• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe has lost my respect

Our football program is just back to where it has been for the last 60 years, except for that 3-year outlier period from 2006 thru 2008. That's one of the problems here. Some people are ignorring 57 years & picking out one 3-year period out of six decades and saying that is supposed to be the norm, rather than the exception.

Why is our football program where it has been for the last 60 years if enrollment is going up?

Also agree about enrollment. However, my point in this thread is not which schools we should be as good as, but rather that our coaches are not making us as competitive as we can be. Maybe the 06-09 run was a complete anomaly and that kind of results is not repeatable. I'm not saying that, but let's just say that's the case, it doesn't mean that we can't do better than what we have right now. We could be better in recruiting, player development, offensive scheming, execution, and definitely game day coaching than we are right now. 100 year history means nothing, and neither does 06-09. Several noob ESPN analysts saw this in 2 minutes of watching us. I mean really, when was the last time analysts/commentators spent that much time questioning not just a particular play or call, but the COMPLETE COACHING PHILOSOPHY of a staff. This is easy.

The athletic department has more money from TV revenue now than it has ever had. The TV package has increased 400% in 15 years. We may not have the money it takes to be a consistent top 20 team, but money is not the reason we are "historically competitive".

The athletic department has more money from TV revenue now than it has ever had. The TV package has increased 400% in 15 years. We may not have the money it takes to be a consistent top 20 team, but money is not the reason we are "historically competitive".

this is correct. we have a disgusting revenue stream but for some reason we cannot out-recruit inferior schools.

And you're contradicting your entire point? "This bad" is as bad as the last 60 years.

Back