going to be a big selling point for lily white Wake Forest.

Nothing like having Josh Harris, the worst short yardage back in the history of football, carry 3 times on the goal line and get stuffed. A lot of that is on the OL you should be able to get 3 yards. But when you have a 235lb D. Martin who is a pretty good short yardage guy watching from the side line, What the Fuck are you thinking??

Grobe OUT!!!

Martin appears to be in the dreaded Grobe dog house from which it is very difficult to emerge.

Back